[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - A Double Fine Adventure
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

A Double Fine Adventure

Everything related to games~

A Double Fine Adventure

Postby Bear » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard about this already, but in case you missed the millions of tweets and thousands of news stories, to make and film the making of a new game. Check out the video, Tim Schafer is a pretty awesome guy in front of the camera (and all around, I hear).

Pretty freaking awesome. They of course are most notably responsible for Grim Fandango and Psychonauts.

There has been a lot of buzz about them recently because Tim had tweeted that he wanted to make a new Psychonauts game but the publishers wouldn't have it, in which Notch of Minecraft fame he was serious about helping fund it. Then Tim drops the Kickstarter bomb on a new point-and-click adventure game.

I missed out on Grim Fandango, sadly, but I did back this project because I think it's pretty damn cool. The guys filming it, , have proved on the early seasons of the that they could make a good gamer documentary so I'm really excited to see how this goes.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: A Double Fine Adventure

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:35 pm

YES! I heard that Notch wanted to make Psychonauts 2, I got really excited even though I'm still meaning to play the first one. It looks like a great game and I hope it will go ahead.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby ThePaul » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:34 am

I just like looking at the insane amount of money they managed to get in such a short amount of time.

Of course, that's all slowing down, now that the higher downer prizes are all sold out. Still, the Special Thanks page in the credits is going to be insane :o
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Tehwilburforce » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:29 pm

I want this game so bad. I shall back it ASAP!!!! I don't care what the theme is (fantasy, sci-fi) It's Tim F***ing Schaefer and when he says he wants to make a point and click adventure game, you know it's gonna be boss!

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby ThePaul » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Oh snap, the flood gates have opened:
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/16/inxil ... nd-reboot/
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Tehwilburforce » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:11 pm

@Paul: I honestly hopes this brings in new wave of point and click adventures. Even if it's temporary, I'd enjoy seeing some more of these games in our lifetime. I've heard great things about them, but there haven't been new ones for years. I'd just love to be able to understand the appeal behind them.

On a similar note, I need to go and get all of Monkey Island and all of Tim Schaefer's Lucasarts work. That would keep me busy awhile.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby ThePaul » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:27 am

Why you say that @ me? I only pointed out that another company is choosing to fund a game (which is an Rpg, not Point and Click) this way. Don't shoot your new fangled twitter talk at me /fake rage
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:11 pm

I'm just a bit excited by the fact that others are trying to follow in Schaefer's footsteps by trying to make other games with funding from Kickstarter. Sounds like it'll be great. I hope someone else turns up soon and says they want to make one too. lol.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby ThePaul » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:36 pm

But the two greatest are already at it? Who would dare challenge the Kings?!
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Return to Gamer's Paradise