[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Your dream games
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Your dream games

Everything related to games~

Re: Your dream games

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:15 am

Bring Paper mario back to its goddamn roots when it was just simple and awesome and didn't need a bunch of lame jokes to be funny. Seriously, Thousand Year Door was ok, but it took away so much from the original's charm and allure for me.

Also, a real Jak and Daxter sequel where we get to see about Jak's adventures in space with the precursors fighting evil on other planets. The precursors aren't dumb. They would've known Jak jumped off the rocket at the last minute and turned right back around for him. I'm convinced that there was plenty of stuff after Jak 3 that we haven't seen yet. New environments would be a great way to build in fresh new mechanics and update the visuals. Drop Uncharted for now and get on some new Jak, Naughty Dog! You have one dev team that's doing nothing now...

Also... Pokemon MMO. Nintendo needs to do away with all of those friend codes and stuff that makes their online frustrating and just fully embrace what online could potentially do for them. Imagine importing your teams from DS games and using them on adventures with a custom made avatar through all the regions. You could play that in single player and then jump online to battle or have pokemon contests with friends. Trading would certainly be easier over long distances and maybe people could team up to play together in the main adventure mode. Double battling alongside a buddy in a console pokemon game would kick ass. I know I've ranted this to high heaven by now, but, by God, Nintendo needs to realize the profitability of such a game. Since it'd suck to make people pay real money for items and stuff, why not just charge a simple subscription that nobody would mind paying. Since a ton of people would buy the game, the subscription would turn a profit, no problem.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Tony May-San » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:45 am

I completely agree on the pokemon front! this needs to happen. i was saying this to a few friends yesterday, we need a game where you can visit every single region and battle for all of the badges (theres got to be at least 40 now right?) theyve got the ability to put you in someone elses game so now all it needs is a server or something to host a bunch of people at the same time, and implement a few random 'missions' where you can team up with friends and explore the great unknown!
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby Jane Gray » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:54 pm

__Why not make a game that is not off of something else? A new game from scratch with all the stuff we want in it. Let more creativity be expressed and new classics be made. They can make more sequals and whatever but they really need to make a new, original game. I don't know, ignore me. I guess I'm not as attached to games like some people are. :|
Jane Gray
Jane Gray
Thief LV 40/30
Thief  LV 40/30

Postby Tony May-San » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:43 pm

each to their own! i guess you'd rather deal with the graphics side of the games more then play them? i wish i were more artistically inclined but with my body it seems i was destined to be a video game legend xD
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:28 pm

It is just a whole lot harder to come up with a new IP than it is to think up a sequel that has everything you wish was in it or want to improve on. That goes for dreaming about new games and actually doing it in the business.

Plus, some of us probably don't want to throw all their ideas for new games for whatever reasons (some good and some silly).
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Adol The Red » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:40 am

I have my own ideas for games, but it would take while to write them out so I'd really have to be in the mood to sit here for a while. Also, most of my ideas are about 13 years old, so I'd have to pull from memory. I remember one thing I thought would be cool was a series of Aerial racing games, using small jets or high powered prop planes. Now, I don't remember a lot of the details. I remember some rediculous things, like having to pay for damages to your plane, which could be later reduced by buying insurance policies. That would just be annoying. Anyway, there's a downloadable game called Sky Drift that pretty much handles what I was thinking of for Master's League Jet Racing (thas muh title). Not exactly, but close.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:54 pm

Okay, I'll try and keep this as concise as I can (I failed miserably at this, so I'm splitting it into 2 posts), but here is an idea for a game I've had brewing in my mind.

For the basics, it is a 2-D side scrolling action game with some puzzle elements. For basic combat you have a close range attack, a long range attack, and a bomb attack (you'll understand why I list these as generics in a moment). You have the movement basics - a double jump, an evade button, and perhaps an air dash. Running for a long enough period of time will put you into a fast run. These are the basic mechanics. I have other ideas which I will mention later. Much of this is still not fleshed out, and I want to save that stuff for the end.

Now, for starters, I'm big on customization for this game. I kind of want the character to be your character. I have an idea for a default character, but it really doesn't matter. At the start you'd put together a few various body types and choose a color scheme. There's not a ton of options since I see this as sprite based and very stylistic, but what's in my head would be enough to still create a pretty decent character. This customization also applies to how you fight. For instance, you could use guns, and various types. You could have I pistol that you whip enemies with or shoot point blank for close range attacks, whip out a rifle or a machine gun for long range attakcs, or pull out a rocket or a grenade for bomb attacks. Or you could be a martial artist, using kicks and punches for close range, energy shots for long range, and a large chi explosion for a bomb attack. Or you could slash with a sword, use it to launch energy waves, and maybe have some big ole flash all over the screen combo for a bomb attack. Or you could be a magic user. Or you could use futuristic weapons (I'll get to why all these fit in a moment). Or other stuff I haven't come up with yet, and you can mix and match any of them. Slash with a sword, shoot fire balls, and lanch a rocket. Smash them enemies however you like.

Don't have any puzzle stuff worked out yet, so not much to say there. Now, the game will have leveling. You have HP, and some sort of limit on your bomb attack. And I'd probably add a way to charge your regular attacks, the only cost being the time it takes to do so. One cool idea I had was perks for leveling up certain abilities. For instance, if you used all gun based weapons you might earn the Gunslinger perk, which gets you a costume and gives a slight bonus when you have guns equipped. Use all sword abilites and get Swordsman. Again, costume and sword attacks are stronger. If you have both perks then using a gun and a sword at the same time will still get you increased strength where applicable. And I'd probably do a few perks that you get from mixing styles just to make sure people don't shy away from using what they like best. Not sure about switching abilites. It would be cool to switch them on the fly, but since there are three attack types you would need too many buttons to switch them out, so that would probably be relagated to a menu. Also not sure about a currency system. Maybe collecting orbs from fallen monsters, or getting coolness bonuses for stringing attacks together. Either way, you get your first weapon in each attack type for free, and have to unlock the others. Since there isn't really a strength difference, you could pick whichever you wanted. And if I wanted to incorporate them in puzzles I'd probably have to make all of the first levels of each weapon pretty cheap. (You know, like use a fire ball to melt the ice blocking your path. It would suck if fire were expensive. Instead it would just be expensive to max out.) I also don't know if I'd go straight experience for stats, or let those increases be bought. Perhaps a hybrid, where you can use experience from fighting to increase whatever stats you want, and then can also use whatever the money is to add to it if you like.

As I said earlier, style is a part of this game. I imagine the main character as mostly silent, probably totally silent except for fighting yells, but the animation style would be aiming for coolness. Also, I like the idea of have a style item. For instance, if you chose sunglasses, then every now and again your character will have them off when going into a boss fight. The enemy would pop up and roar, making a show of itself. Your character would look at it for a moment, unimpressed, with the camera zoomed in on his or her face, the pull out the shades, flip the arms open, and put them on. Then the screen zooms out as the battle music fires up and you get to fight'n. Style. Haven't thought of too many others for this feature yet, but I'm sure there are things that would work. Another area where the sunglasses idea works for style is having them get knocked off if you get knocked into the air. Hit jump to correct yourself and your character will reach out and grab them real quick and put them back on. Otherwise you land and they're back when you get up. I don't know how that would work logistically though. It's already sprite based with at least three body types for both genders, a few hairstyles, and costumes. Using style items out of cutscenes would probably be asking too much. Still, it would be cool.

Okay, now that I've taken all that time to explain that, what's this freak'n game about? It's about a prison and a monster, and you trying to get the hell out of dodge. Before I start let me say that I've written little of this down and dont' have all the details worked out yet, but I'll give you what I do have. First, backstory (which you wouldn't know ahead of time). A long time ago some civilization created a bio-weapon so powerful that it pretty much destroyed their world, and threatened others. As it absorbed enemies it became stronger and stronger, and gained the ability to traverse dimensions and cross into other worlds. Essentially, every world, everywhere, at every time, was threatened by this thing. They banded together but couldn't beat it, so instead they imprisoned it (don't ask me how, haven't figured that out just yet). Seals were placed on it that split its powers apart. Split like it was, its strength - absorbing enemies - became its weakness. It has to use so much power to keep them under control that it can't escape the prison. (First plothole - why didn't they kill it once they sealed all its powers and stuff. Don't know yet, but they can't.) Now, it can think, but it's still a monster, and despite being weak its drive to absorb other beings is too much for it to fight against. The catch is that the beings it absorbs will start to die off. Now, this thing (which I so far just call The Monster) is essentially a destroyer god at full power, so the worlds were willing to go to any length to keep it culled down. To that end, each world hires Wardens to guard and look over the prison, which is mostly to say thay guard the entrances (all these wardens are badasses, by the way). Their other job is to pick sacrifices to send to the prison for the monster to absorb, ensuring that it stays too weak to escape. You, the player, are the latest sacrifice, sent down a sort of one way teleportation net from your world's entrance to a section in the far end of the prison. (A note on the prison itself. It is a sort of nexus of all worlds, though technically doesn't actually exist. I think it is supported by the Monster's existence somehow, not sure. The point is, you can have any kind of stage. Caves, open fields, magic towers, cities, space stations. I even have an idea for one level that's all air that you just fall through. What they did is they took a sort of copy of some place in the real world and made it a piece of the prison. So it mimics places from various worlds and dimensions, and a small part of it might seem to be an entire universe, but it isn't. That's how you can have all those various weapon types, because you have any and every possible world represented somewhere in the prison. Also, I imagine all the various peices coming together and forming a giant T. Esentially you'd start the game on the top left of the T, travel to the bottom, beat it the first time, and escape back out the top. If you choose to get the true ending, you'd do a little time nexus thing, go to the other end of the top of the T to power level, then fight the true end boss.)
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Continued from above post (five freak'n pages long in word...)

Of course, when you start you'd know none of that. You just wake up in a dilapated looking prison. So far my name for the game is just "Prisoner." I like it because it could refer to you or The Monster. Not sure about the first level. I read somewhere that a good idea in game creation is to save the first level for last so that you understand all of you mechanics and how to introduce them. Suffice it to say, you start out very weak, with a single jump and no way to even fight. This is where the seals come in. See, the seals on The Monster draw its powers away and lock them into other seals spread throughout the prison. This keeps it all together, keeping The Monster's powers sealed, and sort of keeping the prison weighing down on it. So, once again, The Monster's own power is keeping it sealed in. Anyway, one downside to the prison is that anyone can interact with the seals, and the first one would probably let you use an attack ability and access the store (still not sure exactly how the store will work). Anyway, there are usually guardians guarding the seals, which would be at the end of each level, hence your bosses and your progression, because as a prisoner in the prison, you can unlock and absorb the seals, essentially gaining bits and pieces of the monster's power. So there's your double jump and and stuff (and a few other things too be mentioned at the end of this).

So mostly you'd go through levels, beat the bosses, get the seals, and get stronger, following the path of the teleportaion net back to the entrance (one a seal is borken you can use the net to travel back to previous levels to grind and such or get things you missed, and you can jump back to where your were in the game whenever). Except The Monster is hunting you, and you don't want to let it catch you. Well, every now and again it will jump pretty much out of nowhere, be terrifying, and try to catch you, which leads to some run like hell sequences. It's hard for me to describe the monster. In its small form its sort of has a bulbous upper body over a scrawny midsection and long legs and arms with claw like fingers. Its head is tiny, sort of tall and narrow, ball shapped on top and pointy on the bottom, and is on the front of its body. And it has six tiny wings that can't do anything. Also, it has glowing rings floating around it that represent the seals. It kind of looks like a shadow for starters, and is maybe eight feet tall. (I imagine the first angel they fight in Evangelian when I picture this thing, at least as a starting point.) So it pops up, and you run. And it'll be like that for a while, without warning. You'll notice each time that it's getting bigger, and changing, and looking more intimidating. Well, you are unlocking the seals that keep its powers locked away, so it is getting stronger. However, you are also gaining these powers, so there will be times when you actually stand enough of a chance to fight it off. So sometimes you run, and sometimes you fight. Either way, you keep going through, trying to escape. Of course, that you're also releasing The Monster is one of the more interesting moral tidbits (though huge guess on who the end boss is). Now, there are other people in the prison, but you will only rarely run into them, and there is a secret about them that I do not want to give away. There are also the Wardens. They know what you're doing, and want to stop you. Though I like the idea of one Warden deciding to help you if you think you can kill The Monster with its own powers (of course, then you have all those powers now dont you? With The Monster dead and you crazy strong... Well, that's one thing that would make for a good question and the end now isn't it?). As far as the time nexus thing after beating it the first time, the point is that the prison would be collapsing after you fight the monster, and you have to escape metroid stlye. Of course, there's no telling if it's dead or not, but the prison will be gone. So I'd give you a save and let you chose to leave the prison now and oh well if the monster survived, or reset things a bit, have you unlock the last of the seals, and go for a true final showdown (which of course you might still lose and release the monster at full power). Your decsion.

I've imagined both final bossfights, and both are freaking crazy, but in a game like this they should be. Anyway, there's the concrete stuff. Now for other things. For one, it's a long game. It has a lot of variety. I like the idea of have a level or two where maybe you pilot a mech, or things like that. Also, there are a lot of seals. I'd have to releagate some of them to just giving you strength boosts, but I like adding all sorts of new powers and abilities, but some of them just might not be workable. For one, I was thinking of adding a grab attack for some enemies, which you normally fight off. Pretty much they would trap you and attack, and you'd defend their hits based on a collapsing inticator, and fight when you got the chance. Or something. Not worked out. Well, one seal might give you a flawless defense ability that either auto guards or greatly increases the zone for hitting the button on the collapsing indicator. After a string of successful guards, you would autobreak the grab and do huge damage to the enemy. Cue fight the Monster with this seal released, and maybe it thows you in the air and does some crazy flying back and forth thing. Again, you guard its hits, then blast out of its hold and knock it to the ground. I also have an idea for chaining jump attacks. Essentially, get the flying seal and the lock on seal unlocked, and when you jump, if you're close enough, and icon appears over an enemy. Hit the close range attack button (as indicated) and you'll fly at them. If there is another enemy, you'll auto lockon after bouncing off and killing the first, and can start chaining them. I like this alos as an alternate means of travel up the side of a cliff or something. I also had another idea for this in a boss fight with The Monster, probably the first end boss one. It flies way up and starts shooting a bunch of energy balls at you or whatever. Projectiles, while also releasing smaller enemies. Now, you can get up to it conventionally with climbing and jumping while dodgeing the shots, or you can be a badass and rapidly chain linked flying hits on the weaker enemeis that would lead you up to the Monster's face, which of course would be the last in the chain and let you kick it. For this to work, the projectiles would either have to be set in a pattern that is avoidable, or chain linking your flying attacks would have to make you temporarily immune to projectiles. I like this one because it keeps your options open, but lets you look awesome. And to be clear, even though you're gaining its powers, you don't have anywhere near the strength of the monster. So while it can fly as much as you want, your flying would give you maybe an extended jump or a glide. Though I may have some sequence you can fly through (you know, in the other dimension where I'm making this and not just thinking about it). Anyway, the point is I need unique ideas for what the seals can unlock, and I lock still getting new powers throughout the game. It would keep things fresh.

The final note is on music. For most levels I imagine some simple, sort of grity songs with a kind of dark or ...metallic quality to them. Sorry, it's tough to describe. I don't mean like metal, just... Bluh. Anyway, semi creepy stuff that gives you a trudging feeling. Take this song from Ar Tonelico III, , as a good basis for the sort of thing I mean. A starting point, anyway. Now, for chases I want something crazy and scary. For bosses I like build up. Regular bosses would have cool music. For boss fights against the monster I want really cool, hard, heavy or fast paced metal, or something like it. Just really heavy, crazy stuff that accentuates how awesome and crazy it is that you're actually standing up to this thing. If they're not all unique, then at least a special song for the first time you fight it and of course for the end boss battles. I'm not sure about the Wardens. Maybe something kind of sad sounding. I doubt they like their job, but the monster is so dangerous, and I don't want to give too much indication of the moral standing of your character. Obviously the choice to escape comes with some costs, and its all kind of gray. And I don't intend to cover whether or not you actually deserved to be thrown away as a sacrifice or not.

Anyway, that was me being concise. Good lord.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:17 pm

I, as a wannabe game developer, have many an idea for a game and would also love to describe my visions for my games when I have a lot of time to burn. Mine are heavily story based, but I have some idea of what I'd like gameplay to be like for most of them.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Zyran Lionheart » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:31 pm

I feel like I've traded places with Bear in Seminal Day... glad I don't have Ice Cream,,,

I have had an idea for a game/book since 4th grade, (in 10th now)

The name of the game is... still in debate, but I'm thinking of making a game on each individual character.
Examples:
Tales of the Celestial Dragon: Saraetorri Rageheart
Tales of the Celestial Dragon: Zyran Lionheart
Tales of the Celestial Dragon: Alexandria Frostsabre

Basically, you live through the life of each character, and each character has a different genre theme. You can't name the main character, but any "party members" along the way could be named, built, and geared differently based off of the Lead Character.
I might make a seperate game mode for people that want to see a story told, instead of an rpg type of game.

My main goal would be to combine the best elements of some of my favorite games and improve them into an entire world that revolves around a single, awesome game.

Sample game elements:
The Tales of Series' thorough backstories and plot
Legend of Zelda's character concept of the Hero of Time himself (Would work a "Link" feel into Zyran)
Samus Aran, Bounty Hunter, Pre-Other M (A silent, but deadly, mercenary that gets the job done? Sounds like what my Mercenary, Alexandria Frostsabre, would be like)

The ^^ samples are not direct copies, (no fun in that) but are tweaked with my own touch.

This is just a small 1% of what goes through my head in 6 years
Pots OP
Zyran Lionheart
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise