[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Breath of Fire 6...
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Breath of Fire 6...

Everything related to games~

Breath of Fire 6...

Postby RollCasket » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:00 am

If you haven't heard, BoF6 was announced...as a fucking mobile game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... martphones

Capcom, you used to be one of my favorite companies. Now, you've killed Mega Man on his 25th birthday, and are now killing Breath of Fire with 6 being a stupid mobile phone shovelware POS. The icing on the cake is that the screenshot showed some guy with a sword and RED hair, fans will know what I'm talking about.

All of my sadness... /sob
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Breath of Fire 6...

Postby Adol The Red » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:18 am

Great going there Capcom. My first instinct is to take a wait and see approach, to hope it'll be a normal BoF game despite the platform. But the exclusivity to mobile devices tells me it won't be. Otherwise they could at least do a 3DS version. Since as of now they don't seem to be doing that, I'll just assume it won't be living up to the expectations of longtime BoF fans.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Alexx » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:06 pm

I...I just...yeah, whatever. Okay Capcom, we understand you've gone bonkers. You've shown that just short of smacking yourself in the head with a squeaky hammer and running your finger up and down your lips. But come on...you wana put things on phones and tablets, fine. Just make something new. You know none of your solid fanbase for that game is gona want a damned phone or tablet game. Who are you selling this to?

Ah. AHHH. Uh. BUH. Stop it. Stop it Capcom. STOP IT.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Kerreth » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:07 am

I'm gonna put this simply:

What?

No, that's not directed at Capcom, that's directed at you all. All that's known about the game is that it'll be on mobile devices, and PC, and be online. NOTHING ELSE. Assuming that a title'll be a POS just because it's on mobile is, to put it bluntly, stupid. Until more is known about the game, it's too early for everyone's undies to be in a twist.

Now, when it's revealed to be a microtransaction pushing game of tap the timers, THEN we can be outraged. But not sooner.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:55 am

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby ThePaul » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:19 am

If they're older now, I'm going to have to assume they have some sort of smart phone. It's 2013 people, get with the program or the evil overlord of phone service will eat you.

Though, there's no doubt that the decision to put it on mobile immediately is a move to increase profit. Still too early to see if this will carry on into actual game play, though. I can't imagine them not make the more hard core elements toggle-able (if even there). Putting it on PC as well makes me think they'll keep the micro-transactions to a minimum, but I'm no Capcomologist.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby RollCasket » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:29 pm

I think my stance right now is cautious pessimism. I know nothing of the actual game, but at the moment I can't see this going well. I'm not saying it can't, just that I don't expect it to. If it turns out to be good I certainly won't die on this hill. Of course, I'll be unlikely to play it since I never seem to want to play games when I'm at my computer, and 2013 or no I just don't have room in my budget for a smart phone or tablet.

Either way we'll all just have to wait and see.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Alexx » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby ThePaul » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:47 am

According to Wikipedia, there have been a couple JP only mobile BoF games, but those were all card games or action RP type games (so BoF in name and story only).
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Return to Gamer's Paradise