[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Gravity Rush (Gravity Daze in Japan)
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Gravity Rush (Gravity Daze in Japan)

Everything related to games~

Gravity Rush (Gravity Daze in Japan)

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Having just barely gotten a Vita (pretty good deal too) this was one of the games I grabbed right away, and was glad too, cause it's awesome. If you haven't seen/heard of it, it's as you'd guess from the title an action adventure game where you manipulate gravity.

You can walk on walls, ceilings, fly and float, and carry objects/people with you all as long as you have meter to do it. There are also some special attacks and other abilities like the slide, black hole move, and some others with everything being upgradable including base things like health, damage and how long it takes for your gravity meter to run out.

All of that is cool and interesting, and the story so far is interesting as well. It does take a lil bit to get used to the controls and gravity stuff, especially with the camera. Thankfully the D-pad helps with the camera and if you've landed on a surface her hair will fall with normal gravity.

Currently I've stopped going through the main story in order to do some of the side missions and challenges and such to try and get some extra upgrades in. Some of them are pretty damn hard but most get easier as you get more upgrades.

If you're one of the few Vita owners I'd say this is a no brainer to pick up, if you don't have a Vita and as long as there are other games you're interested in, I'd say this about sells the system. Looks great, uses all of the systems abilities with touch screens, gyro, and some extra dlc missions. I sure hope they don't let this nice new IP go to waste =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Gravity Rush (Gravity Daze in Japan)

Postby Soeroah » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:36 pm

It's definately on my list, there's just not much else currently on the Vita I'm interested in yet >_< From what I've played it looks interesting.
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:16 pm

Well currently out there's Lumines, Touch my Katamari, Disgaea 3 (if you hadn't played on PS3), Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Blazblue (same as console ver), and Wipeout 2048 for the ones I like at least. Next month the Ragnarok Odyssey game comes out which I really want, and Persona 4 Arena comes out next month also though that's all consoles. Then there are more later like Persona 4: The Golden and the Assassin's Creed.

So yeah there isn't a ton, but it's enough to keep me occupied for a bit. I managed to get the original 3G Vita bundle with 4gig stick and Little Deviants for $226 no tax and no shipping from Amazon so I figured I'd grab it up.
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Adol The Red » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:35 pm

Wow good deal for the the 3G. I have the one without 3G but that's fine for me.

Yeah, the launch lineup isn't really that impressive. I mostly got it for Uncharted and things I'm hopeful for. Namely a possible Tales release and a version of Ys 4. Mostly for Ys 4. I don't really feel up to buying another Lumines at full price, and I don't like playing fighting games on handhelds, espcially with the Vita's little D-pad. If I'm playing a 2D fighter I pretty much have to use the D-pad for inputs.

Still, it's a nice piece of tech and I hope that someday I'll get some good games. There's also a pretty good for it that costs about $30. The case has a bunch of slots for games, pluse a few slots for memory sticks. Has room for the main cables. I managed to shove the car adapter in there too but its a tight fit. The case for the Vita itself has a piece of plastic on the front to protect the screen and two slots for the sticks. That case is removable, and carries four games as well. 30 is a bit much for a case after buying the system and a memory stick, but I like this case a lot. (Not sure if its Gamestop only or what, and I seem to remember it being a few bucks cheaper, but I could be wrong.)
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby RollCasket » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:32 am

Yeah I didn't even know it was the 3G model when I ordered it, just saw it was a bundle cheaper than it is by itself, lol. Cause those memory sticks are expensive =P the Little Deviants I traded towards Gravity Rush when I saw it was just like Face Raiders on 3DS except not free, lol.

I'm actually thinking of getting the SFxT for Vita cause it comes with all the DLC and the D-pad doesn't bug me as that's what I'm used to for fighting games, SNES and Dreamcast all the way! I just hope they have a buncha RPGs like the PSP had.

Edit: did your Vita not come with a case? It's a smaller oval one, has lil game slots and maybe enough room for a charger too. It makes it too big to put in your pocket still but not too shabby.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Kerreth » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:15 am

Arena's coming on Vita? Thought it was just PS360.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:20 am

I heard it was a while back but I haven't seen anything confirming it, so probably not. Not entirely sure what I wanna get it on anyway, but prolly 360 since I'm sure Nesta will be getting it on that so i can play with him.

Thread derail, but prolly going to main Akihiko.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Adol The Red » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:19 am

I bought the big case when I bought my Vita, so I honestly don't remember, though I think that if it did is was something more like what the PSP usually came with, that sort of slide on case.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby RollCasket » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:58 pm

It's actually a decent lil that came with mine, which I didn't know when I ordered it, lol. I do kinda want some screen protectors though but I dunno if that messes with the touch-screen-ness of it o.O

The only thing I'm semi sad about with the game is that if you pre-ordered it you got a dlc mission pack thing which isn't available any other way until they add it for purchase later =/

I'm on episode 11 currently and am still taking a break from the story missions to do side stuff...and there's a lot, lol.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Gamer's Paradise