[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Phantasy Star Online 2- The Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Phantasy Star Online 2- The Thread

Everything related to games~

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2- Char Creation Demo download

Postby TheNesta » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:23 am

This is perhaps my favorite thread on the board. Just, that character, and the replies. So great.

I have to wonder about the state of PSO2 making it over here. I certainly hope it does, as it's one of my most anticipated games. But with the recent mishaps with Sega of America, I'm kind of worried. On top of that, I really need a new PC before I can even think of getting PSO2, but on the flip side, I was also heavily considering the Vita version. Either way, I hope it makes it over here in some form or another.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby RollCasket » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:17 pm

The beta is open! TheNesta which tells you everything you need to get started and get in, I'm still d/ling and it'll take a while, lol. But once everyone gets in maybe we can all play (at least in 4 people team setups anyway).

I'd give more info but it really has like everything on that one page so yeah o.O
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Farore » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:06 pm

12 hours later and almost 50%! I'm really excited though, watched Roll play a bit and it looks very fun!
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Pie, Luc and I have been playing this a little bit, hanging out mostly on Ship 2, Block 12, but have since moved to block 22. It is pretty neat to check out, even for a little bit. Pie and I are level 5 so far, and maybe we'll get some more time on it this weekend if it is still up and running.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Farore » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:24 am

I finally finished downloading and patching. Sadly I most likely won't play until this weekend because, well, Dawnguard and all.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:41 am

Ok, I'll remember to change to block 22 when on, I guess this would be a good time to share character names too lol. I'm on as Ridley...and sadly ONLY Ridley as you have to pay money for extra slots D=

If/when there is an english version I'm making multiple acts lol...
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Luc of True Wind » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:32 pm

I'm really enjoying this game! It has it's kinks to workout, but it's very fun overall! I'm hoping that there will be an English version /swt
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Luc of True Wind » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:19 pm

PSO2 Pics!

My character Navarro and his sexy glasses! This is the "My Room" place that is available in the premium version. It was free in the beta.

My botanical garden on my balcony! I just kept finding plants, so I put them all here.

The pretty mountains in the background of the free exploration mode of the forest. Some monster is dying where that blue light is coming out.

The desert area. This place was really fun to level in! Lots of monsters!
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Luc of True Wind » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:35 pm

Sorry for all the posts! My impressions of the game overall are great! There is the issue of the language barrier, but thanks to all the English speaking people playing the game, there is a blog where they translate all the important stuff.

Missions are fun and not too hard to complete. On missions there are these things called, "Emergency Codes" that happen randomly sort of like the group events in Guild Wars 2. I do wish the parties could be bigger, but there is talk of there being bigger parties later.

Combat is fun and fairly intuitive. I only played as the spell casting class (the Force), and I had loads of fun doing combos with my regular attacks and spells. If you played the other PSO games you know that attacks are based on combos and timing, and the same is true here. You link skills or spells to weapons and create combos with your attacks and skills or spells. The better your timing the more damage you do. There is a visual cue (a red glow around your character) to let you know when you should do your next attack. Combat is action oriented and you can jump and dodge just like in Guild Wars 2. I feel like the dodging here is more streamlined. The game can be played with a keyboard and mouse or a gamepad like an XBox 360 controller.

You have your attacks on your weapon, and you have your attacks you can hotkey on your number keys. I used the number keys for items and support spells. I had a few cool weapons that I would switch between depending on the situation. I had a staff for close quarters combat, and a weapon called a "Talis" that shoots card-like things that let me cast spells remotely.

The PSO community is always great! When you start quests, you have a "room" where people can join in and help you. People, for the most part" were welcoming, but since it's not always convenient to type, not many people said much. The people I did chat with were friendly and helpful. There is an auction house in the form of players setting up their "My Shops" where you access them from a terminal in game and look for weapons, armor, skill disks (to learn skills and spells) and other items.

It's a great game! It feels like classic PSO with cool new MMO elements, and it is way better than Phantasy Star Universe was. I hope it gets a US release! In the meantime, I will play more on the Japanese servers when the game launches officially on July 4th. Give it a try /ok
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2- The Thread

Postby Bear » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:26 am

I went ahead and renamed this thread since it wasn't so much about a character creation demo anymore and began to encompass the game in general.

I wanted to share , which was one of the content drops that is just about to happen. It is pretty amazing since they have basically been dropping new content pretty frequently after the launch. The boss battle near the end of the video is pretty awesome to watch, and makes me excited to try it out with a group of people.

I've not gotten to much into the game since there isn't any English patch for me to quickly read the menus and what not (especially since we are hard pressed for time right now), but I think for anyone who was interested in the first game, they might find a lot to enjoy. One of the coolest things that we found when Pie jumped on for about 20 minutes the other day was people had a barrel with a spinning rappy head in it. Apparently the barrel is a rappy cannon that (check the girl named Zodiac at the top of the screen)!

How awesome is that?!?!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise