[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Everything related to games~

Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Postby Eccs » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:17 pm

Two months after the America release, it has finally been released here in upside down country of Australia. I would have probably posted on the release date if I wasn't so glued to the 3DS. Been addicted to this game not to the point that Roll has been though. So far...I have been bring the DS to work for the 3 week days after the release and been squeezing in those minutes to play during my lunch break and while going and to and from work on the bus. For once I like not driving to work /no1 yay for public transport giving me more fire emblem time.

Just one thing I am noticing is it just me or is it just ridiculously easy to level anything that has a heal stick or something? Lissa was my first character to 20 and by like quiet a lot of levels /swt2. I remember clerics/monks/priests used to take a lot longer to level up compared to combat characters. Might be the way I have been using a heal stick for even the most minor flesh wounds though that may have contributed to her the super fast leveling.

Anyway back to Fire emblem as I don't have that much of lunch break left and there are undead to grind into protein shakes for my army.
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby RollCasket » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:49 am

Well Eccs I will say that there is a sort of "level cap" not in the fact that you can't level anymore but at the point that you stop getting any decent exp regardless of the level of monster (even the super dlc ones) and will only give a max of 8 exp (before any bonus like paragon or veteran). BUT...while the healers have that same problem there is ONE exception that I think is possibly not intended, and that's the amazing Rescue staves. For whatever reason, even when other healing staves also reach this cap of exp, Rescue does not...of course aside from the amazing ability to pull party members around at will.

Amazingly I had actually been slowing down on my playtime for it...at least until the Limit Break dlc came and I had to get that for my main team members and level them up to reach the new stat caps. So far only 1 character has reached the new max cap, my godlike Morgan with a 418 rating.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n55 ... fe2e8e.jpg

I really enjoy the powering up and full customization of your units, my teams have been pretty different all 3 playthroughs. I recently broke over 201 hours played and still have more to finish maxing everyone out =P Of course I always have a good surge of playing when new dlc comes out also lol.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Eccs » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:44 pm

Hmm at the moment I am still deciding what to put together really, I haven't managed to get that far into the game managing only 20 hrs @_@. At least it isn't too hard to farm money up since those reeking boxes means I can just summon up monsters that drop money. But so far I am stumped a side story has opened in the middle of the ocean and I cant get to it. Only up to Chapter 15 atm so I am not sure if I unlocked it before I should have.

Still having to decide what characters I want to pair up and how to make a nasty army super solider of children. Reminds me of the days in uni @_@ selective breeding and genetics. Hopefully I will be able to get more hours in this weekend.
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby RollCasket » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:27 pm

You can open up any of the Bonus Maps at any point but you can only actually play them after you get to "Endgame". So don't worry about about doing it too late or anything. The Prologues (side missions) and Paralogues (kid missions) can be done whenever you want.

My first playthrough I just paired units who I thought went well together and wasn't really worried about the "perfect team". On the 2nd I put sort of "like minded" types together, casters with casters, melee with melee, etc. Then on this final playthrough I literally have a text file where I took probably a few hours to plan out exactly who I wanted to pair with who for the skills and stats I wanted. Even still, there is no "perfect" set of pairings since you can customize so many ways with different skills and classes it's really up to you. I will say though to get a "super" Morgan like mine you have to have your avatar marry one of the children (mine married Nah) for the highest stats possible.

For a few other pointers, children inherit the LAST skill of each parent so you can also move skills around when needed. The kid isn't "finalized" until you actually do the stage to get them so you have all the time you need to get the parents set. As a general rule you usually want to pass down "gender specific" skills whenever possible since a female can't be a warrior/berserker or a male can't be a falcon knight or more importantly a dark flier (to get the amazing Galeforce). Though there are two kids which aren't as good as the others, basically the whole set of "2nd gen" characters are all amazingly good.

Finally, though you're passed it now but if you wanted to marry Chrom to someone else you have to do it before chapter 11 because by that chapter he'll automatically go with whoever he has the highest support with. For my final setup I put him with Olivia, and do to that you literally have to keep every other girl (except Lissa) away from him then on that chapter you get Olivia have her dance for him (haha) over and over and over again =P

The best site I've seen for basically anything you could want is . It does well to hide spoilers as well so there's no worry there. Of course if there's any questions ya got I can easily answer as well.
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Eccs » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:22 pm

Hmm yeah I kinda realized that as part of my play though though the only person who has actually gotten married so far is Chrom so far. But the tactic I have mainly been using is pairing my dark riders with a survivable close combat class Character usually and that seems to be pretty sweet for me at the moment. Chrom/Sumia, Chroms Daughters, My Avatar (Yes I picked a girl)/Donnel. Donnel is probably my most BS character I have atm still using a bronze sword and killing second classes very effectively /omg, anything with armor is dealt with with his critical iron sword pretty much /swt2. (I am guessing cause I went 1-30 villager, 1-15 Merc [all stats were maxed except hp and res by 11 @_@], Hero)

Most of the other characters I tend to use seem to be pretty good just waltzing around by themselves, Tharja is a goddess with Nosferatu /rice. Candy thief Gaius is pretty awesome as an assassin. He accidentally killed Walhart /grr before I could pick up that last treasure chest since he was in attack range. Why did you have to proc lethality /omg bad Candy thief.

Not sure if it something to do with unlucky/bad stat rolls but both Gaius and Vaike are making better bowman than Volke despite him being your initial archer/sniper. He has fairly low speed plus Vaike and Gaius seem to have similar if not better strength anyway.

I am sad to say this but, I have not used my General at all /shy my previously prized general now is just too damn squishy against those pesky mages. I will probably work on beefing up their res by class changes and stuff later but atm cbb too hard. Maybe if I can reclass to paladin it might get more resistant they seem to take magic damage alright.
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby Kerreth » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:03 pm

This seemed to be the most appropriate place to put this.

If you have Fire Emblem Awakening, or were planning to buy at, AND you were thinking about getting Shin Megami Tensei 4, Club Nintendo is running a promotion.

, it doesn't matter when you got FE:A. Early adopters are in on the promotion too, as long as you do the survey by 8/31. Digital purchases count as well, as long as you link your 3DS eShop account to your Club Nintendo account (done by opening the eShop on your 3DS and going into settings); the games will register to your Club Nintendo account on purchase.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby hrist » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:18 am

I need to get this game I wish I wasent so poor I'm stuck with my Old Fire Elblems, but it's a good way to cattch up on teh series : D

hrist
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Pie » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:59 am

I know this is semi off topic, but has anyone picked up Shin Megami Tensei 4 yet?! =D
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:55 am

Yeah me and The Nesta got SMT4, also, bad Pie for not just starting a new thread =P

He's played more then me, but even with my experience in other rpgs and other SMT games, this game is ball bustingly hard. To the point that even if you don't have balls, it'll find a way to bust them.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Previous

Return to Gamer's Paradise