[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal

Everything related to games~

Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal

Postby TheNesta » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:37 pm

I would totally buy an all Mega Man Brawl game. That sounds like the coolest thing ever. Too bad Capcom doesn't really want to do anything with Mega Man right now. I know back in the day Roll and I were keeping our fingers crossed for Mega Man showing up in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a guest character, but, alas, it was not to be.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby RollCasket » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Omfg, Giant Enemy Crab would be like the mini game in Street Fighter where you beat up the car, cept the whole time it's yelling "hit its weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE!"

That would be an insta-buy right there. As would an all Megaman brawler, but sadly Capcom hates Megaman.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Farore » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:29 pm

-This

-The Move: Sony originally took the stance that motion controls were a kid's toy and not suited for "real gamers" only to release the Move after Nintendo's success with the Wii. They also said they'd had the Move in development since 2005 or something, which boggles my mind a bit. If you think it's a kid's toy and not suited for gaming, why would you spend that much time developing it? To a lesser extent the SIXAXIS also did this, though it sucked.

-Sony's original hatred and disdain for PC's and hard drives, only to turn around and put them into their system. And then come out with versions with bigger and bigger hard drives. 360 of course came out with bigger hard drives, but at least they were interchangeable, a new hard drive != new system. The new black 360 does, and I think Microsoft is dumb for that one.

-Play Station Plus: Sony already had, and thankfully still has free online services. But hey, Microsoft can get people to pay for Online services, so lets do that. Let's try to get people to pay for something they get for free, but throw in random shit no one really cares about. Sure, they give you discounts on random stuff, but if you buy something fully price and it gets discounted the next day you're SOL. Stop paying for Plus and anything free you go goes away.

-TROPHIES: Now, lots of people have ripped this off, but Sony has probably done the worst job of it. I'm not excited when I get a trophy. If it didn't make that sound I probably wouldn't ever know I got them. It's hard for me NOT to get excited about achievements, but somehow Sony made that possible. I've heard rumors of a Trophy Room for Home (I won't even go into that thing >.>) which would be really cool. I would love that. But they've abandoned that idea I guess.

Overall lots of companies rip off other companies and it's bound to happen, but usually they improve on the idea when they rip it off. Sony just kind of takes stuff, slaps on some make-up and throws it back at you. Again, I really don't hate Sony, just some of the stuff they do.

If Sony wants to make and fans have demanded they make a mash up fighter by all means they should. I just ask that they make it their own, because right now it looks like Smash Bros with Sony characters.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:27 pm

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Soeroah » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:52 pm

When I saw footage yesterday, I knew it was a SSB clone. Anyone who tries to defend it by saying "Nintendo didn't invent the crossover genre" is kidding themselves.

Yeah, Nintendo didn't invent it. But it's so unlikely to believe that Sony arrived at an almost identical game with no knowledge of the SSB series that you might as well call it impossible. The game has Final Smashes, though you get them a different way.

I mean, Fat Princess has an aerial attack move that is literally a carbon copy of Princess Peach's in SSBM and SSBB. The butt-smash. She even seems to have the same 'hover' animation when she jumps.
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Kerreth » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:11 pm

I'd rather pay for Microsoft's drives that I know are compatible and covered under warranty than fish around for one to stick in a PS3. Personally I'm not going to do anything anywhere near any of my systems that requires a screw driver. I'm very gentle with my systems and don't want to do anything that could kill them. I had my first 360 for like 5 years before it finally read ringed. And that was only after it got stolen and God knows what else done to it before I got it back. While it won't technically void the warranty, Sony won't cover it if the new drive screws up your system. Either way I've never even come close to filling up either of my systems (60GB PS3 and 120GB 360) so I don't really care about the hard drive switching. But yes, you are correct they can be changed. I was merely pointing out that Sony was whole heartedly against Hard Drives in systems, but after Microsoft had success with them Sony suddenly decided they approved. Sony came out with a TON of different hard drive size models in a relatively short time, that much I know because that all happened while I was working at Game Crazy.

You also don't have to buy the cord from Microsoft. You can transfer data on any USB Flash Drive after formating it on your 360.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Maybe it's because I work with computers and laptops a lot, so I'm used to switching hard drives in and out of things, but it's basically like sticking a cartridge into an SNES! It's not like you have to really shop around and look for "COMPATIBLE WITH PS3!" on the box, there's not that much variance among hard drive brands.

As far as screwdrivers go: Five. Only one screw, the bright blue one, is attached to the console. The other 4 are the brackets attached to the drive. The slot is pretty much shelled off from any other component in the system. There is zero chance that you will mess up, say, the GPU while replacing the hard drive, and an equal chance of messing something else up (read: none) as you would replacing a drive in a 360 S.

In that sense (easy interchangeability with common universal parts), Sony did take the idea after being stubborn and then seeing the light, but also improved on it. It gives the consumer a lot more options, rather than being tied down to one manufacturer and their ridiculous prices.

Re: flash drives. You're right. I forgot about that. >.>

Also, re: achievements. I'm hoping you're not comparing to Microsoft. I'm not sure if Microsoft even started the trend, but they're the first people I'd seen doing it, so I'll compare to them. Your main point there was that Sony doesn't make you "excited" when you get a trophy, because it uses such a mundane sound. Given that Microsoft uses the same mundane sound for "Achievement Unlocked" as other SUPER EXCITING notifications, such as "X is online," "X sent you a message," "X finished downloading," "X wants to be your friend," and my personal favorite, "Please reconnect controller," (I like to run my batteries until they are absolutely 100% dry) I'm really wondering who you are comparing to.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Well, the way Microsoft flashes Achievements is at least a little more visible, they theirs aren't much better. I don't really add a ton of people to either my PSN account or Xbox live, so I don't really get any of those type notifications. Microsoft could definitely improve on their presentation as well, but in the realm of suck Microsoft's sucks a little bit less. A little bit. I'm also pretty sure they started achievements though.

Either way I think they've been best implemented in WoW. You get a nice flash across the bottom of your screen, but more importantly sometimes you get stuff. The little quirks of getting a mount, mini-pet, title, or some super strange, non-game-impacting object makes it fun. You don't get it for every achievement obviously, but you do get them.

As far as ridiculous prices: PS3 Launch.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise