[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - MMLegends "Successor" Kickstarter!! XD
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

MMLegends "Successor" Kickstarter!! XD

Everything related to games~

MMLegends "Successor" Kickstarter!! XD

Postby Pie » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:12 pm

Hey guys, I know this is semi-old news, but in case you hadn't heard, Inafune and Comcept are Kickstarting both a and an called Red Ash that sounds and looks very similar to how Megaman Legends was. Even two of the main characters are named Beck and Call in relation to Mighty No.9, similar to Rock and Roll in MML and the MM series. XD

I know the funding will probably pass, but I'm really disappointed about how little funding and attention they seem to have gotten. >.< The more they're funded, the more content and deeper they both will be. They're only at half their minimum goal for both but it's sad to see that the minimum result of the anime will only be "preproduction and a five minute episode." ;_; The design for both look so great and interesting; I really wish for the best result for both as much as possible. I can't help but to be concerned about the possibility of them not making it to their minimum goal too because this is our chance to have something similar to MML again; if it doesn't make it through, people in the industry might end up thinking "oh, it was a nice idea, but people don't want this type of game anymore." -_- So, if you're a fan of MML and if you hadn't heard of the kickstater, please check it out and spread the news! =D
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Re: MMLegends "Successor" Kickstarter!! XD

Postby InSanor » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:35 am

It really seems to be something truly awesome and I hope that project comes true. (And curse myself for not being a milionare, so I could give all my money to fund this) I will do what I can to spread the news of this arround.

They even added some steampunk on it, which is like the second best thing in the world! Right after cyberpunk. This is going straight on the top list of things I want to see and play in near future. Thanks from the sharing, since I had no idea something so awesome was arround.
Life is like a game. Now to find a good macro I can use..
InSanor
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Postby ThePaul » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:49 am

From what I've gathered, lurking around on the Internet, a lot of the people that should be backing this game are doing it because of Mighty Number 9 not being out yet. They don't think they should be starting on another game before MN9 comes out, or they don't want to put their money and faith in another project until they touch MN9 to see that, yeah, these guys can make a video game, or they don't think MN9 actually looks good based on what little we've seen, or they think these guys should make their next game on the sales of Mighty Number 9, and shouldn't be using Kickstarter again. Of course, most of that isn't how any of this Video Game stuff actually works, but don't tell them that. They're gonna rage.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Pie » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:42 pm

@ThePaul- Yeah, I've read that about why people are hesitant to backing, but I think Inafune's team has actually done rather well on delivering. The game's come so far and seems well on its road to being done, unlike so many other kickstarter games. o_< I think People need to realize too that this is a real opportunity and important moment in MML successor..ness. I mean, Inafune's team has delivered pretty well so far and it's not like it's odd for a head of a team to juggle multiple projects at once, can't people put faith in him? He hasn't failed us yet. For those who are unhappy with how MightyNo.9 turned out so far, they were probably just expecting a little too much of a different vision of what Inafune had. o_<

Anyhow, thank you guys for responding on the topic. XD I so want this to happen! I know it's lazy, but I'm thinking of using the opening topic of this thread on my next blog post to boost Red Ash awareness. XD It pretty much says what I want to say to everyone out there who reads the comic too. ^^ I know it's lazy, but I think it makes sense. /swt2
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby ThePaul » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:53 pm

Go ahead and do it. And add in a little bit of your second post there, asking people to not be so hard on Inafune for already jumping back on the Kickstarter train. I mean, Might No. 9 is pretty much done at this point, and this is mostly a different team anyway. Maybe, Go through the FAQ at the bottom of the Red Ash kickstarter, and figure out all them different things. It can't really hurt.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Kerreth » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:29 pm

I don't really blame anyone for waiting for Mighty No. 9 to be in their hands before they want to put more money into another Kickstarter from the same person. Heck, I would if I were backing either. I disagree with the notion that they shouldn't be using KS because they already used it though.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Jasae Bushae » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:42 am

I joined just so I can say that...Im actually one of the people not backing it. ^^;
I was never a big fan of Megaman Legends (though Misadventures of Tron Bonne was a game I greatly enjoyed) And there really was nothing shown to give me incentive or interest in backing it. Maybe if Call was playable from the start I would jump in, but helping to invest nearly four million in Mighty to get robocall for one stage...I doubt she is going to pop up. Theres nothing shown to make me believe this game will be better than the Legends games, and since I wasn't a big fan of those....

I will say though, a probable factor in why this is having more trouble than the original might simply be because it isn't as recognizable. Alot of people picked up Mighty No 9 because just looking at the image, you can tell right off the bat that it is based on a Megaman game and uses platforming. Megaman despite the quality of recent games, is still recognized as one of the greatest videogame characters of all time, and just being associated with that brand recognition is enough for most people to back it simply because their fans of Megaman.

Megaman Legends...Doesn't have quite that same recognition, and the games premise is not one that people know as universally as Megaman himself. And Red Ash is completely different in many ways. The character wears red instead of blues which while offering a much more original and interesting look to the character, also takes away any resemblance to Megaman and even the Beck of mighty no 9.
Even the promotional video is very different. In the Mighty No 9 pitch, they used the entire thing to make Megaman references and boast 'we are bringing back Megaman!' and people who are fans of the hero jumped in for the sake of making this dream a reality. I know a number of people who backed it simply because they know Megaman, though they had never played a megaman game in their lives.

With Red Ash, they don't make any connections to Megaman legends except once as a throwaway about attempting a similar game but it 'didn't receive the recognition or resolution it deserved' Instead, they focus on it being a game inspired by anime, with their main promotion being storyboard footage and voice acting. They emphasize the character design and artwork, but never show us any gameplay. Their kickstarter page boasts that it is different from any other action RPG
"myriad of elements to set this game apart from your typical RPG--specifically, bargaining between partners, interaction with NPCs, an almost mischievous sense of freedom, and dungeons built with elements of horror."
Except...All of those elements have been a part of action RPGs in the past. I know they want to make this an anime as well, but their really doing nothing to sell this game for people who would be looking at this game as wholly original (which their pitching as its own thing) and nothing shown really sells its premise as being especially exciting.

I can understand why they did this though. Inafune is probably nearly done with Mighty and wanted to jump right into another project without having to let anyone go. The art side of things is probably already done so he could utilize them to work on this title, but the programming and development side are doubtless still at work on Mighty. That said...The one thing that would best promote Red Ash would be Mighty, and since it is not out yet, trying to sell yourself on brand recognition is difficult to do without the use of shoutouts to either Mighty or Mega.
I mean, there are some here and there. Like Tyger is obviously based on Teisel Bonne, but...

Im sure this game will reach its goal in the end, and I might even pitch some money in if it looks like it will fail otherwise, but im just not as excited about it as I am at the prospect of a megaman-esque sidescroller for the sake of Megaman.
Jasae Bushae
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Jasae Bushae » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:59 am

Huh...So in the end, the game is getting studio backing, and the kickstarter is being used with the goal of making Tyger playable, a challenge mode and most shockingly, a new game mode where you play as Call whose trying to rebuild the city...
I...Think I have to back this game just for the sake of that city reconstruction game.

Looks like alot of people are pulling money out of it though. O.o
Jasae Bushae
Undeclared
Undeclared

Return to Gamer's Paradise