[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Ragnarok Online 2
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Ragnarok Online 2

Everything related to games~

Ragnarok Online 2

Postby RollCasket » Wed May 15, 2013 2:13 am

With the minimal amount of free time I've had lately I've been sinking it into this. Obviously nostalgia plays a big role in my overall enjoyment and fascination with the game, but I think on it's own as a F2P game it certainly isn't bad. Of course many of the old monsters are there, and many of the classes as well. I think the game overall looks pretty great, and definitely cute all around.

There are plenty of bugs here and there, though nothing has been too terribly bad or game breaking so far. There are some issues with looting, targeting/tab-targeting, but the worst one is with the dungeon finder. If you've used the one in WoW, basically you select your role, a specific dungeon (or random) que up and in you go. Well, this isn't quite up to that speed yet. First, since you can't pick a specific dungeon, sometimes it places you in a dungeon group that is too high or too low level for you. Sometimes when this happens it doesn't let you into the dungeon at all, sometimes it does, and either way you don't want anything to do with it regardless. I've also had it be bugged out in some way which I'm still not sure how it happened but nobody could port in at all. One time I also had it put me into one that just finished...why I don't know. Finally, leaving for any reason, even if it's bugged, results in the wonderful 30 min deserter debuff, fun.

Still, despite lfd problems, when I've done dungeons and just playing in general I've had fun. The update which should just finished apparently just implemented a Coliseum which has PvP and PvM and both sides compete for points and try to stay in as long as possible. Apparently it's supposed to even out both sides with all levels...but seeing how lfd already doesn't do that correctly we'll see lol.

In any case, random screenshots time! First current armor for my knight.

Taking a flight path

The Rocker band rockin out

And finally, my favorite npc
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Ragnarok Online 2

Postby RollCasket » Wed May 15, 2013 2:17 am

Ah, prolly woulda also helped to add in info...

It's in the screenshots but two of my characters are Galeforce and Cuttlefish, with of course others started for the other classes. Guild is Conquest and anyone is free to join up, so far Mistaque has her archer there and The Nesta has a character as well along with a few others of my friends.

I forgot to mention the Khara quests also which is basically an achievement system and helps to get you some extra exp, profession exp, and/or titles which give stats. It also helps to give you extra stuff to do in between quests.
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Kerreth » Wed May 15, 2013 11:46 pm

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Thu May 16, 2013 1:46 am

RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Sun May 19, 2013 4:40 pm

I'm happy you guys are having fun playing R02 together. =) Thanks for the screenshots Roll! My brother and his friend are playing it too. He's telling me there's some serious latency issues too; so bad in fact that it's actually smoother playing the SEA version. '_'

My brother told me a few things about the game that sounded kinda interesting. I think it kinda sucks that Blacksmith and Alchemists are only professions now instead of being actual classes, but I'm really happy at least you can always wear the outfits as you battle! =D I always loved the idea of there being classes in a game that aren't typical battle classes like a Baker and a Clown. I think it's so awesome that Clowns can upgrade into a Sage in the Dragon Quest series! XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Sun May 19, 2013 9:37 pm

RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Gamer's Paradise