[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Favorite Games
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Favorite Games

Everything related to games~

Re: Favorite Games

Postby ThePaul » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty good about making sure not to play console/PC games during thunder storms and keeping an eye on battery life. First one is mainly do to my parents teaching me to not get struck by lightning, but I learned battery life from 24 years of hard experience (yes, I even played video game when I was only a few months old, you got problem?). Also, I am pretty good about finding places to hide back us in case of other issues, thanks to Soul Calibur III. That was definitely a weird corruption issue.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Bear » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:01 pm

I'm quite certain that I've lived through such events, but I really can't remember them at all. I think they must have been so traumatizing that my mind did some mental gymnastics to conveniently block them out. If I crawl up in a ball and start crying in front of you out of the blue, you will know why.

No wait...scratch that. On second thought, there are too many other reasons I might do that.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Soeroah » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:56 am

If I'd only saved on the second save slot earlier last night like I randomly thought about doing, everything would have been fine x.x

It truly sucks. The game doesn't seem popular enough, so I can't see a Let's Play or read a text dump of the last few quests and experience their stories, optional though they are. I finished the core story, at least, so there's SOME closure there.

So many times in the preceeding hour did I try to convince myself to plug it in and go to sleep. Funny how trying to squeeze a few more seconds tonight so I didn't have to re-do a labyrinth section tomorrow wipes out two months of casual gameplay, huh?
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:38 am

Favorite games. Such a difficult list to compile.

1. Xenogears- As a I stated in my introduction thread, this is my favorite game of all time. I love everything about this game.
2. Ar Tonelico- I love this series, with a notable mention for AT2. The music especially stands out for me.
3. Mass Effect- Another series that's hard not to love. Mass Effect 3 was the perfect capper to an epic run.
4. Final Fantasy- It's hard to love RPGs without at least having played one of these. I've played most of them, and I've played 7 way more often than anyone should. Final Fantasy 7 was my first game a serious gamer, and will always have a certain specail nostalgia for me. Of the series, 4 is my favorite. I don't know exactly what it is about 4, but I just love this game.
5. Uncharted- Fun and funny. I give special praise to Uncharted 2. Lived up to the hype better than any game I've played, except maybe Mass Effect 3.
6. Assassin's Creed- When I played the first one I got up to the battle with Robert de Sable and couldn't beat him. By the time brotherhood came out I caved and had a friend tell me the ending. Then I went back and beat it for myself, and got caught up. Revelations had some great sequences to it, and the series as a whole is just a lot of fun.
7. F.E.A.R.- Not a horror fan in general, and I'm a fairly limited FPS fan, but I love this series. I've eaten up every iteration. Of them, I'd have to say that 2 is my favorite. Certainly one of the more interesting endings to a game. They also do a good job at making you empathize with your enemy. When will scientists learn that doing horrific experiments on psychicly powerful little girls is NEVER a good idea?
8. Final Fantasy Tactics- I know I mentioned the series as a whole earlier, but tactics stands on its own for me. I rarely have the patience for strategy RPGs, and back when it first came out, I didn't have the skill to play it. I originally beat it with a gameshark, but when the PSP release came out, I finally legit beat this game. I guess I'll be a minority here for liking the PSP version, but I thought the retranslation fit the game's setting, and I enjoyed the new characters and classes. That said, what they did to some people's names in this remake boggles my mind. Either way, a great game with a great story.
9. Colony Wars- Shooter sim goodness that I can pop in and play whenever I feel the need to fight the power. I was terrible at this game when I first got it, but kept at it. The first and third are my favorites. Never got into vengance much. Maybe I just wasn't good at it, but I always got the feeling they were trying some things that just didn't work out too wel. Red Sun vindicated them, though. And the final battle against the Red Sun is still one of my favorite fights in a game.
10. Ys- I bought Ys 7 on the PSP not knowing what I'd be getting myself into. Before finishing it, I had bought the PSP version of every Ys game released stateside. 1,2, and Oath in Felghana were both challenging and great fun. I rarely have the patience to retry bosses over and over, but Ys makes it engaging. I still haven't finished Ark of the Nepishtim or 7, but I'm getting there. Just pure fun, with great music that really gets you pumped to fight whatever they throw at you. I would recommend that anyone who hasn't played an Ys game give it a shot.

I have many more favorites and loves, but this list is long enough already. Still, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Metal Saga, Guilty Gear, Suikoden, Mana Khemia, and the Gundam vs games.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Zyran Lionheart » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Stinks at all the mishaps popping up...

...but now I need to say my Epic Fail that was an Epic Win...

In Skyward Sword, (stayed up till 2 every morning so I could beat it within the week of winter break) I was fighting one of the 3-headed worms... (pain-in-the-fairy creature)
...and I slammed the WiiMote and the Nunchuck together, smashing together my thumbs and fingers, BUT I KILLED THE THING!!!!

Lesson of the post: No pain, No gain... Right? (It hurt for at least an hour)

(I was 14 when this happened, now I'm 15, and I know how to properly use WiiMotes...)

P.S.; On the topic of Save Files;

When my dad first gave me the PS2, he didn't give me a save file... so I challenged myself to try beating FF7, Sonic Heroes, and Nicktoons Unite! Without dying or quitting...

...and in FF7 I was doing fairly well... until I had to use the Bathroom... and died... (It's not the "Turn-based" that I thought it was... which is why I play FF7 on a Playstation 1 now)
Pots OP
Zyran Lionheart
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Postby The Lich Tree » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:52 pm

noooooooo i was typing a list of games i love for hours then it said i wasn't signed in.. i hate life :c its over. oh well im not doing that again. sigh.
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby ThePaul » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:51 am

But then how are we to silently judge you for liking THAT game?
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby RollCasket » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:03 am

Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby The Lich Tree » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:32 pm

i had a lost of like a list of 36 games/game series and explanations on some of them why i loved em so much
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Previous

Return to Gamer's Paradise