[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Your dream games
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Your dream games

Everything related to games~

Your dream games

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:12 pm

Basically the title, what games would you love to see? It can be a long needed sequel, spin-off, known series but with a different genre, or something totally new.

To get it out of the way, yes, I still want a Chrono Trigger 2. I don't care how they do it, alternate timeline or just plain after Crono goes in the portal to search for his mom. The beauty of this is that if the game is awesome, all well and good, if it sucks, I can finally let it go =P

New F-Zero (or to a lesser extent, new Extreme G). I need a new fast futuristic style racer. The last of it's kind was the Wipeout that came out on PSP then PS3, and while not bad, I don't like near as much as the other two. An F-Zero in HD on the WiiU? They wouldn't be able to take my money fast enough.

Finally, a new Megaman game. Now, Legends 3 would be great, but I could go for about anything Megaman at this point, I need my fix. That would certainly fit the bill, but I have no idea what's happening with that game anymore, if anything. A new MMX Command Mission type game would be cool too, or even a new MMX in general. Or you could get real crazy and have a Megaman game with both where you'd have to switch between them for different stages/parts or something.

Of course there's tons of games I'd love sequels/more in the series of, but those three are easily insta buys.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Your dream games

Postby Adol The Red » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:49 pm

I'll start with a remake of Xenogears. I don't care if the look is updated or not, so long as the music is the same and the control style remains intact. What I really want it for is a properly completed second disc. No long narrative sequences with a fight or two in between, just more freaking game like there should have been in the first place.

I'd also like downloadable releases of Ar Tonelico 1 and 2 with save files that won't be corrupted on the PS3, fixes to some localization issues, and a calibration feature for the sliding bar mechanic in AT2.

Then... there's the ultimate Guilty Gear game. This will have all the characters, including the new ones from overture, but with GGXX style play and (where applicable) GGX music. I want both versions of Robo Ky, all shadow and gold versions of the characters intact, and why not throw in those extra moves from Accent Core+. Add in a manual color editor, and since we're already going Robo Ky crazy, might as well throw in the Robo Ky factory for anyone who got any enjoyment out of that (If you even played Isuka [grumble]stupid manual turning around[/grumble]). And since I'm going off the deep end and I'm envisioning this on a PS3 bluray disc, mite as well have all the available story modes from GG all the way up through AC+, but only so long as GGX boss Dizzy is actually freaking tough. ...and am I asking for too much if they actually wrap up the story? Well, these are dream games.

I'll go ahead and put Beyond Good and Evil 2 on the list.

And I'll round mine off with more games from the Metal Max series being released in America, along with more of the Gundam Vs. games. At least the ones with the Gundam X and Seed suits.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Kerreth » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:11 am

1 vs. 100. Back on Xbox Live. Right now.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:48 am

I know Arc got the rights back to Guilty Gear a bit ago and me and Nesta thought that meant a new GG but so far nothing yet x.x a new GG would be cool though but I'd hope also for more new characters since they're so damn good at making them.

Oh man, 1 vs 100, almost forgot about that game. Our old boss (mine and Farore's) used to play that a good bit.
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:18 am

This is an interesting topic. I can't say there is really anything on the list at the moment. I feel a bit jaded because all the games I would have loved to see, I've essentially given up hope that I will see them. Between studios going defunct, going corporate and losing their talent or just getting boring and repetitive, I try not to anticipate anything that isn't being worked on.

I certainly love the indie game movement though, and it has been brewing in my mind for a long time that I may never see the game I want to see if I don't go build it myself and I've seriously been considering traveling down that road in the future.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:29 am

You're not supposed to bring realism into this, that kills the fun =P these are DREAM games so you can even pick something from a long dead company. It's more for fun and seeing what most people would love to see done.

Example: I want a Super Duper Ultra Mega Street Fighter 4 Turbo EX plus Alpha! It has one extra costume for Ryu and tons of on disc DLC! It also MUST have tha as the full title.

A joke obviously, but yeah =P
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:39 am

Bah-HUMBUG!

LOL, fair enough Roll. Let me try not to be a buzz kill then! XD

Certainly Chrono Trigger 2 and a Secret of Mana sequel akin to Seiken 3. Another Eternal Darkness would be awesome. Mirror's Edge 2. FF Tactics 2 that isn't like advance. RO 2, more inline with how the first build of that game was. Mother 4 and Crystal Chronicles (utilizing 4 screen game pads) on the Wii U. A SOTN style 2D game on a next gen console, in full sprite glory, Harmony of Despair doesn't count because it sucks (not in concept, but in execution).
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 am

Ah yeah, some good choices. I wonder why another game hasn't tried to replicate the sanity effects like Eternal Darkness, those were cool. I would like all of those also, Crystal Chronicles I'd be happy with anything in that universe, I love the classes and design of everything.

Ok...should prolly get back to work...lol
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Jane Gray » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:48 am

An interactive MMORPG. Be able to have a first-person shooter look as well as a third-person view and bird's-eye view. Medieval Fantasy themed. The game has to have nice graphics and HUGE online maps. If they can make that happen then that would be awesome. Skyrim kinda did it, but I'm looking for something bigger and better. If there is already a game like this, then I'm misssing out.
Jane Gray
Jane Gray
Thief LV 40/30
Thief  LV 40/30

Postby TheNesta » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:10 am

These are mostly going to be sequels to existing games, because I'm never really sure what I want that's new IP, or an original idea. I'm just pleasantly surprised when those happen to pop up.

My ultimate "dream game" at this point is Valkyrie Profile: Hrist. I love the Valkyrie Profile series, and outside of a decent spin-off game on the DS, we haven't seen this series in a long time. And I really want a third main game in the series. Now, as I said I'd like it to be about the third Valkyrie sister, Hrist to follow the tradition of the previous games focusing on a sister. They even make a joke about a Hrist game in Covenant of The Plume's bonus dungeon.

As for the gameplay, this is tricky. Preferably I'd like it to be similar to the first game, but I also enjoyed Silmeria, even though it has a really weird, complicated battle system. The problem is, Tri-ace hasn't really been putting out the hits lately. Pretty much everyone of their games this generation has bee a massive disappointment to me. Resonance of Fate is admittedly a good game, but it suffers from what I like to call "Modern JRPG syndrome" (I'll workshop that one.) Basically, it seems like most JRPGs this generation have tried flipping the genre on it's head by introducing really convoluted battle mechanics that are completed just for the sake of being different.

On the flip-side, if the Tri-ace team that worked on Silmeria was willing to come up with an equally creative system, that could be cool too, but just don't go overboard. Long story short though, just rip-off the first game's system, because it's perfect.

Alright, so I said I wasn't going to talk about new IP, but I will touch on it briefly. I want... I just want a new JRPG that really just blows me away. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people that think the genre is dead, and that there haven't been any good JRPGs in the last decade. There's tons of great ones, but I personally want something to come along and make me consider it a contender against some of my favorite games of all time.

In my mind, it's a totally new universe, but with the perfect combination of quality as something like Chrono Trigger is. I could sit here all day and talk about how many sequels I'd like to existing worlds, but if there was some totally new story, with a set of amazing characters that I could fall in love with, and that would make me want to play it annually... I dunno. That would be something special for me.

Random aside from all that, I actually had a pretty big dream game back in the day regarding The Elder Scrolls. An old friend and I were obsessed with Morrowind, it was one of the most amazing things we'd ever seen. But we thought "Man, how cool would it be if we could play this together?" So we started brainstorming all these ideas for a co-operative Elder Scrolls game. At this time MMOs were becoming popular too, so that certainly crossed our minds too.

With that said... The Elder Scrolls Online is coming out at some point here and it's... really the most disappointing thing I can imagine. So...

Finally, I'll just list some sequels I'd really like to see.

NieR 2: Well, this should be a given. I'd love to see Cavia reform and make a sequel to NieR. It could be related to the first game, but it could also be totally new. Just as long as they keep everything I loved about NieR.

Persona 5: I'm excited for SMT4, but I still really want to see the next entry in the Persona series. Ideally it would have the same graphic fidelity as Catherine.

.hack: I'm a pretty big fan of the .hack series of games, and would like to see another series of games that followed the same fake MMO, action RPG as the first two series. I know the fighting game is coming but... come on.

Mother 4: Mother 3 is one of the closest JRPGs to scratch that "This is a classic" itch, and I have a feeling that when I play it again soon that it's going to claim a spot on my favorite games of all time list. It's just unfortunate that it never came out here, and that Nintendo refuses to acknowledge the series existence anymore. But... Mother 4, on the 3DS, yeah, please.

Shadow Hearts 4: The first two Shadow Hearts games are god damned incredible. A really awesome combination of a mature story, with an awesome combat system. I have some issues with the third game, but I'd love to see another game in this series.

Suikoden 6: This is simple. No bullshit spin-offs, just return to the main series, continue the story, and stop jerking me around.

Finally, I'd like to echo the desire for another Chrono game, and a Xenogears remake would be pretty rad too.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise