[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Cube World
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Cube World

Everything related to games~

Re: Cube World

Postby Regnek » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:12 pm

The way I could see the build aspect coming into it, would be kinda like in Terraria where you build houses and people move to your town and such, but not all of being of use but needing a town of a certain size for certain people to come, some of them traders others people who will give you quests, and some characters have more specific requirement, and maybe as your town grows, then the more you need to have in place to support your populous, although I do guess at that point its becoming a mix of an rpg, a world building game and a economy game. but still that good be pretty cool I think. Feel free to disagree.
“May all your dreams but one come true, for what is life without a dream?”
David Gemmell

“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.”
Terry Pratchett
Regnek
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Doctor G33K » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Well the dev has added towns already. And he said he'll probably add enough building so you could make your own house. But I doubt this will be that big as a building game.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly
big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but
that's just peanuts to space, listen..."
~R.I.P. Douglas Adams (I promise I'll stop confusing you with Stephen Douglas)
Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

Postby Bear » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Well, I think it's best just to wait and enjoy seeing it develop. It might end up turning out incredibly compelling and accomplished by the time he is done building it. He has a solid art direction and a clean UI, so he is off to a great start.

Right now I'm hoping he finds the strength of his game and hones it. Terraria, for instance, was immensely more compelling to me than Minecraft because its combat and weapon variety. Minecraft is more compelling than Terraria because I think building in 3D space is more fun than 2D (despite my heavy love for sprite games).

Games that have innovative aspects to them tend to do really well and Cube World needs that combination of elements that really sets itself apart. Since we have no idea what level of ingenuity and creativity the creator is capable of, we can only be hopeful for its development. =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Doctor G33K » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 pm

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly
big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but
Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

Postby Regnek » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Ohh, well that looks quite nice indeed.
David Gemmell

“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.”
Terry Pratchett
Regnek
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Doctor G33K » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:15 pm

http://wollay.blogspot.com/2012/01/scre ... qus_thread

Oh hey, check that out. When you upgrade your weapons and items you get to add blocks to them.

...KEYBLADE!!!!!!!

Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

Postby th3squirr3l » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:38 pm

Item customization DOES make everything better :D

And, yes, keyblades for the win!
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby TenaciousTinkerer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Well thats a nice touch if you can customize your weapon so that it represent's your style.
Big sword you say!? Im in :D
TenaciousTinkerer
Knight LV 68/1
Knight  LV 68/1

Location: Somewhere blasting, N smashing stuff with a laser greatsword

Postby Regnek » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:35 am

I really like the sound of this new system for customization of your weapons and armor. I will enjoying seeing where this game goes.
David Gemmell

Terry Pratchett
Regnek
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Doctor G33K » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise