[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Weird Games
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Weird Games

Everything related to games~

Weird Games

Postby chrisb » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:22 pm

What is the quirkiest, freakiest, or most random game you've played?

Ecco the Dolphin

Soooo yeah. You're a dolphin saving the world from aliens. Most frustrating game ever.

Seaman

A little tadpole with a face insults you. Freaky.

Deadly Premonition
Just watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp5krDoflLI

D2

My favorite game of all time. Makes little to no sense, but it is very emotional. You also get to shoot a giant robot's uterus!

Bayonetta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NaUVRwAky4
I just have a thing for hot British women with glasses. I also have a thing for campy violence.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Re: Weird Games

Postby chrisb » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:24 pm

Bayonetta vid NSFW btw.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Honor for weirdest game I've played so far has to go to Psychonauts. It's wonderfully weird and the guy who made it, Tim Schaefer, is a total boss. Psychic Summer Camp is something I wouldn't have though of in a million years. lol.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:00 pm

I think my weirdest game vote would have to go to Katamari. Nothing quite like rolling up buildings full of terrified, screaming people, and igniting them into a star. Good fun!
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Alexx » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Man, that's kinda hard to say! Would have been Katamari back when it first came out, but nowadays it's pretty much a household name, ya know? I guess I still have to count it 'cause it was friggin' CRAZY back then.

I may have to echo Ecco as well (huh huh) because that remains a unique and nearly impossible game to this day. There are many games from my childhood that I picked up again when I was older and found them to be much easier....Ecco was not one of them. GOOD LORD. I'll never try to beat that. Forget it.

Whew...well I'm having a hard time with this. I've played so much that I don't know what is "weird" anymore. I mean, Shadow of the Colossus was strange, and the recent Journey (and thier previous effort, Flower) but all this stuff just fails to be weird nowadays. So many people are branching out that I have a hard time being weirded out by games anymore.

If I could add anything it would be from years ago when I was actively downloading ROMs just from the interesting names. I played all KINDS of crazy Japanese games where I didn't what the heck was going on! Problem is that I can't think of any of the names 'n such. I mean I was just downloading anything that struck my fancy, so I found all sorts of craziness.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Bear » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:36 pm

ThePaul mentioned this in his favorite game threads and I have to admit, I AM CURIOUS. Sadly, I completely missed out on this game but seeing the trailer I linked makes me want to check it out. It looks so bizarre and fun and I love games that just don't take themselves seriously at all.

It looks pretty fun and made by Clover Studio (part of Capcom - same team that did Okami). It was the last game they did before Clover broke up and became a new studio, independent of Capcom, named Platinum Games. They two biggest games they've done so far are MadWorld and Bayonetta, both of which I've been a little interested in but never got my hands on.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:14 am

Ecco the Dolphin I actually beat (possibly more than once) as a kid. Since I grew up with Sega that was one of the more earlier games and one we had gotten early on...like our 2nd or 3rd game? So I had to beat it as we didn't have much else to play lol. My dad watched me play it a good bit and found it pretty interesting. You also forgot time travel, it has that too =P Still, I wouldn't say the game overall was that weird, even the alien/time travel stuff is all kinda sidebar, Ecco is just trying to find his family.

Katamari is definitely pretty weird though, but totally awesome. The songs are also pretty out there and the opening to the game is especially cracked out. I also got Farore into the game as well and we got the PS3 version but I dunno if either of us played it all that much...we did for a bit, we should prolly go back to it at some point.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby chrisb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:00 pm

How on Earth did you beat Ecco?! The last boss was probably the most frustrating thing ever!

If you liked flower and Journey Alexx you have to play their very first game "that Cloud game." It isn't as polished, but it still has the beautiful and charming atmosphere we've all come to love. I really wish I had a PS3 so I could play them more often.

Another weird game I forgot to mention is Child of Eden. Amazing house trance soundtrack /lv and the ocean battle is beautiful.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Farore » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:54 pm

I still can't seem to think of anything I've played that was weirder than Katamari. After Roll showed me how much crack Damacy was on I had to get Katamari Forever. Luckily right around the time it came out our work was holding a contest of sorts for reviews of DJ Hero. I never really considered myself very good at reviewing games, nor do I think I am a very good writer. Apparently the manager did though, because he had me enter for our store. By some amazing stroke of luck I actually won and got both Katamari Forever and Borderlands for free!

I'm going to have to go through all my N64 games at some point though, I've got a bajillion of them. There has to be something weird in there somewhere....
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:56 am

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise