[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - GW2 Beta Weekend 3!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

GW2 Beta Weekend 3!

Everything related to games~

GW2 Beta Weekend 3!

Postby Pie » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:53 pm

Beta Weekend 3 ended somewhat recently!! XD Post your stories and screenshots!!! I want to FEEEEEED! Off of your stories and impressions. T-T
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Re: GW2 Beta Weekend 3!

Postby RollCasket » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:08 pm

I pretty much said what I thought of it already in the GW2 thread but just to reiterate a bit I think mainly it was just finding that right class/race/area combo to really click. It was funny because first I made an engineer, which I liked enough right off the bat, but wanted to make a sylvari which didn't last long...THEN I made the thief and didn't go back =P Oddly enough, I didn't like WoW very much from the start either, then went back to play it sometime later, still was soso about it...then I made a warrior and that did it =P

Still, I do have a few issues with the game, though some of it seemed not as bad (think they rebalanced some things) paired with the fact that the Asura starter zone was much better paced, it helped ease over some of my complaints. It still kinda bugs me how little exp each actual kill gives, but at least you get a good bit of exp very several other things. I don't much like how in their panel they assume everyone hates grinding, because I personally love grinding =P Not that that's all I want, but sometimes I like to just relax in a single zone and just beat down on mobs for a while, so I'm sad that's not really a viable option in GW2, but oh well. On that note, it's almost laughable that they have an exp booster item for kills...maybe if it was like...400%+ exp then it'd actually do something, 100% of already low numbers isn't anything =P

I also think some of the world bosses still need some tweaking...they're overpowered and seem to go against the whole "seemless teamwork" that the rest of the game has. Why do I say that? Well I was fighting this big fire elemental boss and there were a ton of other people, but it seemed like nothing was getting done until I just said "screw everybody else" and just leeroy'd in and went balls to the wall with my lil thief. Helping anyone seemed only to get more people killed as this almost undodgable (because it comes out way too fast, you almost have to already be dodging) fire comes down leaving a patch of fire in the spot which makes it so you can't heal yourself back up from "fight to the death". What's even worse, is thief has this awesome fttd ability that sorta ports them away and I used it all the time to jump behind something or away from something to res myself back up but even that was completely useless as even getting behind a wall resulted in another instant patch of fire while right behind the wall, like really? It was frustrating and not at all worth it as the stupid thing didn't even drop anything.

In any case...I'm going to try really hard to focus this time on getting a main all the way up before going "alt crazy" and lvling a ton of other characters =P So unless someone gets the name before me, Lilfury the theif is goin all the way if possible before I work on my ranger and engineer. Not sure which other classes I'll make after those two but I like all 3 of those for sure, sadly as much as I wanted to I just couldn't get into necro...which sucks cause it was my favorite in GW1 =/ Also, as much as I love WoW warriors (I have 2 85s of them) I'm kinda soso on GW2 warrior, though I didn't get to try them for too long so that might be my 4th character.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: GW2 Beta Weekend 3!

Postby Luc of True Wind » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:37 am

Yay I finally uploaded my screenies! Photobucket kept crashing because of some issue with flashplayer (no idea...) /sigh
Here are some screenies from random adventures and from just before the final even in Rata Sum. Sometimes the images have the text and sometimes they don't; not sure why my edits don't appear sometimes, but they should appear soon like they did on the PSO2 images /heh Enjoy!

Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Return to Gamer's Paradise