[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Whatcha play'n?
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Whatcha play'n?

Everything related to games~

Re: Whatcha play'n?

Postby TheNesta » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:47 am

Just wanted to drop in and let Adol (and others) know that I've been playing Ys Origin, and it's fantastic. As I've said before, I've always had an interest in the Ys series, but the platforming was a bit rough for me, at least on OiF which was the first one I put an honest effort towards trying. There's still platforming in Origin, but luckily it's very forgiving in my opinion. That said, it's really just one of the best action RPGs I've played in a long while.

Silly to say this, since the Ys series has such a rich history, but I can't help but be reminded of Squaresoft PSone classic Brave Fencer Musashi while playing this game. Aside from the obvious similarity of action RPG/platformer hybrid, both games have kind of a similar feel in the combat, and more importantly the abilities you get.

As a bonus, the story isn't too bad, and the soundtrack is amazing. Yeah I know, all you Falcom fans are rolling your eyes so hard into the back of your head right now thinking "No shit!", but damn, it really is a fantastic soundtrack.

Highly recommend it.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Gah I've still gotta get ahold of Origin. I only recently found out it even had a US release. From what I know I have to get it off Steam, so I guess I've gotta get in with that. Not that I have the money for a game right now but eventually.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby ThePaul » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Been playing mostly The Secret World, with a little Gotham City Imposters when there's down time or I need a break. Also, got my brother addicted to Killing Floor, but haven't had it in me to play a whole bunch with him.

Anyway, curious about what Bear and Pie actually thought about what little they did play of TSW (and any one else that got on there during the free weekend).
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Kerreth » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Oh, nothing...
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:03 am

Yeah I played a lil P4A this morning before I had to work also, gonna jump on again here in a few...for a little bit at least...tired but wanna play more x.x At the very least I'll do more tomorrow before work again =P Gotta finish Akihiko's story up...

In any case, great stuff so far, lovin it. I know The Nesta was playin some today also.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Kerreth » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:31 am

The only thing I don't like about it so far is YO DAWG, WE HEARD YOU LIKE LAG, SO WE PUT SOME LAG IN YOUR LAG SO YOU CAN LAG WHILE YOU LAG.

XB360 lag problems + Hawaii = Only one actually playable online match so far. >.<
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:14 am

Had to order, don't trust local venders to stock it. So I won't be able to play until Friday, at the earliest (ah, the suckiness of not having your own mail box).
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Tehwilburforce » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Might get that later, but I did play a version of the leaked Fighting is Magic alpha. For such an early game build, it handles well. Very fun, but I still need to figure out combos and stuff.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Kerreth » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:02 am

It seems like, in online matches, the characters use the language you choose, and your opponent's character uses the language they chose, which leads me to believe I am the only person using the English voices.

Which I don't understand, because Boston Labrys is awesome.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:04 am

Yeah, I freaking love her voice and accent. I am again torn on who I want to focus on as a main...Akihiko is still awesome but I'm also really liking Labrys even though she's like low tier. She has an awesome voice, and a giant axe =P

Maybe we should move this all over to the Persona thread...lol
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise