[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Beat Hazard
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Beat Hazard

Everything related to games~

Beat Hazard

Postby RollCasket » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:26 am

This game has been around for a bit on a few different platforms, but just thought I'd share that it's free on iPhone/iPad atm and works surprisingly well on it.

If you don't know of it, it's a twinstick shooter like Geometry Wars that uses your music library for not only the songs, but enemy spawns/spawn rate, weapon strength, speed of enemies, basically everything having to do with the gameplay. One of the power ups is volume up even, so it's very centered on music.

It's also on 360, I think PS3, and on Steam which is the better option of the three with a free demo you can try it out with.

Oh, as a general warning, it can get VERY flashy if you're prone to seisures =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Beat Hazard

Postby ThePaul » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Downloaded it this morning when I read this. Thank you, it is much fun.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Bear » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:31 pm

Thanks for reminding me about this Roll! I saw some stuff on it before but it dropped off my radar.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:23 am

You're both welcome, to be honest I had forgotten about it also until appshopper notified me that it was free on iPhone and then I ended up playing it...about half a shift at work so like 4 hours =P

Of course I have sense went in and added a bunch more songs into my phone =P

I have to admit that sometimes for reasons I can't grasp the virtual left movement stick goes wonky on me but other than those few times I'm surprised how well it plays on the phone. If you're playing it through steam with a 360 or PS3 controller that'd obviously work best, I wouldn't recommend it any other way lol.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby ThePaul » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:00 am

I'm only playing with one stick on my phone. I have enough loss of situational awareness with only one thumb blocking the screen. Two would not be cool.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Return to Gamer's Paradise