[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Wii U the thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Wii U the thread

Everything related to games~

Wii U the thread

Postby RollCasket » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Me and Farore got a Wii U deluxe and 4 extra games with it since Toys R Us had a buy 1 get 1 40% off deal which was pretty awesome, and used a 20% off coupon for a pro controller. The system itself is pretty nice and I really like the tablet controller more than I thought I would. The tablet is surprisingly light and comfortable, the only downside to it is a low battery life =/ The Miiverse thing is actually pretty neat, kinda blends your online features with a lot of social aspects. Apparently everyone who has a Wii U is a crazy good artist =P

Nintendoland: admittedly not something I woulda bought had it not come with the deluxe but after playing it I'm glad we got it. It's way more fun with a lot more stuff than I thought it'd have. Sadly the game I was most looking forward to checking out on it, F-Zero, was not as good as I'd like =P The Metroid is awesome though, Pikmin and Zelda were also fun, the Donkey Kong one can burn in hell, and the multiplayer games are pretty fun but obviously better with more people.

Ninja Gaiden 3: quite a few fixes from the 360 and PS3 release, though I'm sure they'll later put out a "Sigma" version later with the same fixes and content. Playing as Ayane is pretty fun as I generally like faster characters, and some of her "finishers" look cooler. The online is apparently pretty cool too but I haven't tried it yet. Oh, yeah, and dismemberments are back and the game as a whole has near comical amounts of blood and gore lol.

New Super Mario Bros U: lot of fun so far and also integrates the Miiverse posting pretty easily. Yoshis are back, a few old and new power-ups, it's Mario you about know what to expect lol. We were both playing it together and haven't had a ton of time to play so not too much to say about it yet. I wanna try doing the single player and play it just on the tablet since you can do that.

We also got ZombiU and Scribblenauts though Farore would prolly be better to talk about those. ZombieU is definitely a survival horror game instead of an action horror like more recent zombie games. It makes pretty full use of the tablet and though the graphics aren't that great the atmosphere is really good.

That's it for now, wanna get the Sonic All Star Racing next, might just download it through the e-shop when more money is available =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Wii U the thread

Postby Kerreth » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:08 pm

This is about all I can contribute:

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Seeing all the crazy good art people were making I decided to do one for fun. It turned out ok I guess. One of the hardest parts was forcing myself not to rest my hand on the tablet while drawing lol.

The "Yeahs" are obviously like facebook likes, and you can also "follow" someone similar to twitter/tumbler. I'm sad that nobody else here seems to have it yet =(
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:01 am

That's a really nice looking Samus Roll. XD I really like the proportions and curviness to it. =D the roundness and enlarged visor gives it a cute feel and her emblem came out well. =) Her body has a bit of a right-ward slant, but I think that's actually a common issue with some artists. I imagine it takes a bit of getting used to to draw without your hand resting on the tablet. It makes me interested in seeing more Wii U art. Thank you for sharing. =)
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Yeah I didn't notice till after I was almost done I shoulda moved her head over a bit more and adjusted it a bit but I didn't wanna redraw it =X Though the screen is large-ish, when trying to draw something on it it's a bit confining, especially since the area to draw is smaller than the screen (since it's a window within the screen) if that makes any sense. Still, I found it kinda fun and will prolly do some more. I didn't think about that but I guess I could also take pics and share some of the other much better ones I've seen lol.

The sad thing though is I HAVE a nice Wacom tablet for pc...but I've barely used it x.x I dunno, just feels weird to use to me, I'm too used to drawing on paper and when you draw on the tablet there's this weird disconnect of doing the motions on the tablet but it appearing on your monitor x.O Plus, still the same problem of trying to keep my hand from resting on it, lol.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Gamer's Paradise