[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Cancelled Megaman Maverick Hunter
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Cancelled Megaman Maverick Hunter

Everything related to games~

Cancelled Megaman Maverick Hunter

Postby Pie » Wed May 22, 2013 2:16 pm

This is kinda old news. I was meaning to post a topic on this, but forgot. Keiji Inafune and ex-Retro people (Metroid Prime) were at work on a serious Megaman X reboot that got cancelled before it was revealed by Capcom. It looks okay to me visually, but I think it's still an interesting concept. =) Retro Studios did very awesome on the Metroid franchise so I wonder how this game would have turned out.

Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Re: Cancelled Megaman Maverick Hunter

Postby thatonesniperguy » Wed May 22, 2013 10:19 pm

Wow...I've had this idea for years, but I had no clue someone was actually working on this...

The art looks meh to me, but the gameplay looks awesome. If they stuck a little closer to the original design, it would be a sure buy for me...

...Not that it matters now that it's cancelled...
thatonesniperguy
Archer LV 63/45
Archer  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Thu May 23, 2013 6:26 am

Looks neat, but it looks as neat as any other game that might look like this. Not really sure what would have made it "Mega Man X." They coulda slapped any name on there. There's a certain point where people try to bring a game into the "new generation" and only manage to make a "new generation game" rather than a new version of an old game. Granted, it's totally debatable - I mean what REALLY makes it Mega Man X?

Personally I'd say the Zero and ZX series are more the style of keeping the idea of Mega Man while doing new things. This game would have been neat I guess...but the shooters don't excite me as much, and as a Mega Man X game it just doesn't interest me at all. But who knows? I may have loved it! Just might not have loved it as a Mega Man X game.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Pie » Thu May 23, 2013 12:36 pm

I agree with you guys that art-wise, the presented material didn't look to interesting. It was rather lacking in flavor and color; not only that, but the weapons shown in the videos didn't feel right either. Just the fact that they use material ammo is very non Megaman. The game however was probably still in very early production so you never know how it might have turned out, not to mention that as I said, the development team behind it were ex-Retro Studios people. I remember people feeling off about Metroid Prime when it was first revealed to be a first person shooter, but it ended up fantastic! XD

As for how the game relates to Megaman X, I'm pretty sure the article describes how it was supposed to be a trilogy revolving around Megaman characters and that you play Zero in the third game and have to kill Megaman... again. XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Tehwilburforce » Thu May 23, 2013 1:01 pm

I saw this a while ago. By god, it looked amazing. I'm surprised Capcom tanked it, considering they're more into making action and shooty games lately. If anything, I think fans who want more Mega Man should put more attention on this. This title could get a lot of people into Mega Man.

However, my only concern is that Capcom would use this as another excuse to gauge fan interest in Mega Man. If Mav Hunter were to do well, say they make another Mega Man classic or maybe even reboot Legends as a result. My doubt lies in whether all of those people who played Maverick Hunter would even want to play a classic or Legends reboot. Did they buy Maverick Hunter for Mega Man or did they get it because they like FPS games? Metroid Prime, I think, did well with the Metroid fanbase, mostly, and wasn't popular just because it was an FPS. If Mav Hunter gets brought back, I hope the same thing happens for it, because if Capcom were to use it to gauge fan interest in Mega Man, they'd better hope people are buying the game because they like Mega Man.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Return to Gamer's Paradise