[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Phantasy Star Online 2- The Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Phantasy Star Online 2- The Thread

Everything related to games~

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2- The Thread

Postby Trez » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:43 pm

The character customization looks very in-depth and fun! I have never played the first PSO, so how does the gameplay compare to Ragnarok Online, or WoW? Perhaps I'll pick this game up once it comes out! /heh

I just wish there were more races and classes!

Trez
High Archer LV 11/1
High Archer  LV 11/1

Postby Pie » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi Ryozo! XD Phantasy Star Online is a very different series/game compared to RO and WoW; I'd say that it has a similar structure to Diablo 2, but sci-fi themed and a lot more action oriented. You have one pub town where you buy gear, upgrade, accept quests, etc., and all battle fields are randomly generated instanced corridor-like maps sporting different themes based on the zones. A lot of the fun in the game is hunting for gear and items (which drop plentifully from monsters and chests). Gear you find on the field all have random "enchantments" and/or "elemental attributes" so there's always a chance you might find something better than what you have for certain situations. Oh, and there are bosses too of course. XD

Your level up stats are predetermined, but you get a pet called a "mag" that floats by your side to which you can feed items. Depending on what you feed the mag, it will level up, gain stats on its own, learn skills, and evolve. The mag does not attack on its own, but its stats will add to your character's stats, giving you some freedom in character stat customization. In situations, the mag may buff or help in battle, I think I read you even have access to some of its skills by hotkey-ing them. They even have a bar for a "limit-break" you can activate and even combine with other players' "limit break!"

There's a lot more info on it, but I think that's enough to give you a general sense of things. ^^
Go and for more info! Though there are only three classes for now, it's still cool. =) Three additional classes were announced to be added this autumn.

The game is free to play and there is no region lock for the Japanese version so you can even play it today if you like! XD (in Japanese of course.)
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Luc of True Wind » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Mags do attack on their own now! Depending on which Mag you have, some do magic, some attack, and some make items for you or restore your mana; it's great /ok

I have been playing this game like obsessively hahaha and I really enjoy it, but it would be great if I had some people to enjoy it with /lv

I have unlocked the "Mines" area, so I will probably be seeing that giant mech boss that is in that video soon... I'm scared! /omg
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Trez » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi Fei! The random generated stats does sound a lot like Diablo! Based on just the screen shots and limited information that I know, it looks like I'll have to go ahead and pick this game up! As much as I want to play now I'll probably wait until the English release (sorry Carlos, but I'll be happy to play the English release with you /heh). I'm kind of surprised that the open beta character will carry on to the actual retail version! I wonder if the same will be true for the US version of the game. I really do like the character designs and styles!

Trez
High Archer LV 11/1
High Archer  LV 11/1

Postby Luc of True Wind » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Yeah I was surprised when they said that all Open Beta characters would be kept, but I guess it was because the game released immediately after the beta ended.
It's ok if you don't wanna play now /heh I understand that it can get annoying not knowing what everything says and not knowing what is going on. I have sort of become desensitized by it, and I use the translation blog they have for the game (http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phan ... -online-2/). This is the only way I am able to figure out how to unlock all the fields haha.
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Previous

Return to Gamer's Paradise