[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Create-A-Character!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Create-A-Character!

Everything related to games~

Create-A-Character!

Postby Kerreth » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:22 am

I love character creators! I mean, they may add about a half hour or so to the intro sequence, but it's totally worth it.

I just started playing Skyrim, and

Throughout the Mass Effect series, I ended up tweaking my character in between each game. De-aging machine go!

I made another one in ME3 for an alternate playthrough

And, just because it sort of counts, since looking through Wowhead for transmog set matches takes hours, my WoW huntard

I have a few more, but I'm too lazy to load them up and take pictures with my phone. Now, contribute! Do it!
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Re: Create-A-Character!

Postby TheNesta » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:13 am

Nice thread. I have a bunch of old screenshots on my computer from previous games, which I might take some time digging some of the more interesting ones up. However, I was looking for a way to pimp this particular set of posts I made on my blog a few months ago, showing off all my Ragnarok Online characters. So...

TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Re: Create-A-Character!

Postby Bear » Tue May 01, 2012 8:14 pm

I LOVE creating characters in games. Absolutely love it. Not just setting the visual look, but also thinking about their character builds and thinking of back stories for them. How they interact with others, what their personalities are like and such. I won't share too much of that because it would take too long, but here is a batch of characters I have the strongest attachment to and small descriptions.

Also, I hope more people partake in this thread! Creating characters is fun and awesome!!

Oujirou's Wizard
One of my first character in RO alongside Cecilia, he was the guild leader of my first guild, Masters of the Layer, in honor of the anime Angelic Layer. This was the guild I made where I met Pie, when a friendly guild merged with ours. He was made as a double dagger assassin because I loved Hawkeye from Seiken Densetsu 3, the game that inspired me to play RO since RO felt like an online version of SD3, which I loved to death - even if I couldn't read it.

Cecilia
The other of my two main characters in RO from an early age, I remade her several times. She was always a mage, but when 2-2 classes came out, I made her change from a wizard to a sage because I loved the idea of a melee caster SO MUCH. My first build was a failed agi, str battle melee build. I came back to her much later to make a agi/int hindsight melee bolter build, which was sinfully fun.

Sister Sierra
I've loved the name Sierra ever since seeing it in Suikoden 2 and was quick to adopt it. I always thought that if I ever had a daughter, I would be torn between naming her Sierra and Cecilia. Anyways, leveling in RO was ridiculously hard and I use to play at midnight to 3am from working swing shift, so I made Sierra to heal slave Oujirou as finding parties at that time was impossible. At some point, I began being unsatisfied with leaving her sitting in a spot for buffs, so I learned to play her at the same time I played Oujirou so I could level as quickly as possibly by having a constant heal and buff slave (meaning she got no exp). I ended up absolutely loving the priest class though and in many ways, she was my main. The priest was strong, versatile, fast-paced and challenging.

Symphonic Sonata
Once I mastered playing Sierra and Oujirou simultaneously, I was reckless enough to try a 3rd. The experiment worked rather well, and I was able to pull off playing three at once, making the experience gain rather great for Oujirou, but also as a great support to parties with Sierra. I almost never did anything in RO without him!

Erza Scarlet
My second guild leader, this time for a guild named after a manga I was enthralled with at the time, Fairy Tail. I loved the way female Lord Knights looked in RO and I loved Erza from the manga - I wanted to honor her badassness by making a really cool guild with her at the helm.

Natsu Dragonil
After Fairy Tail was an established guild, I remade it under Natsu as having a stalker guild leader was imperative for being competitive in the game. Here he is doing one of our crowning achievements after a years worth of hard work from our guild, making our first god item, the Mjolnir. This was no small feat and will be something I remember for the rest of my life. The second god item we made, the Brynhild, was something I wanted to do for a very long time. Sadly, I had to come out of retirement to run the dungeon challenge, a group effort of 20 people we did with our ally guild Absolute. I never really got to use it, but as far as ways to end playing a game I was addicted to for the better part of a decade, it was a good way to go.

Sìerra
Since I was getting tired of re-using anime names around this time, in WoW I wanted to make sure to use only my original names. Since my love for priesting is pretty high, remaking Sierra in WoW was my top priority. I love discipline healing and have quite a lot of fun in shadow spec.

Panache
I created Panache because I hated how I couldn't tank as a priest in WoW (in RO, a skilled priest could tank, but armor values meant something in WoW, so no dice). Pretty much solely a Prot pally that I started out HATING, but I loved seeing what was possible with Pie's pally Lilicia, so I kept at it. I ended up loving the pally class a LOT, especially since I hated going into pugs where so many tanks were terrible. I often refused to play unless I knew a good healer like Pie or Luc had my back, because I liked to rampage through dungeons and I knew a skilled priest could keep me up.

Cecìlìa
Cecilia made it over to WoW as an enhancement/resto shaman. By the time I started leveling her though, I was already sick of BC leveling, so I got through cata content and didn't have the drive to grind BC dungeons.

Cellim
Cellim was my PVP prot pally. I left her at 70 because I loved the BC bracket and wasn't too interested in playing in the Wrath bracket. When pally skill changes came in to prepare for Cata (with holy charges), I was able to on her with no twink gear (oh god, so much fun).

Licyndus
At some point, I felt it was necessary to move our WoW guild to horde. Mostly because we were stuck in a small group, we couldn't raid, and I didn't have time to be a good leader. The only exceptional guild we found was G2 from the horde (where I met Kerreth), so we took the plunge. G2 needed some raid healers, so I made Licyndus as my disc/shadow priest. Sadly, by the time I got him and my pally Vallesia up to 85, redoing all of our profession leveling, and helping Luc get his druid leveled, I was really getting burned out on WoW. I really enjoyed the raiding and thought it was one of the few things that posed a suitable challenge, but I just started losing interested in all the upkeep of things. The game changed too often and needed way too much of my attention to stay competitive (or even competent) to be in a raid group. Sadly, I didn't last too long in G2 and once Pie and I left, the people who transferred with sort of dispersed as well >_<

Vallesia
Ah, how could I not make another prot pally? Again, because of the high number of terrible PUG tanks, I made this to make our lives easier to get to 85 (since Luc and Pie were both DPS/Healer spec). This time she was prot/holy; I was interested in learning how to heal with her, but almost never got the chance.

Chroma Altaire
A new legacy begins in Guild Wars 2. Who knows how many characters I will end up making, but I'm pretty certain Chroma will be one of my mains as mesmer.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Return to Gamer's Paradise