[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Minecraft
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Minecraft

Everything related to games~

Minecraft

Postby The Lich Tree » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:31 pm

This has been one of those games i've been enjoying since i first started playing in 2010. i cannot seem to keep away from this beast for too long. there will be huge periods of time where i do not touch it and then something exciting comes along like the aquatic update and i will want to play again.

but recently i've been using it to curb boredom between games via the modpacks found on the twitch launcher. modded minecraft is like playing a whole new game each time, every modpack is basically a new experience and minecraft just becomes really endless fun at that point. i don't think i could ever stop loving this game in my lifetime, its just such a nice and creative outlet for me.

some modpacks i greatly recommend.

Project Ozone 3 (just started playing this and really like it! opinion subject to change)

Sevtech ages (it has a really nice progression system that disguises blocks in the world so they only appear as you go through the ages. for villages it really simulates the growth of a village over time. you'll go into a village in age 0 and they have no doors or windows, but come back in a later age and they will! it's very nice, the world feels like it evolves with you. they also add new mobs as you progress.)

TerraFirmaPunk (this is a twist on terrafirmacraft and a really nice one, it's pretty difficult but it mixes up everything you know about minecraft so well that its like learning a new game)
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Re: Minecraft

Postby Alanzi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:43 pm

I love Minecraft. I run a Realms server for a small group of friends and have been playing it so much over the last year or so.

Let me drop something on you: . These are fantastic. Jump straight to #4 Corona Trials (it's arguably the best starting point, even in RenderXR's opinion) and give it a whirl. I played it a while back with a small group of ~3-5 friends, and it works well as a team game, but I think it's also doable with 1 person. It is incredible and fantastic, I can't praise it enough. I even had a friend recently say "This is what I always wanted Minecraft to be." I think you'll enjoy it!
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Postby The Lich Tree » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:27 pm

thanks for the suggestion! but sadly I'm not really a fan of adventure maps.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Alanzi » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:27 pm

That's fair! Just figured that since you were talking about different experiences it might be something you'd enjoy, but to each their own. :)
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Postby The Lich Tree » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:30 pm

yeah i've played an adventure map or two in my time, they just give me about the same satisfaction of minecraft minigames. i like cool world designs but i like building my own things in minecraft and thats often how i play. i do like the idea of following some quest and seeing it to completion and thats often what the modpacks i look for offer as well as teaching me the mods as i go sort of.

if your friends are all about that adventure and questing aspect, theres a server for minecraft called wynncraft thats similiar to an mmo. it's quests are really interesting and i was into it for a time but fell out of it for the same reason as above. it's a really beautiful world and there is a lot to see and do as well as dungeons to explore and bosses to conquer.

here is the url if you think they might be interested. www.wynncraft.com
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Alanzi » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:42 am

Haha neat, I've never heard of this! I gave Wynncraft a go this evening. It's cute, but not really what I'm looking for (oh boy I guess an MMO is probably the last thing I need right now, though there are a lot of good ones!) Thanks for showing it to me; it was really cool to learn something like this even existed!

Did it use to be bigger than it is now? There are only 250 people online, but the web site says they've had 1 million unique players. :P
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Postby The Lich Tree » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:19 am

Honestly i don't know if it used to be bigger than it is now, i never really paid much attention to player count the few times i played, i do know however that they added crafting stuff recently, such as woodcutting and mining and ect. before it didn't have those things just the quests and dungeons.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Return to Gamer's Paradise