Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

OH YEEEAH New Guilty Gear!

Everything related to games~

OH YEEEAH New Guilty Gear!

Postby Alexx » Sun May 19, 2013 5:52 pm

They call it Guilty Gear Xrd. With a name that crazy, you know it's Guilty Gear! I dunno what I'm looking forward to the most - the new game, or the new music!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Re: OH YEEEAH New Guilty Gear!

Postby Adol The Red » Sun May 19, 2013 6:13 pm

All I can say is HELL FREAKING YES!! I can't wait for this and the six other versions with minor variations. I hope they put out some video of other characters when they can.
Epic drums, brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Sun May 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Yeah I saw the trailer right when I woke up and I am so full of hype, lol. They did bulk up Sol a bit too much and gave Ky that weird ponytail...but I don't care, instant buy for me =P
ImageIcon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Alexx » Mon May 20, 2013 7:02 am

Adol The Red wrote:All I can say is HELL FREAKING YES!! I can't wait for this and the six other versions with minor variations. I hope they put out some video of other characters when they can.

Yeah, I'm calling it now: Guilty Gear Xrdst will be next, followed by Guilty Gear Xrdnd and Guilty Gear Xrd Cockloaded Burst Reversal (that'll be the one with the remade music and five new Robo Kys).

RollCasket wrote:Yeah I saw the trailer right when I woke up and I am so full of hype, lol. They did bulk up Sol a bit too much and gave Ky that weird ponytail...but I don't care, instant buy for me =P

Yeah, and Sol looks to have gotten a new sword from somewhere as well! Somehow it looks even MORE like a lighter. I wonder if the weapons of the two main guys have been modified or if they're new? They may ACTUALLY continue the story in this one!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby ThePaul » Mon May 20, 2013 8:34 am

What? No comments on how they're doing that CG-anime look (although since it's a video game, I should call it cell shading, but this is Guilty Gear, so tough) and it actually doesn't even look that bad. Hell, I might even say it looks really good, or at the very least works for this series.

Anyone else get a little chubby when they clashed swords and the perspective went all matrix? /no1
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Alexx » Mon May 20, 2013 10:41 am

ThePaul wrote:What? No comments on how they're doing that CG-anime look (although since it's a video game, I should call it cell shading, but this is Guilty Gear, so tough) and it actually doesn't even look that bad. Hell, I might even say it looks really good, or at the very least works for this series.

Anyone else get a little chubby when they clashed swords and the perspective went all matrix? /no1

Ya know, I didn't even notice! Thought it was still sprite based.

I DO love me some sprites, but when it looks this good I can't complain! They've come a long way with the cell-shaded look (if that's what that is) and when it comes to 3D graphics, I think that'll always be my preferred look.
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby RollCasket » Mon May 20, 2013 12:07 pm

Alexx wrote:Yeah, and Sol looks to have gotten a new sword from somewhere as well! Somehow it looks even MORE like a lighter. I wonder if the weapons of the two main guys have been modified or if they're new? They may ACTUALLY continue the story in this one!

Yeah actually if you look at the sword in the trailer at 1:33 you will see the patent number on sol's sword, the patent date is Jan.15 2187 which is one one year after Overture which takes place 2186. So yeah, continuation of story.

As Paul said it's cell-shaded, not sprite-based. I forget exactly how long but the last KoF took them forever because of having to make new sprites and animations for everyone. I think this is a decent alternative that still looks good enough. It is a bit saddening though cause GG was like the fighting game that showed 2D could still be awesome, but oh well, like I said it still looks good enough.

But speaking of clashes, looks like it's a little different in the game, stronger hits winning out and the same resulting in both being knocked back. Wonder if it'll stay in that way.
ImageIcon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Adol The Red » Mon May 20, 2013 8:40 pm

I'm interested to see what the overture characters look like in a traditional fighting game. If they decide to put them in.
Epic drums, brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Pie » Tue May 21, 2013 2:17 pm

It's been forever since I last played a Guilty Gear game... I think the last one I played was Accent Core XX. I was really impressed to learn the new one's actually cel shaded models and not sprites. o_o It looks soooo good! I guess they're not too far into development since they only really showed Sol and Key, huh?
Pie
High Archer LV 63/45
High Archer  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Tue May 21, 2013 7:43 pm

Pie wrote:It's been forever since I last played a Guilty Gear game... I think the last one I played was Accent Core XX. I was really impressed to learn the new one's actually cel shaded models and not sprites. o_o It looks soooo good! I guess they're not too far into development since they only really showed Sol and Key, huh?

Yeah it sounds like it's VERY early in development. Hopefully it doesn't die off at some point. There isn't even a wikipedia article for it yet, so I dunno how much information is out there yet.
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise