[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Megaman 25th Anniversary Game!!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Megaman 25th Anniversary Game!!

Everything related to games~

Re: Megaman 25th Anniversary Game!!

Postby RollCasket » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:05 am

I think this applies for all of us here...but there was an interview with Capcom USA President Christian Svensson and Community Manager Brett Elston .

This maybe transcends this thread a bit...but it's certainly related, and goes into much more Megaman stuff in general. I knew the gist of how he went to them at EVO and handed them the game, but I didn't know that this was all Capcom USA, which is kinda funny...

But yeah, I thought this was the article but I didn't see after skimming through it (I've been reading too many articles lately x.x) but basically part of the hang-up for the Megaman series is they're not sure where to go with it, and just look at our few comments in here. Soeroah wants a new Battle Network, I know Pie enjoys the NES Megamans, Kerreth you mentioned 16 bit, and I'm in the similar boat...the first 4 X games were my favorite, though I also like the Zero and ZX series. I think that may be the problem, there are so many different types of Megaman games out there, there's no way to make one that would please everyone. Personally I don't see how this is THAT much of a problem since I think any of the types would sell just fine...but I understand their confusion =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Alexx » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:43 am

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Kerreth » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:51 pm

I don't even think they need to perfectly emulate a 16-bit style either, like they did with 8-bit on MM9 where they intentionally programmed slowdown and graphic weirdness in if there's too much stuff on the screen. It's not like sidescrollers are dead (Rayman Origins, Shank, Mark of the Ninja). Why not take advantage of current(ish) technology?

Or continue on with Bad Box Art Mega Man, since they threw him in SFXT. He's awesome. :P
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:31 pm

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Having a sprite based off of one of Mega Man's cartoon variants would be pretty cool. That's why I was excited for Universe before it was canned. They could even have Mega Man from the cheesy saturday morning cartoon. lol.
/no1

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby RollCasket » Fri May 10, 2013 11:55 am

Guess this fits in here well enough, fanimation for Megaman's 25th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F991RSOU00Y

Only slight complaint is I thought at "that part" he was going to don one of the X Armor sets and the wreck face, but sadly he did not =/
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby thatonesniperguy » Fri May 10, 2013 1:13 pm

Epic. Simply epic.
thatonesniperguy
Archer LV 63/45
Archer  LV 63/45

Previous

Return to Gamer's Paradise