[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - E3 2018 Games you're excited for!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

E3 2018 Games you're excited for!

Everything related to games~

E3 2018 Games you're excited for!

Postby The Lich Tree » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:00 pm

Well a few of these games i've well been excited about way before e3 but e3 showed some that i'm just super hyped for (but not too much hype, must not repeat mistakes) anyways lets get into this!

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
fromsoftwares new game, i'm super pumped. it looks like samurai souls with bloodborne speed and it's got a grappling hook. looks amazing!

Dying Light 2
Dying light 1, was probably the best zombie game to ever exist. this one has chris avellone working as narrative designer. for anyone who doesn't know who chris avellone is should take a look at planescape torment and wonder why people play a game that is like a book. you could also take a look at fallout new vegas. chris avellone is the man of story telling in games, most projects he works on are pretty damn good. now aside from his praise. you can kick people off ledges while swinging on bars. the parkour in dying light 2 is gonna be good and even better if they throw the grappling hook in again. i have no doubt for this game.

Devil May Cry 5 (edit* microtransactions in singleplayer games = no.)
Now this trailer was kind of cringy, but i mean devil may cry's style hasn't aged on me well. but this is no DmC 2, this is devil may cry 5, the mainline continuation of devil may cry after 4. you play as nero, dante, and apparently a new mysterious character that can summon demons. it's gonna be fun.

Dragon Quest XI
Now for the first time since 2005 we get another mainline dragon quest game on console (but we also get it on pc!). this, this right here is insta buy. i really loved dragon quest ever since Dragon Quest VIII on the ps2.

Metro Exodus
this isn't so much as an insta buy, infact on my list of games this might be something ill pick up on sale down the line. i really like the metro games, i think thier story is great, but for me they're rather short experiences with not much replayability so i don't really jump the gun on these games. but i will play it, one day!

Dreams
This ps4 exclusive will be a must buy, media molecule are responsible for games such as little big planet 1 and 2 and tearaway. there is no darting around this game, media molecule are godly and the deserve high respect. anyone who has played thier games will understand why.

CyberPunk 2077
this is a game that has my interest but i don't think i'm gonna pick it up on launch. cdprojektred has built thier company on the witcher games but they had narrative to draw from, so there is no telling if cyberpunk will fall flat, only time will tell and im not eager to jump on the hype train. but im holding out some hope for it and i really want to see more. They have plenty of time to change my mind.

(edit) - after hearing some discussions on cyberpunk 2077 i was greatly at a mistake, they have alot of source matieral to pull from and not only that seems like everyone who got to see the gameplay demo in private said that there is no game like it, it's just apparently amazing. yongyea did a whole video talking about it for an hour. so i'm on the full hype train now lol

Death Stranding
Now this is a game i'm super interested in, the e3 gameplay footage shown sparked the "oh it's a walking sim" from people. obviously this is the footage hideo kojima wants to show, it shows off the game engine and how the game looks. but the fact all it showed was walking? of course thats all he showed, but anyone with a brain knows kojima isnt dumb enough to make a walking simulator because a walking simulator does not make a good game. you can't give your hand away so easily, he's building curiosity and hype so when the game comes out and we play it the whole experience will blow our fucking minds to shit. or maybe i'm wrong. but i really doubt someone like kojima is only making a walking sim and showing off a walking sim at e3. he can't be that dumb, its more than that, the cryptic fuck.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Now i've got some hype for this, spyro in hd? hell yeah. this is something i may get but im gonna watch reviews on it after it comes out.

and i think that wraps it up? if i missed any game I was interested in, i'll be sure to add it!

and more importantly, what are you excited for?! and why!
Last edited by The Lich Tree on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Re: E3 2018 Games you're excited for!

Postby Alanzi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:32 pm

I haven't followed E3 that much this year, but I did watch the 25-minutes Smash Bros. video, and it seems really fun. I played a ton of SSBBrawl with friends back in the day, before we all moved apart. Maybe the online play in this version will be good enough to get back together!
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Postby The Lich Tree » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:03 pm

I'm not a huge fan of smash because i suck hardcore at it, but i hope its something you will enjoy!
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Alanzi » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:55 am

Thanks Kain! Of the games you mentioned, I've only played the original Spyro series, and...Dante from DmC was in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale I guess? (which was Sony's response to Super Smash Bros.) I've got such a game backlog that I don't look at a lot of new things lately, unfortunately...
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Postby The Lich Tree » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:13 am

yeah the dante in playstation allstars was the one from the reboot by ninja theory called DmC. and a game backlog sucks, but honestly wish i was like that cause my issue is the opposite, i cant seem to find something to play. I'm eagerly awaiting september for spiderman, dragon quest 11, and spyro but i probably won't buy all of those games but still just one would make me immensely happy and not bored right now. (spoiler, im totally gonna buy dragon quest, no contest lol)
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby The Lich Tree » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:31 am

cyberpunk 2077 in original post was edited. opinions have changed some.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby InSanor » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:35 pm

Cyberpunk 2077 was everything I needed from E3, everything else was just a plus.
I've been a huge fan of cyberpunk genre since.. well forever, and we used to play the source game, Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop rpg a lot with my friends. So once I heard the rumors (2011-ish) and saw the first trailer (2012?) that there will be a videogame about it, I have been in hypetrain since then. Now, after 7 years I can almost taste it.. can you imagine my hype?

So far I love what I have seen/heard of it. They are taking as much from the original tabletop as they can, and respecting everything relevant in that game, (Might be because the original author of Cyberpunk 2020 is working with them..) but also giving something new to it. Night City will be brighter than it is in the tabletop game (It was ALWAYS raining, the sun never, ever penetrated the pollution cloud hanging above the city) to show that one can make a Cpunk game that is not dark looking (though the dark themes; violence, drugs, money, greed, betreyal etc. will be there) and I like how they decided to take that challenge. It will be interesting to go back into familiar, dark and dangerous future, but to see it look deceivingly brighter than I'm used to.

tl:dr hold my hand, tie me up.. I'm shaking too much from barely contained hype.
Life is like a game. Now to find a good macro I can use..
InSanor
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Postby The Lich Tree » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:07 am

It's cool that you have reasons to be excited for it other than just cdprojektreds fame, this will be the first cyberpunk thing i've actually played or gotten into as im not huge on a lot of sci-fi fantasy but something like this kind of has me really interested. i just hope they get people like perturbator or carpenter brut in on the music score. as i think thier music would be perfect for this kind of game. but if they dont because they want to stick thier guns to creating thier own music that would be ok. but im gonna blast some perturbator and carpenter brut when i drive around night city for sure.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Yak_Forger » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:11 am

Not sure if they talked about them at the E3 (but if they didn't, then they missed something important), but I'm really, REALLY waiting for Ace Combat 7, Metro Exodus and am planning to get Valkyria Chronicles 4 which is, if I'm not mistaken, already out.

The thing is that I'm planning to get a PS4 in the first months of 2019 after over a decade of PC-only gaming, and I'm trying to justify the significant purchase by finding as many games I'm genuinely interested in as possible... I haven't played a lot during the second half of 2018 because I was busy doing a huge research project for my company (6 months of eating articles like for a survey on real estate investments in Spain!) and couldn't affort a loss in productivity; to be honest, I made the mistake to buy Hearts of Iron IV this summer and had a hard time finding time to work lol.

Oh, and I do hope that the Girls und Panzer game gets translated for the international audience and that Azur Lane's PS4 game does get realised and published, that'd be great.
Yak_Forger
Novice LV 4/4
Novice  LV 4/4

Postby The Lich Tree » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:22 am

It's really hard to justify the purchase of a console as a pc gamer myself, it really comes down to exclusives for me and i have already decided this is my last and final console generation, i just hope fromsoftware doesn't make bloodborne 2 and force my hand. you're also getting a ps4 at the end of it's life cycle, it probably has a year or 2 at most. which sounds iffy on paper but might actually have been the smartest move you could of made, the ps4 hasn't had a consistent enough good library since launch and a lot of its life span has been spent gathering dust for me. they just don't pump out gems like they used to.

but as for console exclusives to ps4, i highly recommend Bloodborne, God of War 4, and Persona 5. they are the best titles that are exclusive to only playstation or at least the best titles in my opinion.

as for my most anticipated e3 list, since then i've dropped devil may cry 5, i don't care how non-intrusive microtransactions are in the game, i'm not supporting singleplayer games with mircotransactions. we already let them creep into multiplayer games and now we can't get rid of them. not singleplayer. enough is enough.

spyro looks like everything i could of ever have hoped it would be. i wanna get it, but im too knee deep in warframe and red dead redemption 2, and next month i'll be knee deep in the new path of exile league.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise