[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Favorite Games
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Favorite Games

Everything related to games~

Re: Favorite Games

Postby TheNesta » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:02 pm

@wilbur Good list! Nice to see you on there. In regards to the age range, I'm not entirely sure. However from the looks of it, there's several generations of gamers gathered on the site. I think the way you can tell is by looking at the site's overall top games. There's games on there from decades ago, and there's also games that just came out recently. Sure, it's possible for people's favorite game to be something new they just played, but I think a lot of people cherish games they grew up with a little more closely than most.

For me, it's a bunch of older JRPGs. I actually learned to read by playing Dragon Warrior 1 (Dragon Quest 1) when I was four years old. So my list consist of quite a few of those games from my youth, with Chrono Trigger at the top. Because that game just impacted me so hard when I was a kid. Not to say that it doesn't still hold up /gg

Long story short, I'm sure there's a mix of gamers there, as there are everywhere else. And it's interesting to see people's frame of reference for that stuff. That's kind of why I like discussions like these.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby RollCasket » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:33 pm

I'd link my unikgamer profile but it needs to be updated and I can't do that through my phone. I'm not entirely sure how I'd rearrange it yet but Xenoblade most definitely is in there, at least top 10 possibly top 5. So yeah, it is possible for newer games to bust into some good classics and dethrone them.

For now though, I'll just state the obvious that Chrono Trigger is still and will always be #1 on all of my lists =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:09 am

I agonized over this list for way too long lol. I decided to only include what I consider to be the best game of a series in the list; the intent was to make it simple, but I think that only made things way more complex.

Anyways, here is my top 25, mostly in order.

1. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
2. FF Tactics (PS)
3. Ragnarok Online (pre-renewal)
4. Suikoden 2
5. Metroid Prime 1
6. Portal 2 (PC)
7. Final Fantasy 6
8. Seiken Densetsu 3
9. Catlevania SOTN
10. Super Mario Galaxy 2
11. Zelda: Link to the Past
12. Quake 3 Arena (PC)
13. SSX 3
14. Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
15. FF Crystal Chronicles
16. Tomb Raider 1
17. Eternal Darkness
18. World of Warcraft
19. Grandia 1
20. Wild Arms 1
21. Mirror's Edge
22. Tetris (GB Brick)
23. Brave Fencer Musashi
24. Katamari Forever
25. Jet Set Radio
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Tehwilburforce » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:40 pm

lol. That list just might change soon based on what I LP. (Might not get to that until after I graduate in May, but I'll work on it). I haven't beaten all of those games on my list, but I did get far in most of them and enjoyed them quite a lot. If you were wondering, Crazy Taxi just went on there because it is the one game I must find whenever I go to an arcade. XD

Also, I need to find Roll on Unikgamer. Is your username the same as on here?

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby RollCasket » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Why must you find me? I still have to go in and fix it which I won't get to till like...Thursday or so lol. It isn't the same username though no.

Also, finally beat Xenoblade today...only took 78 hours 45 minutes lulz. I skipped out on a LOT of side quests and such too since I didn't wanna worry about that till I did a new game+

Such an awesome game =P
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Farore » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:29 pm

I'm apparently far less organized with my favorite games than everyone else. Since my list would get really repetitive I'm going to just group by series and list my favorite of each. After about 4 on the list the order is mostly just what came to the top of my head, I don't keep a list sitting around or anything >.<

-1 Legend of Zelda (I'm sure everyone is shocked)
--Ocarina of Time - I can say that this game is solely responsible for my love of games. While I was in elementary school I would watch my parents play SMB3 and Legend of Zelda on our old NES but never really played myself. I spaz a lot when playing platformers, Roll can vouch, and Legend of Zelda was just far too complex for my 10 year old brain. This all changed when our NES kinda... got zapped to death. My parents bought an N64 and about 98236 games for it because they were all on sale and Game Cube was about to come out. I tried a few different ones and Zelda just clicked for me. The free roaming and access to areas that you might not be ready for just blew my mind, and on top of it the graphics were amazing!

-2 World of Warcraft
--I wasn't exactly sure where to put WoW, but with the sheer amount of play time I've sunk into it I figure #2 is probably best. For the Horde!

-3 The Elder Scrolls
--I started with Morrowind on the Xbox and just loved it. The ability to just go do whatever I wanted, whenever, wherever appeals to my love of adventure. Between Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim I can't really pick a favorite. The ability to build my own character from the ground up, focus on combination of skills (lol sneak and destruction!) and become completely absorbed into the game world forms the perfect gaming experience for me. I also love that each game comes with a physical map of the area. And yes, I bought the horse armor.

-4 Fallout
--Fallout: New Vegas - Fallout takes everything that I love about Elder Scrolls and replaces magic with guns. I have to say New Vegas is my favorite just because I get super excited when it refers to anywhere with a real life corresponding location. Obviously it isn't an exact replica of Vegas, but there are references to real locations (Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, etc) and roads (the 95 is the only one I can think of off the top of my head). I tend to lean more towards magic based worlds, but sometimes I just like to shoot someone and see all their limbs fly off (Bloody Mess yayy!)

-5 God of War
--I actually didn't have a PS2... ever. I have the 60GB PS3 so I kind of do now, but I played I, II, and III all within a short time period so they kind of blend together for me. I love just beating down on stuff, and God of War does just that. The mix in of Greek/Roman Mythology is also very cool.

-6 Castlevania 64
--I know everyone hated it. I love it.

-7 Indigo Prophecy
--I'm not sure really how to describe this game. It's different from just about any other game. The story enticed me and it was fun to see how different decisions affected the outcome. I'll include Heavy Rain under this one, but I didn't get quite as much enjoyment out of it because when it came out I didn't have a hi-res tv and it used hi-res fonts.

-8 Boom Blox
--This game is so much fun. Flinging stuff and little lego-like box animals. I brought it with me to Japan when I visited my parents a few years ago; My mom immediately felt the need to go buy them a copy.

-9 Darksiders
--Similar to God of War's play style. As with a lot of games I enjoy, the story really pulled me it. I can't wait for II.

-10 Portal
--Portal is awesome kay. Both of them

-11 L.A. Noire
--I watch a ton of detective shows on tv, so being able to play though the game as a detective was really fun. I love games that really make me think, and this is one of them.

That is all that is coming to my mind right now. I'm sure there are some that I've left out, mostly older games for N64/Xbox. This ended up being longer than I planned; I tried to space it so that it isn't too "wall of text"-y.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Pie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm really happy to see so Tales of Symphonia pop up a number of times! XD I've been wanting to do a comic on that for a while now.

I don't think I'm going to post my own list because I think it's far too long and would take way too much time and effort to break it down to my top top favorites. @_@ I know I don't HAVE TO, but I think if I make a list of my favorites, it would be great to present to you guys what I think is the cream of the crop for me. -though I suppose it might not be so bad making a list of "games I recommend." =)

Thanks guys for your lists, it's been interesting.~ /thx
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Zyran Lionheart » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:14 pm

I'm glad to see so many people with the same favorites as me, as well as so many Tales games appearing, (I wasn't quite sure how many people had it to be honest /swt2 )

I'm glad that a few people had series lists, because I love almost any game I play... and I also go back and play classics after a while

P.S.: If any of you have played Torchlight, No offense, but my nostalgia for Diablo prevents me from playing that game... ever again... /sigh

I suppose all that needs to be said is:

Happy Gaming! /meh2
Pots OP
Zyran Lionheart
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Postby Zyran Lionheart » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Oops... forgot to mention Realm of the Mad God and Ocarina of Time as my current game favorites
(Other than Tales of Symphonia, which will ALWAYS be #1 in my heart... :lol: )
Pots OP
Zyran Lionheart
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Postby RollCasket » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Not sure if I'm really happy with the lists or not...all I did was insert Xenoblade into the top 25 and did nothing else, lol, so I have yet to really sit down and decide where I want everything and to edit the other older lists.

http://www.unikgamer.com/users/superporing-2830.html

Also, Zyran what's wrong with Torchlight? I've probably played more Diablo 2 (I'm assuming you meant 2 and not 1) than anyone here and I had a lot of fun with Torchlight. I mean it's many of the same people that made it after all =P They had some good ideas and I'm still really looking forward to Torchlight 2, although if they don't hurry up before Diablo 3 comes out they will have missed their window.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise