[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Megaman 25th Anniversary Game!!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Megaman 25th Anniversary Game!!

Everything related to games~

Megaman 25th Anniversary Game!!

Postby Pie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:42 pm

As the title says. =)

The game is:

I think it sounds kinda weird but looks really cool! XD I'm looking forward to it, especially since it will be free!! XD

What are your thoughts? =D
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Re: Megaman 25th Anniversary Game!!

Postby Soeroah » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:39 pm

I'm not really into Megaman that isn't on the Battle Network timeline, but I hear this is actually a fan game which Capcom took control of and, at least, released for free. So I don't know what to think about it- good they didn't make it a purchaseable, but I don't think Capcom should really be praised for it either =P
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Pie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 pm

Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:09 pm

Yeah I had a similar feeling when I heard of this...it's completely fan-made and Capcom is trying to seem better by publishing it...even though the creator was just going to release it as free anyway (obviously). The part that gets me too is they said in an interview "the amount of downloads for this should gauge fan interest in the series. We think around 1 million downloads should be sufficient especially since it's free." Those weren't the EXACT words as I'm too lazy to look it up again, but that was basically what was said...and I mean, really? You REALLY don't think all the fan outcry over Legends 3 and Megaman being put into UMvC3 was enough? REALLY???

Still...I have to do my part and d/l it which I was gonna do anyway, and try to spread the word too so enough others do as well =P But damn Capcom...I don't know if they're just trolling or totally clueless...
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:56 am

Hopefully, this will help them get over their bloody office politics and just get back into making some more Mega Man already. Seriously, they must know the support is there. The execs are probably still too riled over whatever BS caused Keiji Inafune to quit. Maybe if this game does well, they'll bring back the projects that have been cancelled. Maybe I'm being too optimistic...

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Soeroah » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:46 pm

I have to question the logic behind using a fan-made game based on an entirely different genre as a base for how many people want more Mega Man platformers x.x
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Capcom and logic parted ways a long time ago, I think. Anyway, this sounds cool. I've never played too much Megaman, on account of being terrible at them, but Alexx and our friend Simon have played them a ton, so I've seen a lot of Megaman and I think they're pretty awesome games. I did play the Maverick Hunter X remake of Mega Man X on the PSP, and enjoyed the hell out of it. So many fun fights at the end of that game, and Vile mode was pretty sweet. And then I got to experience genuine Megaman fan disappointment when they didn't continue making them.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Alexx » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Uuugghh...not that I'm not gona check it out, but I'm tired of the look for Mega Man right now. It used to GO somewhere. Not in terms of story *PPFFFFT* that never moved along, but I mean graphically. They were trying things out, seeing where they could take it. So they made Mega Man 9 in the retro style to get back those old fans, but then STAYED THERE. They did Mega Man 10, and now this one is also 8-bit and...well hell, I've never been a big Street Fighter fan, so I'm checking this out pretty much only because it's free. Otherwise It's just the same stagnation we've been dealing with for awhile. No movement. Just stale water without a single ripple from a T-Rex footstep.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Kerreth » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 pm

Unrelated to the fan-made origins thing, but what it is with the new Mega Man's always being classical 8-bit Mega Man, in style and cheap difficulty? They should at least Super Nintendo it up, so I can see it, and also not die within the first 10 seconds of the demo.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:51 pm

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise