[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Tales of Graces EEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!~~~~~
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Tales of Graces EEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!~~~~~

Everything related to games~

Re: Tales of Graces EEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!~~~~~

Postby Pie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:43 pm

Thank you guys for posting your impressions and experiences with the Tales series!~ I'm surprised and happy to see so much Tales fandom. =D
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:09 am

Think I'm going to cave and buy it sooner than expected. I've been buying a lot of things since taxes and need to tone it down, but this check was bigger than expected... I don't consider myself a hardcore tales fan, but I certainly enjoyed Symphonia and Vesperia, and the half of Abyss I've played. After watching Alexx and his wife play it a bit, I think I'm on board. Well, I was probably gonna get it anyway. Now I'm just getting it sooner.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Watermelons on heads

Postby Alexx » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:35 pm

*ahem* Sooo....After some important stuff in the game (I won't explain exactly where) we ran into a watermelon on the ground. Nothin' special. Just a watermelon. Sitting on the ground directly in our path. We picked it up. It said "You got the watermelon attachment! You can equip it in the status menu." Naturally, we did as we were told.

Apparently the watermelon attachment is a small watermelon that anyone can wear directly on top of thier heads - all at the same time, if you wish. Watermelons on heads. All the time. All serious moments are now friggin' hilarious. Every cut scene includes the watermelons.

I...I love this game.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:33 pm

I put the watermelon on Pascel. Seemed appropriate. I didn't realize you could put it on everyone at the same time. This opens up new possibitlities.

Obviously I did buy it, and man was a great purchase. Having an awesome time with this so far.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:24 pm

So I was going to start playing Tales since we just picked up a copy today but while I was in my raid on WoW someone decided they were going to start playing Skyward Sword.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:48 am

Played for a bit, and so far very fun!

Tiger Festival!
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:19 am

Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Pie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:05 am

Yay! Thanks for keeping this topic alive everyone! XD I'll live vicariously through you all. =x

So what do you all think of the dubbing/localization job and the characters? =D
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Farore » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:31 am

So far the voices actually reminded me of some of the kids from Rugrats, but everyone is still a child right now so I'm sure that will change. The story and dialog so far seems well done, and quite funny at some points (Read: Tiger Festival). I'm already very attached to the characters, and was very, very sad the first time the party was split up. They all have their own quirks but seem like real people.

They have these text box things though, and they are just so worn out and over used! hah. Actually I really like the gameplay. As someone who has not played any previous Tales games on console (heck I still haven't even finished Abyss on my 3DS, which, random tangent, made the love taps comic even more hilarious) I think the game does a very good job of introducing mechanics. Rather than throwing everything at you it introduces things piece by piece in an easy to digest manner. The cut-scenes were very cute and I love the overall style and appearance of the game.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:43 pm

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise