[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Standard Game Mechanics
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Standard Game Mechanics

Everything related to games~

Re: Standard Game Mechanics

Postby Kerreth » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:24 am

Roll, I thought P3P does have Mass Destruction... if you're playing as the guy. Just the lady gets Wiping All Out, right?
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:11 am

Does it? I'm playing as the chick cause I've already seen the story as the guy, so yeah, didn't even check. The song isn't bad though, but it's definitely no Mass Destruction.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Tony May-San » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:01 am

Chapter select

to be fair this only really works with games that have a new game+ feature.
sometimes you play through a game and want to play it again, maybe you want to skip past the tutorial portion, maybe you want to skip halfway through the game to where the game starts getting a bit more difficult or more interesting or maybe you just want to play through a specific part of the game you really enjoyed. i think chapter selection is of vital importance in all games, but then maybe im slightly biased in that i only really play RPG's /swt2

Pausing the game at any time
why isnt this already in all games everywhere? i've lost count of the amount of times ive had to get up to answer the door/answer the phone/make a cup of tea etc and missed like a single line of dialogue that was vitally important and then become completely clueless as to why we're doing whatever it is were doing. god invented the pause button for a reason, ya know?
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Pretty much an addition to let me know if what I'm buying is better or not, but if I'm buying a spell book, let me know if I already have that spell or not. I mean this mostly for Skyrim. I have a few characters, so I don't always remember which characters have what. Also, spell books can get expensive real quick, so its not like I can buy all the once I want in one go. I could check my spell list before I shop, but I wouldn't be able to remember what I have for every school of magic, so I'd constantly have to be going back and forth. I've taken to writing down what spells I have, at least for my pure mage, so I don't waste money buying a book I already bought.

It would be simpler if there were a little mark in the description telling me I already know this spell. I hope that gets covered in a patch at some point.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:46 pm

A refresher level would be a great addition to a lot of games. This is essentially for when you haven't played a game in a while and can't really remember how to play it when you get back to it. Pretty much pause the game and run through some quick tutorials in whatever mechanics you've unlocked so far, at least to get the controls back down. Of course this can be done in level, but having it on the side could let you just focus on getting your controller groove back and not on getting killed till you remember how to play the game. And a story recap is always good.

I think of this mostly because of all the games that I don't go back to because I know I'm just gonna have to restart them. That isn't always a bad thing, mind you, but a refresher might be a nice little add on.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Previous

Return to Gamer's Paradise