[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Whatcha play'n?
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Whatcha play'n?

Everything related to games~

Re: Whatcha play'n?

Postby ThePaul » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:15 pm

Oh wow. I've had that happen to me a lot, too, but when I look to see how much time has went by, I look back to see almost no progress has actually been made. You're a step above the rest, if you actually managed to accomplish something in the Lost Hours.

Also, I finished the main story in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Good game. Didn't let myself get too distracted by the Side Quests, because of Kerreth's warnings that it would drain your soul. I'm not done having fun though, so let's do Nightmare Mode, bwahahhaha!
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby InSanor » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:47 pm

Eh, well I am not above that either. I can quite efectively lose many hours on just.. well nothing. It just seems that when I get my grinding gear on, it goes on hyper turbo and rolls on by its own without even I noticing a thing.
I guess its a good skill.. maybe I should put that on my CV..

Gz on clearing the Dragon Age btw^^ Ang gl on the Nightmare :D
It has been on my "I should by this and play trough, otherwise I am not a man." list for some time now, but well.. all my time and effort goes to FFXIV. More so now that Heavensfall is on at full speed.
Life is like a game. Now to find a good macro I can use..
InSanor
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Postby Kerreth » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:59 am

Quickly went through Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, or more properly, Side Quests: The Video Game. That's pretty much all it is. Finish X amount of Saints Row side quests, trigger a cutscene that does a bit of storytelling (and a musical number!), repeat until the final fight is unlocked. It's fun, Saints Row 4 really surprised me, and Gat out of Hell continued with its nonsense storytelling and humor. Give it a whirl if you liked 4, it took me about 7 hours to do all the missions.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:22 pm

oh i tripped and my credit card fell into my computer

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby InSanor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:34 am

Eh, your credit card could have picked much worse things to get for you by "accident"
Congrats, you are now a proud Heavensward owner :D

I tripped my cred card also, back in sunday. And now I am waiting for a whole new pile of pc components to arrive so I can get to putting them together. Hopefully building a doomsday machin- umm.. a better pc. Yeah.
InSanor
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Postby Kerreth » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:45 am

True.

I've been rapidly trying to get through the added story quests to get into the Heavensward content. You've gotta do all of them, and surprisingly, there's a LOT of cutscenes to watch. I just finished 2.3, and all together I think that section took me like 4-5 hours? I've already heard about the famous 2 hour cutscene that ends ARR and starts Heavensward, so that'll be a thing. The story's not bad though. 2.2 was pretty great.

I feel so behind though. Any time I join a group thing (because the primals are a major part of the story) I feel like I'm the nub being run through. Case in point, I did Ultima Hard Mode today (because it's a requirement for Savage Alexander later for some reason?) and my max HP was like, 3600. The next lowest DPS HP was like 6000, synced down from I don't know what. Same thing with Ramuh, and Ramuh is so confusing. Even reading the mechanics ahead of time, I couldn't see a specific thing involving players getting fear even happening, which left me thinking I'm doing this whole thing wrong... but winning anyway. Never mind that Ramuh's music made me kinda zone out a bit... it's weird.

Which is strange, because the other day when I finished 2.2, and did Leviathan, I felt awesome. Leviathan felt like it would've been an awesome fight when it was current, and it still kinda does.

Well, 2.4 up next! But not tomorrow night, because there's another maintenance, wtf?
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby InSanor » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:13 pm

Yeah cutscenes are long, but atleast they are good. Plus the famous 2 hour cutscence sequance is like 45 mins long in reality :D

People who get synced down, to 50 for example, get to synced on HQ equilevant of their gear, if it was for level 50's (to my understanding). So that may explain something. Plus Dragoons and partly Monks stand high when it comes to HP pool. As a healer, I only now have noticeably higher Hp than my friend who plays dragoon. And I'm at level 57 and he is at level 52. So yeah..

And I know how you feel about those mechanics.. some fights give only little info on when some mechanic starts and when it ends.. I guess you notice them better once you have ran it 10+ times.. Also, some mechanics can be skipped if the boss takes enough damage fast enough.. what or who have these mechanics, is still a bit unclear to me. I just stand there, look pretty and try to keep myself and perhaps few others alive while doing so..

But yeah, look forward on HW Primals and Dungeons. They are awesome and I have liked every single one of them so far.

Oh, and yeah. There is a maintanance every week. usually they don't take longer than few hours. Unless patch is coming, like this time arround.
InSanor
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Postby Hypie » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:00 pm

Ooooh XIV Talk :O

Well this week there are 2 Maintenance because of Alexander Savage (PvE Content) and Red Script Release (Crafter Content). Well....the Feedback in the Official Forum on the Script is.....entirely negative /swt2

Same with Alexander Savage and as a passionate PvE Player i can understand them. A MMO where one Character of yours can play several Classes, depending which Weapon you wield, but the Endgame is so locked that you only can equip ONE Class with the Best Stuff and the Second Best, disregarding the whole fundamental "Class Change" System....sucks.

There are several Threads discussing the issue such like making esoteric Tomes not a character limit but a class limit but i don't think that Squeenix will Change anything which will Result in a Loss of Subs. /sigh

I do understand that they don't want to throw Gear at us but why would i play another Class on the same Character if i can't properly equip him? And the whole Armory System is ignored too...
Hypie
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Postby InSanor » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:54 am

Yeah, been hearing same things as what you said Hypie. I'm however on the edge with this..
I kinda like to see something that "restricts" your classes.. as I have always been a bit against that everyone can be every class..
Call me old fashioned, but I feel like it eats something out.. like I dunno. I really cant put it on words well enough, but I like it when you can clearly see that some player has specialized on something specific and is aiming to be good at that something. Ofcourse it happens in FFXIV too. but it is not so clear.

Then again I love options and freedom. And being able to be every class adds to them. Plus if come class feels boring after some time, I can freely and easily change to something else, which is awesome. So yeah. I have no real idea where I stand in this after all.

But I agree that the weekly limits on the newest tomestones are bit too low, compared on how much the stuff costs. However those caps, like they have before, will probably be incrased and at some point, removed.

What comes to those new crafter things.. well, cant say much.. I only have one crafter at 50 and I got really bored while taking it there.. So I wont probably be leveling crafters any time soon.
InSanor
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Postby Kerreth » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:26 am

For me, the you can be every class thing is great. Good as FF14 tells its story, it pads out its questing with dumb nonsense (hey y'all, we got's to be hunting Titan and where the whatever beasts are hiding that aetheryte, so would you do me a favor and check that all this catering is organized properly and maybe do favors for the caterers or whatever i mean this rando party is TOTALLY not for you or anything) I probably would not want to do that again. Plus, running dungeons is my jam, so I'm okay with doing those a lot. And the thing with them letting you pay a lower subscription fee if you just use 1 character is pretty cool.

With tomestones being limited per character-that-can-be-everything per week, as opposed to WoW limiting Valor Points per character-that-can-be-only-one-thing per week, I can see how that sucks for someone willing to invest the time into gearing up multiple classes, but that is time I just do not have anyway so I'm not actually affected by it. I know patches tend to throw in catch-up gear, which helps.

Just finished 2.4, and wooooooooooow, Shiva's intro cinematic is great. Her phase 2 music though, what is that? It's like an OP for a bad anime you'd keep skipping after the first time. Now on to 2.5, where I gave up waiting on a queue for Keeper of the Lake that said its average wait time was "less than 5m," and immediately grabbed another DPS and a healer... and never found a tank for 40 minutes, so I just turned the game off because it's late.

Also, I'm glad the game gives you i110 gear to hold your own, but holy crap, the caster DPS set is so ugly. So I looked into how glamouring works... aaaaaand you can only create the glamour reagent if you're a level 50 crafter, which I am not, because I hate the crafting. So maybe I'll just go buy the glamour prisms, that can't be too expens... oh. Well, I guess I can be weird party magician until I get into Heavensward. I miss my glowy book with the built in reading light though.

That SMN Esoterics set though...
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise