[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal

Everything related to games~

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal

Postby Farore » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:22 am

So, who wants to play Smash Brothers Brawl on their PS3 with less cool, creepy looking characters?

Not me sir, not me.

The fact that this is real and is not made up has left me speechless. That I can count the memorable Sony characters on one hand is scary enough.

And what the heck is up with the cover art? I don't ever remember Kratos being blue, or looking like a zombie for that matter. Jak looks like some creepy female thing. Killzone guy is off to the side, does he even have a name? Who is that to the left of Jak? What is all this I don't even.

And to top it all of they threw a controller there on the bottom. I'm assuming this is so that you know they're all Sony characters? I'm not sure why though, if it were in fact Smash Brothers you'd know just by seeing the characters. The non-deformed, easily recognizable characters.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal

Postby RollCasket » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:29 am

There's also this post...which mentions Fat Princess (seriously?) and Parappa the Rapper...yeah you remember him right? Apparently "Punch! Kick! It's all in the mind!" is enough to get you in a fighting game!

http://i.joystiq.com/2012/04/27/playsta ... e-playsta/
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby TheNesta » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:36 am

Killzone 2's Colonel Radec is a playable character!??!? Oh man, I fucking LOVE that guy.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Farore » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:37 am

So he does have a name.... interesting....
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby TheNesta » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:39 am

Though, to be fair Steph. I don't think that's the real cover art, and only 6 characters have been announced. Also I have no idea who Colonel Radec is, because Killzone 2's characters are about as interesting as a soggy cardboard box.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Farore » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:47 am

Only 6 characters have been announced cause that's all they could come up with on short notice!

Ah, I'm a terrible person and I really don't hate Sony. I just... when they pull stuff like this and try to play if off as original it makes me want to hang my head in shame.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:58 am

Yeah, ever since the pictures of Needles Kane (I thought his name was Sweet Tooth; sorry not very memorable) started showing up with hints that this was in development, I have been just like...what the hell? I mean, I just don't get the appeal. Like at ALL.

Fat Princess, for the record, is a pretty fun game though. I played the demo quite a bit and thought it was rather fun. But why the princess?! Why not, you know, the playable characters? Like maybe outfit switch to play the different classes or something? You know, the ones with moves. That they players actually PLAY? Whatever...

Also, Pie and I suspected they would at least show some Wild Arms love since it was a series Sony at least published. No? Maybe JRPG characters just aren't cool enough... but Parappa is in because...you know...what Roll said. Maybe we can expect Master Onion too!!! OH EM GEE.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Kerreth » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:21 am

Given that Ice Climbers and Pit, who were only featured in a single NES game when they were introduced in Melee and Brawl, respectively, Parappa is something I can get behind. Plus, Parappa was fucking awesome and memorable, that's usually all that's needed to get into a compilation fighting game (unless you're Mega Man :3).

Also, I feel I should declare that I'd never heard of Earthbound, Fire Emblem, or Ice Climbers before Smash Brothers. Take that as you will.

Cole McGrath from Infamous has to be in this game, there is no question.

It sounds like fun to me, but the only thing I can't get past is that title. Seriously, what the fuck? Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale? It's certainly less awkward than The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena, but at least Atlus recognized that and shortened it for the US release.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby TheNesta » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:41 am

Oh Man! What if they put Legend of Dragoon characters in the game? DAY ONE (NO I AM NOT JOKING)
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby RollCasket » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:43 am

Even when I was younger and info not as readily avail I had heard of Earthbound but never played it, heard and played some of the Fire Emblems, and had seen the Ice Climbers game but never played it. Still, they're not the most known characters, but I mean come on, if it's one thing Nintendo is known for it's their characters so you can't seriously be arguing that one.

In any case, obviously I know Parappa as I quoted a line from the game even, but does that mean I want him in a fighting game? Not as a playable character at least, no. Kratos, Nathan Drake, Sly, Ratchet, Cole, hell even throw in Crash Bandicoot...all those are fine characters. I'm arguing the inclusion of Parappa and Fat Princess specifically because just...why????

Aside from that, I'm just appalled at how it's not LIKE Smash Bros, it IS Smash Bros with Sony stuff. I mean Sony has copied a lot over the years but never has it been such a blatant rip off.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise