[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Whatcha play'n?
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Whatcha play'n?

Everything related to games~

Re: Whatcha play'n?

Postby TheNesta » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:06 am

The netcode is fixed. /no1
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Zyran Lionheart » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:46 pm

*In response to forum question

Anything and everything that I own///

as of right now?

Team Fortress 2 (Its just too painful to watch me play)
League of Legends
Tales of Symphonia 1 & 2 (mostly 1)
Metroid: Other M
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword

Like I said, these are just the main ones, I get bored very easily and switch games a LOT
Pots OP
Zyran Lionheart
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Postby TracerBullet » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:47 am

TracerBullet
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Alexx » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:19 am

X-MEN. Why? Why am I playing X-Men?! My friend brought over his old Sega (I never had one, but borrowed one from time to time back in the day) and he had only a few games: All the Sonics (which I've played so much that knowledge of the games has probably pushed out other important information) and friggin' god damn X-Men. The game I used to pop in to get my ass kicked immediately. So now I find myself popping it in again and trying to kick it's ass right back, but it's not working. And I'm still playing it. Curse you X-MEEEEEEN!!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby TheNesta » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:00 am

I forgot to share a while ago. But wrote a bunch of nice things about Ys Origin.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Adol The Red » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Awesome. I finally bought Origin, but still haven't got around to it yet. I know I'll love it when I do, just haven't been in the right mood. Sounds like more of what I love about Ys in the first place, though it'll be interesting not playing as Adol. From what you wrote it seems like all the Ys Fixin's are there, from boss fights, to exploration, to music. I swear if we don't get the Vita version of Ys 4 I've been hearing about I'm gonna flip.

As for what I'm doing right now, I haven't been in much of a mood to play anything. I restarted my pure mage in Skyrim, but I can only play Skyrim in maybe week or two chunks anymore before its starts to feel tedious. Sort of been feeling like going back to some of my favorites, maybe a playthrough of Colony Wars or Xenosage Ep. 3, but it seems like whenever I'm home I just don't feel like playing anything. Did some work on one of my minecraft projects, but that is also very much a when the mood strikes me sort of thing.

Honestly I really should just start Ys Origin already. Aside from that I downloaded the PSP Final Fantasy Tactics on the Vita a while back and I've been working a game of that.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby RollCasket » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:28 pm

Oh man X-Men on genesis...that game is hard =P I remember as a kid getting stuck on Mojo's stage or whatever and you're supposed to get to the end and hit reset or something I guess? I dunno, it's been a while. I really liked the 2nd one too, though it was also hard, not as much as I remember.

Currently I'm playing...well, a lot. I've been messing with the new Diablo 3 patch which helped make things a lot better all around, and since the game is perfect to just jump in and play for a short bit, it works well as a just before work type of game. Jus started a bit of New Super Mario Bros 2 also, and is pretty fun so far.

Just started The Last Story for the Wii also which I'm about to go play some more of since I have some time tonight. So far though the story seems a bit corny, but that's partially of how it just kinda dumps the player into it. Obviously I just started so I dunno how good the story might get, but one minor complaint is that the mouthing that goes with the voice acting is way off and is a bit jarring =P In any case, the combat is simple but works well enough, and there are a few other nice things here and there.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Kerreth » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:11 pm

I finally did what I'd told myself I'd do for a while and started another Mass Effect playthrough. Well, actually, I started that right after I beat ME3 the first time back when it came out, but I had done so with a "fresh" Shep, created in ME3 with no import from 2. This ended up with... problems. I had planned to do a few things, but when you start a fresh Shep, you start at level 1 with 0 Paragon/Renegade. And I was planning on SPOILER saving both the quarians and the geth this time around END SPOILER, which needs a high rep score, in addition to the right people being alive. I didn't see any way for me to get enough rep by that time in the game. In addition, I'm not sure how they choose who died in the previous games (save for Ashley/Kaidan, because they straight up ask you), but that file started with a lot of my favorites dead. Notably, Jack, Kelly, and those 2 engineers from the lower deck. They're awesome. And last, the NG+ system prevents you from scanning planets again. It pretty much just gives you whatever War Assets you had in any playthrough. Sucky for me, I was going Renegade in this playthrough, but I didn't like the scars. But the scar removal comes from scanning planets. Which I couldn't do. (And I probably still can't in this new playthrough, but, oh well) And I don't remember if you got EXP from scanning, but if you did, oh god I would just hate it. >.<

So after I did Jack's mission (which I hated without Jack), I figured, screw it, I'll play the older games and get a better storyline. But the older games are LONG. So I ultimately decided to skip playing ME1 and download the comic add-on that let's you make the major choices in that game without playing it. Which I did last night.

Also, trying to "reverse import" a character from ME3 to ME2 by typing in the character creator code results in a bit of... . Left in the ME3 character I abandoned, right is what happened when I typed his code into ME2. Wrong hair color, wrong eye color, neck WAY too thick, lips too thin, and the general shape of the face seems... off. Oh, did I mention his REFLECTIVE VISIBLE SCALP?

I eventually tweaked him into (just pretending he's new :P) and am now happily shooting stuff. After spending literally 15 minutes deciding which class I should play. >.>

Oh, and I tried Metroid Other M up until the first save room, and am now reading random things in Samus's monotone.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:32 pm

I had the same thing happen to me. I played through ME2 and ME3 a whole bunch of times so when I started a new ME3 game from scratch and saw that half the characters that I know and love were gone, especially Kenneth, I couldn't bare to continue. The game seemed so much different.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby ThePaul » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Tokyo Jungle (JP version) just came in the mail today. This game is pretty much insane, but that's what I love about it. My Brother and I have been running around the city as Pomeranians, pretty much taking out every domestic cat and rival Yorkie. Also, the occasional wild dog and Hyena pack.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise