[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Modern vs. Classic
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Modern vs. Classic

Everything related to games~

Re: Modern vs. Classic

Postby RollCasket » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:56 am

Love it, and also love it. Link to the past was my fav Zelda so I'm looking forward to it. The weird flat 2D gimmick is a lil weird, but more ways to solve puzzles and stuff is never a bad thing. There was a lot of games on the Nintendo Direct that I'm looking forward to though.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Alexx » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:19 am

Yeah, certainly looking forward to that! I'm a little afraid of the whole retro revolution we're in, but we'll see. Seems like the thing with making older games like that is that they try to make the best retro game they can, rather than trying to make the best game they can. But Nintendo has some different standards, so we'll see. (I'm mostly thinking of Mega Man 9 and 10 and how they think "retro" means "Mega Man 2 was the best so lets take out the slide.")
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby thatonesniperguy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:05 pm

thatonesniperguy
Archer LV 63/45
Archer  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:48 am

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby RollCasket » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:04 am

"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Alexx » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby thatonesniperguy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:40 pm

thatonesniperguy
Archer LV 63/45
Archer  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:01 am

@Alexx: Well what I meant about replaying it, I'm not just talking back then when it was new, also replayed Maverick Hunter X, and X 1-6 through the X Collection (literally about a month ago replayed a few of them). Where (since I have a card for my DS) I have the Zero Collection and STILL haven't replayed them even though I have an easy convenient way to do so. Like I said, I enjoyed them, but they just didn't stick with me enough. Even ZX I think it was?It was one of them that has the Aile and you have an X armor but it's just not that same.

@sniper: Noooooo! X is totally cooler than Zero! That's what I was talking about lol. "Who's cooler" opinions aside, I would love any game in the X series period, and I guess from the Zero series if I had to, lol. I talked about it in a more general Mega Man thread but I don't think Capcom has any idea what to do with Mega Man as a franchise anymore x.x I hope with this being the year of his 25th anniversary they can figure SOMETHING out...
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby thatonesniperguy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:20 pm

thatonesniperguy
Archer LV 63/45
Archer  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:11 pm

RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise