Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Extra Life Charity!

Everything related to games~

Extra Life Charity!

Postby Ninja_moofin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:59 pm

So I signed up to for this, if any of you guys want to get together and play on the 20th or even any of the other days let me know. but this is straight from the site www.extra-life.org

"For the last four years, thousands of gamers have joined together annually to play for 24 hours for Extra Life – a gaming marathon in support of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals®. Gamers rally friends and family members to sponsor their play. The funds they raise go to help save and improve the lives of kids at the CMN Hospital in their community.

Since 2008, our incredible players have raised more than 2 million dollars, and this year, on October 20th, 2012 we believe they will outdo themselves yet again.

We'd like YOU to join our lifesaving fight.

WHEN: October 20, 2012 @ 8am (Or choose a date that works for your schedule)

WHERE: Anywhere you like to game (Most people play from home!)

GAME/PLATFORM: Play any games on any platforms you want including mobile devices!

HOW IT WORKS: Simply ask your friends and family to sponsor your efforts. They can make a monthly pledge or a one-time gift. Then, have a seat and play games on October 20th.

WHO IT BENEFITS: Gamers select the children's hospital they want to play for during registration. In the US and Canada there are more than 170 CMN Hospitals to choose from. Players may also choose to play for hospitals in the UK and Australia.

As always you can register for Extra Life absolutely free, however we'd like you to consider the $15 Platinum option, which makes you eligible to receive lot's of goodies and prizes throughout the campaign, including the official 2012 Extra Life T-shirt when you hit $200 in funds raised.

Thank you for stopping by, and thanks for a taking a few minutes to join our fight to save kids' lives.

Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals supports healthy and safe gaming for kids. If you have questions or concerns about your child’s gaming, please visit www.cmch.tv/ for resources on healthy gaming habits for kids."

this is just if you guy's hadn't heard about this or if anything for just a quick read.
Ninja_moofin
Swordman LV 52/40
Swordman  LV 52/40

Re: Extra Life Charity!

Postby Tony May-San » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:48 am

Now this is the kind of charity work i can get down with. Thanks for sharing Moofin!
Now to see how many of my friends would be up for this.
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Return to Gamer's Paradise