[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Cube World
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Cube World

Everything related to games~

Cube World

Postby Doctor G33K » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:59 pm

http://wollay.blogspot.com/

An RPG that is in a world somewhat shaped like the minecraft world. Look around the blog a bit. It's not a Minecraft clone in any way, shape, or form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jujKOju_MBM

^^That's a good video of a lot of the currently existent gameplay. I think this proves that simple graphics and design can be beautiful and fun. It's going to be an RPG game, with leveling and all. It should be interesting.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly
big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but
that's just peanuts to space, listen..."
~R.I.P. Douglas Adams (I promise I'll stop confusing you with Stephen Douglas)
Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

Re: Cube World

Postby Regnek » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Does look so bad, seems to have a good bit of difference to minecraft alright, combat looks good, and the graphics look kinda cool, but I think for the moment I might stick to Terraria, I'm getting it with a few friends so it will be enjoyable, but maybe at sometime in the future I'll give this a go. I wonder does it have the building element that people seem to find so enjoyable in minecraft and Terraria.
“May all your dreams but one come true, for what is life without a dream?”
David Gemmell

“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.”
Terry Pratchett
Regnek
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Doctor G33K » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:19 pm

^^That's part of it.

This is the RPG version of Terraria. I know Terraria is some RPG, but this is PURE RPG.

You maybe might be able to build a house, but there's no mining, digging, resource gathering. It's all questing in a randomly generated world.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly
big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but
Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

Postby Regnek » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:22 pm

I think I'd be more likely to play if there was a bit more of the build element, I do so enjoy the building element in some games.
David Gemmell

“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.”
Terry Pratchett
Regnek
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Doctor G33K » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:24 pm

But that would defeat the point of the game. It's going away from the building aspect so that you can focus on the RPG aspect. If you want to play a building game then keep playing Minecraft and Terraria, they already exist for that purpose. But something neither of them do well is pure RPG. Terraria does a semi-decent job of RPG, but it could be better. Leveling and such. This is really a mix of modern cubism, and older RPG.

Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

Postby Regnek » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Ya I get that but it would be pretty cool if you had good rpg play, and the the building is all I mean.
David Gemmell

Terry Pratchett
Regnek
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Mistaque » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Hmm.. looks interesting! I'll be looking forward to it. o:
Mistaque
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:54 pm

It does look interesting and I certainly agree that building aspects are probably better left for Minecraft and Terraria, but I couldn't help but feel disappointed reading that aspect was left out.

I really like the art/graphical style of the game but I think that the combat from the video doesn't look compelling enough from what I've seen. Don't get me wrong, a simple hack and slash is great from time to time but after a while it can get old fast.

And if the game is meant to be more of a standard RPG, I will definitely want to see more to it than kill quests, which I imagine would be hard to implement in a randomly generated world.

That said, I'm sure the game has a lot of growing and potential, so thanks for posting about it Doc! I will be checking in on this game to see how it develops. =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Doctor G33K » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Yeah. The game's still in complete development. I doubt it'll be anything like it is currently when released. =P

Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

Postby th3squirr3l » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:06 pm

Yes... It'll be interesting to see how this game develops. For now, though, I'm not quite sold.

I myself would actually like to see something of a build aspect to it... I mean, why not have it in there? Even if just restricted to towns or something, it would be a nice feature.
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise