[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Dragon Quest 11
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Dragon Quest 11

Everything related to games~

Dragon Quest 11

Postby The Lich Tree » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:12 pm

I made this post when extremely tired so i deleted all the nonsense. but to give the short summery. do yourself a favor and play this game. it's really long, and it's really good.
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Re: Dragon Quest 11

Postby Pie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:45 pm

awww, what? XD I'm sure it would have still been something interesting. =) Dragon Quest 11 looks really pretty. I'm unsure if it's my kind of game though, even though I'm curious. I can't seem to stick with a DQ game for very long (my longest was 14 hours with 7). I REALLY tried to like the series when I was younger; I love the colorfulness and the feeling of Akira Toriyama's designs, but I just want more character than the detached dialogue of my party members than I'm used to from the franchise. -and I admit that though the symphonic soundtrack for the world is very classic DQ, I think it saps my energy; I don't think I have a thing for more classical style orchestrations (though I was really liking the music for DQ6 back in the day. '_'). DQ8 was neat from what I've seen though, so maybe I just gotta play the more recent stuff. I really enjoyed DQ3 on the GBA when I was small. There was a big draw to wanna check out DQ9 because you can make a girl hero, but I never had the chance to check it out. ^^ Maybe I'd be more excited to check it out if a girl hero was available. XD

ramble ramble ramble
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Alanzi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:57 pm

It didn't seem like nonsense to me, Lich Tree. It just made it very clear how much you love the game, hehe.
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Postby The Lich Tree » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:18 pm

yeah alanzi, but i was like REALLY tired when i wrote it. i worked a 7 am to 7pm shift woke up at 5 to get ready for it, stayed up when i got off till 4 am drinkin and playing warframe with pals, then wake up 4 hours later to my boss asking if me and my lady can work two separate houses. so i got to work for that shift at 9 and was there until 7pm. i was not in a clear head, although what i said was from the heart! it was also the ravings of a man whose brain was already dead. (insert fist of the north star meme)

pie, i've only played dragon quest 8, 9, and 11. and 8 was one of my favorite ps2 games of all time. i dont like turn based rpgs much, mainly stuff like final fantasy, their world design and stories never interested me. but the few handful i hold dear are skies of arcadia cause of some nostalgia on the dreamcast (only had the demo), chrono trigger, persona because of persona 5 (really need to play the older ones omg), and dragon quest because 8 sparked a very beautiful love. now i played dragon quest 9 and the character creation system was fun but i think because you could create your own party i just wasn't as invested in it as much as 8. 8 is the journey of a band of companions to stop an evil jester and to break the curse on the kingdom of trodain. it was a joyful experience because of the party of characters and thier personalities and there was some really heart felt moments through the story i still bawl my eyes out today over! and it just had amazing turns in the story!

now dragon quest 11. heh. its much like 8 in that regard, band of companions but instead of companions it's more like a party of your best buds and amazing friendships and adventures you form with them along the way. the game is chill. but dragon quest 11 shines from mediocrity (not saying its boring, its just nothing super special early on, still good though) around the 30-40 hour mark. like the good man tim rogers from the kotaku review said, "9/10ths of dragon quest 11 plot twists you can see from a mile coming, Then that tenth plot twist comes. The irregular rhythm of the darkness of a Dragon Quest game is a heck of a drug." you see thats the beauty of this amazing game i even knew it was coming from his review but it still amazed me! cause once you hit that point everything you thought dragon quest 11 is, is shattered. its still that turn based rpg from the start but now the twists just hit you in the face harder than a brick and you crave more. and they just keep coming. although i do admit, finally being at the final boss i have no desire to beat him, mainly cause im level 70 and feel i would at least need to be level 80 to fight him with not a lot of effort. and i just dont wanna do that grind right now. but ill get to it. because i wanna see that ending on my own merit. the characters in this game are probably the best they've ever been in the series, now don't get me wrong, i love trode, medea, angelo, yangus,and jessica from dragon quest 8. but i fuckin love sylvando from 11, and rab, and erik. veronica, serena, and jade are cool but those guys i love. but never mistake for a second, no one tops the beauty of sylvando. every party member will leave a distinct impact in some way. and as thier individual stories evolve. you'll love them even more for the best buds they are. it's like a proper adventure. i could gush about this game for days. but its also a huge time investment im talking as long as persona 5, maybe longer if you're unlike me and have no desire taking their sweet time.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Pie » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Even though you were pretty much brain dead the previous time, I'm sure I would have still gotten a kick out of the heart and passion you put into your words. =D

Thank you very much for coming back and investing time on writing about the subject. ^_^ It's getting me excited to want to check out the game now. hahaha XD If the opportunity comes up, I think I'd probably like to get it. =) If only I had a better record of passing games lately. =/
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby The Lich Tree » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Well if you do get it, i'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised with how truly grand and wonderful of an adventure the game is, and i hope you will enjoy every ounce of it as i have!
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Return to Gamer's Paradise