[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Everything related to games~

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Postby TheNesta » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:53 am

Oh, I should also mention, you can customize the character's face/head. Hairstyles, face, colors, etc. Can't do anything with body type sadly.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Bear » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:54 am

Yeah, we should start a Witcher 2 thread once we start playing it. My PC choked HARD CORE on it right now, but I'm also having some bad issues with MS .NET Framework that kills a number of games on Steam for me. I need to reformat my computer, but I am kind of lazy and have been busy with shirt stuff. Maybe I'll get a chance to do so soon because...yeah...Witcher 2 is sitting here begging to be played T-T
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Kerreth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:49 pm

Maybe it's just how I play these, but I kinda ended up playing the demo, then doing maybe about 10 minutes of the free time, then getting bored and doing one of those Fable-esque killing sprees I never save, and then hiding in a house until the "here's your Mass Effect 3 stuff, whatever it's supposed to be" pop up came.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby TheNesta » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:49 am

I've been meaning to add updated impressions to the thread, but have been busy. I will say a few things quickly though.

First, I've finally found a build that I'm really happy with, I was struggling for a while as I was getting my ass handed to me. I experimented a bit, and finally found one that fits my play style, equipment, and is just generally awesome. So, at the moment, I'm really wrecking stuff and it's a lot of fun. And despite those few hiccups where I was doing poorly, I still think the combat is the big selling point here.

Secondly, surprisingly, the story has started to pick up a little bit. Just a bit. I find myself stopping, and listening to some of the main story characters, and even faction NPCs. For instance there's a fairly intriguing storyline involving the Travelers guild. With that said, I'd still say the story is the weakest part in the game, and I might go over why that is exactly in a future update.

Finally, as I mentioned before, there is a lack of cosmetic upgrades. Sadly this remains true for the most part, as in the 15 hours of play since I've last posted here, I've only managed to replace the way my armor looked once. However, shortly after my previous post, I did find that if you stick to doing main story quests, you will get a lot of good loot. Particularly weapons, which do seem to change more often than the armor. Just thought I'd note that.

Overall, I'm still enjoying the game, but it certainly has flaws. And I'd like to come back and talk about it further once I've finished the game.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Previous

Return to Gamer's Paradise