[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Whatcha play'n?
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Whatcha play'n?

Everything related to games~

Re: Whatcha play'n?

Postby Librari » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:29 pm

@Pie Nooooooooooooooooooo you must play with me ;< but yeah I know the feel about being busy. Who knows when I will even get back to multiplayer gaming period? I wanna be a kid again, skipping homework (now job) to play video games and making my older brother do all the hard parts.
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby ThePaul » Sun May 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Been playing a lot of Mortal Kombat X. Fun game. As with Mortal Kombat 9, my favorite bit is the stinger at the end of Story Mode getting me hyped for the next game (not to say I don't love everything else, I just really love the Stinger). Ferra/Torr is the only character I really play all that much, as the idea of using a little girl with blades on her hands as a projectile is something that really gets me, ya know? But don't get it on PC. I'm regretting it a lot.

Also put a lot of hours into Resident Evil Revelations 2. Super fun. Bricks are the ultimate weapon. Story is good too, I guess. /no1
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby The Lich Tree » Fri May 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Been playing Bloodborne & Witcher 3.. been enjoying both quite a lot.

Bloodborne is fantastic and in my opinion leagues better than dark souls 2, it may lack as many weapons or armor sets but everything feels unique and there is quite a bit of depth in customization for weapons in the form of blood gems from what i can tell watching pvp videos.. as i haven't even gotten to the end of the game.. the game is difficult and the weapons are all a breath of fresh air.. each main hand weapon can transform and have an entire different set of moves so each weapon is like wielding two in one! with there being less in the game its easier to find the one that best suits you but takes extra time to master them because its like two weapon movesets in one weapon.. from what i have tasted and seen of pvp its a lot more fast paced and intense. Co-op works a bit differently and so does pvp but not in a bad way, just a little different.. the bosses are awesome and some will really kick your ass! then aside from that is chalice dungeons that have their own unique bosses and some not so unique and bosses from the main game.. the real kicker for chalice dungeons is they pay off with high level blood gems that can socketed into your weapons to make them even more devastating and you can get different versions of your main weapon that allow you to use different blood gems on them, that and you can have randomly generated dungeons from root chalices. The only thing else to mention is the awesome lore and the world design.. the only negatives i can think of is the game isn't very long and the chalice dungeons do not scale with each playthrough.

To sum it up bloodborne is fantastic and quite enjoyable ^_^ and made me feel much better after the hole in my heart Dark Souls 2 left me with.

Witcher 3

i haven't gotten very far in the witcher 3.. the open world is amazing and the prologue area took me a little under a whole day to complete everything in it and i probably missed a few hidden things in the wild.. the combat is challenging at times, of course i play on the second to last hardest difficulty and im sure the hardest difficulty forces you to do everything more precise... i think the game looks fantastic and i love doing witcher contracts.. hunting down nasty monsters and filling my bestiary up with lore entries is lovely...the game requires a lot of exploring to find better gear diagrams so you can craft good gear for your level, kind of makes sense shops wouldn't always have everything you need and it certainly encourages exploration.. the game also acts like an mmo in the sense of area levels.. its mix matched everywhere so you really have to keep an eye out.. that bandit camp you're riding up on to take down for some item diagrams might be too high of a challenge for you.. there's a lot of thinking ahead and a lot to do and perhaps two of my favorite things to do is play the card minigame gwent and get into fist fight tournaments. npcs and their quest lines are often more interesting compared to most open world games i've played, its fun to hear them talk and convey their worries or problems through expressions and you can often tell when someone isn't who or what the say they are but even then things can be tricky.. can i really trust this npc? for instance i did this quest and this lady seemed believable but when i helped her she turned out to be a bad guy and killed someone.. i didn't except nor did i take the extra time to find all the clues before talking to her. Whether or not you completed witcher 2, when starting up witcher 3 you can choose to simulate your witcher 2 saves on ps4 or xbox1 and after the prologue area you get your beard cut and a guy asks you some questions and based on what you choose changes the world and adds whole new questlines and dialogues.. i made a decision that led to witch hunts being reformed so now important characters like triss or yennefer have a problem with witch hunters among other witches you'll meet in the game... and this is cool really cool.. that whole quest lines only exist because of your choices.. that your choices make real impact within the world. unlike some other games i know *cough* dragon age *cough*.. seriously though i hate dragon age and bioware for that shit.. yes i killed Liliana in dragon age origins.. yes i do get to choose who lives and dies bioware because you gave us that choice and Liliana stepped up my grey warden and got knocked the fuck down. i hate bioware so much and i greatly dislike dragon age as a whole as its not that entertaining for me. never played mass effect so can't judge them there. but enough rambling witcher does have real choice and i heard that there are 36 different world states the game can end up in or endings.. dunno which.

it's a great game and i enjoy it very much.

thats what i been up to.
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby ThePaul » Sat May 23, 2015 8:00 am

I too have started playing the Bloodborne. Just yesterday, though, so I don't have to much experience. Haven't quite getting to the part where it becomes fun, and am mostly running around, getting spoooked, and then finding another shortcut back to where I was.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Librari » Sat May 23, 2015 10:50 am

I ordered parts for a new PC so I could play The Witcher 3, but then it turned out the CPU cooler that claimed to be compatible with LGA 1150 actually isn't compatible with any CPU that isn't almost half an inch thick. /grr
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby ThePaul » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Ok, just got the Platinum Trophy for Bloodborne. That's a good friggin game. It has a couple flaws, but most of them don't bother me. And some of the things people consider flaws are things I really like about the game.

What does irk me though, is the Blood Vial system early game. Having to go farm blood vials after having several failed attempts at killing the first couple bosses really just adds to the frustration.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:38 am

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Kerreth » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:10 am

Note 1: STILL bad at Towerfall.
Note 2: STILL good at Fibbage, lol.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Librari » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:28 am