[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Whatcha play'n?
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Whatcha play'n?

Everything related to games~

Re: Whatcha play'n?

Postby Bear » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:34 am

I'm watching Pie play through Cave Story since she never had a chance to play it. We also have been playing some Dragon Nest because I've been in a mood to play it and it has been a good long while since we've last touched it. Lastly, we've been playing some Alice: The Madness Returns, which is what this weeks comic will be based off of~
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:27 pm

Cave story was a lot of fun, I didn't know she hadn't played it though o.O I imagine she's playing through steam, hopefully it has all the modes as well. Also, yay for Alice Madness returns plus comic! That game gets pretty heavily platform-y, but I still enjoyed it a lot. Still want Farore to dress up as MR styled Alice, lol.

I am super cracking out on Ragnarok Odyssey for PS Vita. Basically, it's like Monster Hunter mixed with Phantasy Star Online, and obviously plenty of RO flavor (as in, costumes and hats!). The one thing that always turned me off to MH was the slow combat, so I'm glad RO has a fast and combo heavy combat system (with aerial combos too even). One oddity though is there is no leveling at all (weird when thinking about RO) but that's part of what keeps the game decently challenging, you can't outlevel stuff. Instead you get some minor stat increases after a chapter is done and you can upgrade equip, and of course a big part of it is in the cards you equip.

Currently playing an Assassin with the original RO thief costume (though it's dyed) and the old school goggles, good times.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:33 pm

actually, I started playing Cave Story years ago, like back in 2003-ish, but never played further than a few hours. '_' I loved it though and always meant to go back. >.<

I've always been curious about the Monster Hunter series because of its popularity and it seemed kinda nice from the PSP demo I tried years ago (also, aside from the fact that I don't think you have to pay a subscription fee. XD). It's kinda cool that Ragnarok Odyssey came about and I'm a bit curious since it was developed by Game Arts. I can't say that the costume designs carry the feeling of RO much, but I can see some resemblance. It sounds pretty cool from what you say, I should look up more on it. XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Well that's why you do like me and wear the original RO costumes and headgear =P The only sad thing is it unlocks costumes slowly after different missions or even after a full chapter. The originals are all faithful, and I'm curious to see if the 2nd job outfits will be in...I want my Assassin outfit =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:15 am

Advice for Assassin's Creed III players. Don't read comments on websites because there are some early spoilers and people have probably given them away. Also, avoid the animus database if you can. Some of the entries update too early and reveal things you shouldn't know yet, with a couple of pretty bad giveaways. Otherwise, very awesome game.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby ThePaul » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Also, nape Kills Dumbledore.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Spike dies.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise