[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Mass Effect 3
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Mass Effect 3

Everything related to games~

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby Kerreth » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Other point with the DLC:

They already did this with Sebastian in DA2 without incident: If you preordered DA2 before a certain date, you got DA2 "Signature Edition" which contained Sebastian's DLC for free. If not, Sebastian was available on Day 1 for the same price, $10.

And the scenario I think most likely:

They probably thought a character and mission pack would at least be significant enough that people who didn't buy the Collector's Edition would feel jipped if they absolutely couldn't have it: As Nesta said above, it might not be so story significant, like Zaeed or Sebastian. Still... But wait, for this to qualify, wouldn't the pack had to have been made for the Collector's Edition before anything else? Well, guess what, it was. They announced it would contain an The promoting the contents of the CE, which was posted in November points it out too, just vaguely, probably because it wasn't finalized.

I'm pretty convinced it's this, so much so that I made a on my Facebook (that post should be set to public).

Of course, I could be completely wrong, but the above makes total sense, doesn't it?

I'm also getting the DLC, though it's because I have the CE preordered.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Another point I considered after I posted that:

The thing most analogous to "Project Ten Dollar" (the thing that gave Shale and Zaeed for free to people who bought the game new) is the multiplayer Online Pass that will be included with ME3: This I'm just presenting as fact; I don't really like the idea of Online Passes either. But Project Ten Dollar came up because they wanted to stretch the Online Pass concept to singleplayer games. ME2, and DAO had no multiplayer mode to hold hostage, so they put Zaeed and Shale as the "Online Pass" for those games.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Soeroah » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:16 pm

The big thing for me though is that while I'm sure you can complete the game without it...it's DLC that adds a twist to the story, and is most likely to be very important.

SPOILERS

I mean, it's a Prothean. The ancient race that died out 50,000 years ago and is responsible for Shepard having a chance to defeat the Reapers. Bringing one back as a squad-mate isn't really something you can just sweep under the rug. It's a member of an ancient race that shaped the story from the beginning. Having one as a squad-mate is game changing, and it shouldn't be something people have to pay for outside the game. Zaeed was fine because he didn't really impact the story. He was just a gruff mercenary. This is almost like reading Lord of the Rings and being asked to buy an extra book to tie Gandalf the White into the story.

Sure, it could very well be it's not story critical, but that would be a complete waste of a character. I'm 95% sure they'll make a big deal out of it. Hell, it'll probably even open up an extra ending.
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Kerreth » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Soeroah » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:34 pm

Eh, we'll have to see. I thought the third game, being the final, was going to allow Bioware to make many, drastically different endings based on tiny decisions you made along the way. Under such a system, having or not having a particular squad mate, especially one who might know the Reaper's weakness, could open up a whole new ending.

I'm really losing interest in ME3 though. I want to finish it for closure, to see the end of the story, but it'll cost me $101.5 US to get the game plus DLC.
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:04 am

MMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS EEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Kerreth » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:56 am

I hadn't realized how different I made my ME2 Shep look from my ME1 Shep, and how different I made my ME3 Shep. This is what happens when you're neurotic with character creators.

are all the same Shepard. /meh2
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:23 pm

I'll try to keep the spoilers to a minimum.

So far, I've finished up to Tuchanka (AND ALL MY TEARS HAPPENED). Which was approximately 15-20 hours for me? Something like that. Anyway...

Stuff I like so far:

The story: My god, all weekend I just couldn't put this down because I had to know what was happening next. It is so intriguing and I just had to keep going and going and going...

The new characters: Okay, EDI isn't technically new, but she's been given some significant new character development, which makes all her interactions with Joker all the more funnier. Vega's a pretty cool guy too. It's somehow amusing to see him go all "Holy shit, what the hell is that I've never seen!?" and you're thinking in the back of your mind "Oh hey, another one of those." Cortez is pretty cool and that whole personal mission thing was pretty sweet.

The old characters: Garrus and Liara are pretty self explanatory to their awesomeness. Mordin is his classic self... with a new song. Jack... I used to hate Jack, but what the hell!? She grew up and became awesome. I've also had run-ins with Thane, Miranda, and Grunt, so I'm wondering if they'll become significant later.

Bang bang!: The combat from ME2 is mostly unchanged, and I like it.

Things I don't like:

Disc swapping: It's like... at least for this first part of the game, all the main missions are on disc 1 while all the side missions are on disc 2, and when I'm switching between doing them, it gets very annoying very quickly. Add on that that the collector's edition case is a bit strong and I'm afraid of breaking the discs when I'm trying to take them out. Hopefully later in the game it'll stay permanently on disc 2.

Javik: Is a prick.

Where's my squad?: So... so far, unless I've missed something important, there's only 5 people here (and one of them is Javik, so if I didn't buy the CE, that would be 4). The cast of ME2 might have been a bit overkill, but this so far is underkill.

Am I flirting? Please don't tell me I'm flirting.: Because a lot of these Paragon options sound really flirty. That whole thing in DA2 with the intonations in the icons on the conversation wheel was good, they should have used it here.

People's reaction to the ending: I know no specifics about it, I just know that people hate it. Kinda want to finish faster to see what people are talking about.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:32 pm

After all the uproar over the ending of Mass Effect 3, Bioware have announced that they will be releasing DLC that will change the ending of the final mission. I personally didn't mind the ending but for those of you who haven't played I will not spoil it for you. I just hope they make it free DLC and not paid or a unavoidable tile update.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise