[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Favorite Games
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Favorite Games

Everything related to games~

Favorite Games

Postby Zyran Lionheart » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:43 pm

(I'm not sure if this question has been asked yet or not... so I'm asking it now /meh2 )

What are your favorite games over the years? These can be previous favorites or favorite "Releases-to-come".

Mine are: (Not exactly in this order)

1. Tales of Symphonia 1 (Or any "Tales of" game, for that manner /lv )
2. The Legend of Zelda series
3. Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (My most favorite childhood game)
4. Diablo 2 (Can't wait for 3...)
5. Super Smash Bros. Melee & Brawl
6. Metroid Prime Trilogy (Other M was fairly fun too)
7. Soul Calibur 2 (Not for the sole reason of Link... /sigh )
8. Terraria
9. World of Warcraft (Since release through Cataclysm)
10. Final Fantasy (I'd be insane to not include it...)
Pots OP
Zyran Lionheart
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Re: Favorite Games

Postby Soeroah » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Easier for me to list my favourite series than games :p

Warcraft
Mega Man Battle Network/Star Force
Professor Layton
Legend of Zelda
Prince of Persia: SoT Trilogy
Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts
Monkey Island
Sam and Max

Individual games;

Ghost Trick
Chrono Trigger
The World Ends With You
Radiant Historia
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby TheNesta » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:46 pm

I posted this in my intro thread, but figured I post it again here. unikgamer is a pretty good site for cataloging your favorite games. Anyways...

Just to copy my top 25 there.

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy Tactics
3. Valkyrie Profile
4. Xenogears
5. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
6. Final Fantasy VI
7. Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht
8. Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra
9. Suikoden III
10. Mass Effect 2
11. Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3
12. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
13. Final Fantasy IV
14. Dragon Quest IV
15. Castlevania: Symphony of The Night
16. Super Metroid
17. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
18. World of Warcraft
19. Ragnarok Online
20. Phantasy Star Online
21. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
22. Nier
23. Return to Castle Wolfenstein
24. Metal Gear Solid
25. Pokemon Black/White
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby th3squirr3l » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:52 pm

There are so many, I know I'm going to forget some...

-Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask
The entire series is amazing, but this game stands out as clearly the best in my opinion. Other favorites of the series include Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

-Fire Emblem
ALL OF THEM. Another great series. Can't wait for the 3DS one! (Cross your fingers for US localization :3)

-Yoshi's Island
One of the best platformers ever.

-Luigi's Mansion
A very underappreciated game, I feel. Can't wait for the second one.

-Smash Bros.
This goes without saying. Noticing a Nintendo trend, here? xD

-Metroid
Lots of great games in this series. I tend to prefer the 2D ones, and Fusion is my favorite.

-Age of Mythology
Age of Empires games are great, but AoM was by far the best. I've always been interested in mythology, particularly that of Norse lore, so this was quite a treat. (Fun fact: my last name is derived from the god Odin. Etymology is FUN.)

-Pokemon
Gen 1 and 2 are the only ones in my opinion. I almost hate to say it, but I think Silver is better than the originals. If so, only because you get to go back to Kanto :D (Fire starters FTW!)

-Castlevania
Especially the GBA ones. Harmony of Dissonance <3

-Minecraft
When I first started playing this game, before it hit alpha, I was addicted for a while. Haven't played it in some time, though...

-Terraria
At first I saw this game as some sort of hybrid between Minecraft and Metroidvania. And it lived up to and went beyond expectations. It was actually the game that first brought me here /no1

Ummm... I KNOW I missed a lot. I know it. I just love too many games xD
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:11 pm

@Nesta: How long does it take to fill out that Unikgamer stuff? I might just try that in case I'm asked about my favorite games again someday. That way I could just find and point to the list. XD

I'll also post series and games separately. Not gonna include it (for now), but I have played 999 Soeroah, and it is quite interesting. Gets a little frustrating sometimes, though.

Alright. Anyway. Here it is.

Series:
Ace Combat
Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts
Sly Cooper
Jak and Daxter
Super Smash Bros.
Pokemon
Xenosaga
No More Heroes
Capcom vs.

Games:
Okami
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
Jet Grind Radio
Tales of Symphonia
Cave Story
Team Fortress 2
Rayman Origins
Paper Mario
Luigi's Mansion
Psychonauts

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby th3squirr3l » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:30 pm

AH.

Cave Story! Thanks, that's one of the ones I forgot... xD

Freakin' loved that game :D
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby TheNesta » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:41 pm

@Tehwilburforce It took me about 6 hours total to complete all my list. I did it off and on over a weekend. Yeah, it can take a bit if you're really obsessive about it, and have to sort through everything. But not everyone has to do that, and you don't have to complete all of the lists either. My recommendation? Just make an account, and crank out a list whenever you feel like it.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby ThePaul » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Oh snap, I kinda' feel like a traitor by posting my favorite games and not including any First Party Nintendo games, but I'm sure you guys will forgive me. /swt2

Vampires: The Masquerade: Bloodlines - This is probably my favorite game ever. I'd try to play it a couple times over the years, but got distracted by life type things and never got a chance to finish it. Fortunately, the game was on Steam, so I played was able to play the whole thing, and I loved it all (even the stuff I'd done before). I of course went with a Malkavian, which is a group of Vampires that have a sort of second sight at the cost of their Sanity. They can also share their madness with other people which leads to some of the funniest moments in the game.

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes - A Dynasty Warrior type game that takes place during the Warring States Period of Japan (in this one, the lead up to the Battle of Sekigahara). Unlike Dynasty Warriors, it does this in an Over The Top anime style with ridiculous weapons and anime tropes. They even turned Honda Tadakatsu into a freakin' Gundam.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 - While I do love all the Shin Megami games that were released on the PS2, this one is definitely my favorite. The darker story and themes in this game make me <3 it more than the improved mechanics of 4. Also, love Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon, for it's fun gameplay and long tittle :D

God Hand - Probably the first ridiculous anime inspired Beat 'em Up I ever played, and will always hold a special place in my Heart. I've played through this game more times than I really remember, and every time was just as fun as the last. I still occasionally have dreams where I turn baddies into shooting stars with a baseball bat because of this game.

Monster Rancher 2 - Probably the best Monster Breeding Sim ever made. Training your monster friends till the day they get too old and had to be combined to make even better monsters was good times for me in my younger days. And the game had lots of secrets in that their were monsters to unlock that took quite a bit of work and the actual monster combining process was a mystery for quite a long time (as far as the new monster's stats went). Also, I loved the subtypes, where the monsters could have different skins based on what they were combined with. I just love this game :D
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby TheNesta » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:50 pm

I see a few mentions of Tales of Symphonia. Very cool. Love that game, have a pretty close relationship with it considering I wrote a nearly 10,000 word FAQ about it (No, I'm not joking). Much love for that series, can't decide if I like Symphonia or Vesperia more though.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Derp... I forgot about Pokemon Silver. lol. That game was the bomb.com when I was in Kindergarten. Sorry, Squirrel, but I prefer grass types. Chikorita FTW!!!

Also, I just went and started a Unikgamer account, Nesta. I made a top 25. Go check it out when you have time. I quite liked yours. Lots of RPG goodness. btw Are there many people my age on there, or is it mostly older gamers like you? Just curious.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise