[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Pokemon X & Y
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Pokemon X & Y

Everything related to games~

Re: Pokemon X & Y

Postby Bear » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:34 am

OMG! I'm trading with Eccs RIGHT NOW! He gave us a level 1 Fennekin, Elekid and Surskit! I feel bad because only have Pokemon that are...like low level and probably common >_< Like... a Litleo, Pancham and Flabebe XD I didn't even know you could get level 1 starter Pokemon! How is that even possible??

Thanks Eccs <3

If anyone has Pokemon they are looking for, say so on here! Pie and I would like to get a Tepig, if they happen to be in this version~

*edits because I'm Freaking Out Right Now™
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Eccs » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:47 am

Hahaha its fine I'm not expecting to get anything that I don't already have. Just giving you a couple of extra Pokemon clogging up box space. I would have given other stuff but I don't really want to ruin the game by giving you Pokemon that are too strong. Hope you enjoy them /no1
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby RollCasket » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:50 am

Yeah they're level 1 because they've been hatched from an egg from breeding. I have all 3 starters and Squirtle for breeding atm and Charmander soon. Need a Bulbasaur next so I can breed him too...could totally do an all starter team lol.

Also, Wonder Trade can be pretty awesome for filling up the dex with stuff you don't have, it's pretty addicting even when you get junk cause every now and then you strike gold.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Eccs » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:51 am

Also might have to wait until after christmas for tepig. Pokebank won't be available till then. I'm pretty sure that it's not available since people are posting legendaries on GTS with starter from black/white 1/2
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby Bear » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:55 am

Haha, yeah, I appreciate that =D I think maybe I'll stock up on some Skitterbugs though to trade them because apparently the Vivillon has a pattern that changes based on the geographic region that they originate from? I think? Or maybe I'll just level em up to 12 quickly so I can have vivillons ready to go so people can see their patterns.

Maybe I should check out the Y specific 'mons so I can have stuff ready for X players~ I was pretty lucky today too, I got a shiny Gulpin, though I'm not sure how rare he is. Found him in my first random horde battle~

So far I'm enjoying the game more than I expected, not that I didn't expect to have fun, but actually being able to trade with people globally is REALLY AWESOME. Back in the old days when I owned Blue, I knew like... 1 other person to play with lol It's so cool using the O-Powers on people and stuff...I was in a random battle once and some passerby just hit me with an EXP boost! It's really neat hehe
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:17 am

Just realized I only have Exp Point Power lvl 1, lulz...I'm guessing Senoia is you Bear?

Also, don't remember if it was mentioned but don't save in or around Lumiose City. It's that big annoying town in the center. It's been known to crash people's games to the point that they have to start over. If it DOES happen someone said mashing the Home button to go in and out a ton can fix it though I wouldn't risk it in the first place lol.

Edit: Oh, but yeah all the new features and such are great...you missed out on the GTS being put in, but what's even better is now you can trade and battle (and give those nice new O-Powers) from anywhere, when before you had to go to the GTS building or on top of any Pokemon center for local wi-fi stuff. They really added a lot of quality of life improvements all around.
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:02 pm

Yeah, our character is Senoia. My OCD does not do me very many favors in this game. The obsession to try and keep Pokemon at the same level is pretty intense lol. I think I will settle on a team or two for now, now that my roster is looking pretty healthy. The Fenekin and Elekid are pretty OP though, Eccs. What sort of super fuel did you force feed them while they were still within the egg?!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Dunno if he did but maybe he did the EV training for it ahead of time? Of course starters in general have pretty good growth so that may just be it. To be honest, any pokemon you intend on using is probably more important to max out whatever EVs instead of level them up. Through the EXP Share and everything else you'll level your pokemon pretty easily. EVs though will just be thrown in at random depending on what you're fighting and you'll have to use a Reset Bag if you want to fix em.

EV training isn't REALLY needed, but it does give a statistical edge and is why a trained pokemon at say level 50 is way better then the same pokemon in the wild at 50. With this pokemon game they brought it down to those lil mini-games, which makes it much easier and much less annoying.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Eccs » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:04 pm

I havent done anything with them, just bred the Electabuzzes I got fresh out of from safari to get the Elekid, the Fennekin is probably a bit OP since its been taught end game skills like Psyshock/Psychic/Flamethrower.

I havent really gotten around to EV training. Just to add to that I got completely trashed by some guy who wanted to battle me. It did not got well since I didn't realize you cant change team once you accept /swt2. I was hatching eggs/evolving random Pokemon and farming money from battle chateau. (Amulet Coin + Prize money O power is pretty cheaty those rich people help fun my style grinding)

Ended up fighting with pretty much only my Charizard which didn't last long
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby Soeroah » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:35 pm

Note: Pokemon in the Friend Safari will always have two random Perfect IV scores, so there's a small chance any Pokemon you bred from a capture there will have above-average base stats.

Speaking of which, once I finish the game, I need to find someone whose safari has Dittos!
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise