[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Horsemen Approach - Apocalyptic Darksiders Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

The Horsemen Approach - Apocalyptic Darksiders Thread

Everything related to games~

The Horsemen Approach - Apocalyptic Darksiders Thread

Postby Bear » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:51 pm

We really need to be talking more about this series. Darksiders is an amazing game and the second in the series featuring Death is coming out June 26, 2012. I suggest watching a number of the videos off of Gametrailers, especially this one with Joe Madureira, the creative director, talking about scale. It shows off a lot of the amazing work they are doing with some great gameplay footage and set the overall tone for how grand in scale the second game will be.

For those who haven't played the first one yet, the most common analogy to the game is that it is a dark version of the Legend of Zelda seriers. It has that distinction for a number of great reasons; it has silky smooth gameplay, exploration, secrets and a variety of tools. The world and its inhabitents are a joy to experience and everything about it has a level of polish that is still jaw dropping, and the second game is inline to knock that up several notches.

Now that I think about it...this game should have been on my list of fave games somewhere. Hmm...I think I need to tweak my list. Go check out this game and buy the series. DO EEET. I want to see Vigil complete the series with all 4 horseman and they aren't going to do that if you aren't out there buying it lol (seriously, it deserves to be in everyones collection)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: The Horsemen Approach - Apocalyptic Darksiders Thread

Postby Farore » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:13 pm

As the people from Penny Arcade would say "THROW SOME MONEY AT THESE GUYS!"

This game is one that I absolutely cannot wait for! I love the first one so much. So much so that when I was playing it and my 360 red ringed I IMMEDIATELY went and bought an arcade to replace it. It does definitely have a Legend of Zelda vibe to it. When they announced the second one I freaked out a little bit. The collectors edition is going to have a life sized Death Mask.

If you haven't played the first one I highly suggest you go play it. As you progress through the game it is absolutely beautiful. You get new abilities and equipment in your arsenal to just destroy everything! The story is also very entrancing and if I remember correctly throws a few twists and turns at you along the way.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Darksiders was a great game, one of those games that I was excited for the from moment I read the first article about it. I've heard it compared to Legend of Zelda (like bear said) meets God of War. I'd say that's a pretty good idea of what you have with this game. The story was good fun. Sometimes got a little strenuous when the hub world monsters kept getting stronger and stronger, but nothing rediculous. I'm also a fan of War's voice actor (name is not coming to me right now for some reason. ...and I don't feel like looking it up, it seems.) so that was an added bonus.

I like how everything I've heard so far mentions how this game is bigger, with rather in depth side quests. I also like that Death isn't just a retread of War. He supposed to be much faster and more nimble, and I look forward to wall running. I mean, who doesn't love wall running?

As far as the other horsemen go, I'm not sure what exactly they will do. I remember an interview before the first game came out about how they were going to replace the other two with Fury and Strife. I guess those might be more intersting than Pestilence and Famine, at least from a gameplay perspective. Face my diseases!! You grow weak with hunger!! Yeah... not exactly actionful. Of course, that depends of what version of the Four Horsemen you're going with. I believe the original idea had Death and Pestilence being one horseman, while the Antichrist was the other. From what I know the removal of the Antichrist from the four and the split of Death and Pestilence into two separate horsemen is a newer concept. But now I'm getting off the subject of the game and into my odd fascination with the Four Horsemen in general.
(Wow I've had to flip over to google to check the spelling of a word so many times in this post.)

Anyway. Darksiders - good. Play it I recommend. Looking forward to the next.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Farore » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:24 pm

I have to say that Zelda meets God of War is probably the best description I've ever heard of Darksiders gameplay wise.

I really love myth and lore based games, and while this is slightly different I keep it in the same category. I would love for them to make four games based on each of the horsemen. I'm usually a fan of games that are based off this type stuff. It's fun to see new interpretations and how different companies put their own twists in there. It does seem like Pestilence and Famine wouldn't be the best basis, though Pestilence might be fun. Famine though, yea, that one would be really weird in just about any way you could implement it.

But for now I'm all kinds of hyped up for Death!
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:38 pm

I'm not sure if I ever came across facts from Vigil about this or not, but I had imagined that they were going to have the last two horsemen as Conquest (the White horse / also interpreted as the Antichrist or Pestilence) and Famine. I'm not sure at all how they would handle that, and perhaps Fury and Strife might be more interesting or fitting. Conquest and Strife might be an interesting combination too.

What is really interesting about the interview I posted with Joe Mad is that he had mentioned he would love to do another Darksiders game (aka 3) and it would be interesting to maybe do a crazy RPG. I think that is a really interesting take and I think it would be fun for them to toy around with the Darksiders universe so that it morphed into something like the marriage of Skyrim and Darksiders.

I mean, if they go through 4 complete games, they will end up spending anywhere from 8-10 years completing the story, and I think it would be great for them to change it up and keep it interesting and enticing for themselves so they are charged up to make it the best game possible. I think if they were going to constantly stick to the one genre, their team might get bored with it and less interested in continuing work on it.

Either way, I am so pumped for Darksiders 2. It is a real shame though that its launch window is so close to Guild Wars 2. Ah well....who needs sleep anyways?
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Adol The Red » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:59 pm

I think I remember the Fury and Strife thing from an interview in GameInformer back before the first one came out, and it had something to do with possibilities if they did multiplayer. I like the Conquest idea though.

Skyim + Darksiders. That would be intersting. Of course, it is The Four Horsemen, so maybe a follow up game would somehow feature all four of them. Ahhh, thinking about what games might be. Always fun.

By the way, am I the only one who immediately thought of Assassin's Creed when Death was running around on the wooden beams? And whoa shades of Shadow of the Collosus when fighting that, um... collosal thing. This is not complaining, by the way, just noticing things. Anyway, nothing wrong with things in a game that remind you of great games.

You know, this posting at night thing works so much better for me than trying to read posts and actually think of a response that adds something to the discussion right before I'm supposed to be leaving for work. And right after I'm supposed to have already left for work.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:59 am

Darksiders II delayed, but only till August. Sounds like they just want to work out some technical issues but I haven't read any of the official explanations. No big deal to me. I don't mind delays if they help the game and aren't rediculous. They should have delayed Xenogears more than they already did. Fear 3 delayed a very long time, and I didn't see how the game benefited. The original creators really should have handled that...

Anyway, yeah, Darksiders delay.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:50 am

This game was amazing! I really like the RPG elements that they added, and the weapon variety was really nice. I still have to go back and play through some more to get all the extra stuff, and then start a New Game +.

Anyways, yea, love it.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tony May-San » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:04 am

I got darksiders 2 last night.. oh my word. its brilliant. theres definitely a prince of persia feel to it now with the way you move around. Death is a ninja! like nimble to the extreme!
Im not too far through it at the moment, though there was one thing i found interesting. Death gets Strifes other pistol! I thought that was really cool. Both Death and War watching over their brothers weapons. that should make for an interesting scene when strife needs them back.

from what i heard though there will only be three games? 1 & 2 are set at the same time and if the third starts where they left off on 1 it should be brilliant.
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby Pie » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:57 pm

haha, That IS interesting and cool that they both get Strife's pistols. XD Makes me wonder what Strife does during the meantime without them.

You heard that there might be only three games?! That'd kinda suck. >.< Do you have any sources you can link to with that information?

I'm happy to hear how cool this game is sounding. =D I hope Bear and I get to play this some day. I've been anticipating it for a long time. XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise