[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Smaller/Indie games!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Smaller/Indie games!

Everything related to games~

Re: Smaller/Indie games!

Postby emmydagal » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:35 pm

so! earlier in the month was my birthday, and with some birthday money, i got a game called

in Disco Elysium, you play as an amnesiac cop* trying to solve a murder case! the murder is at the heart of political tensions in the city, politics of the city itself, and your choices you make along the way. the world you find yourself feels modern, maybe 80s or so, but this is a world that became modern in a completely different way than our own. cars are different, history is different, the world you find yourself isn't earth, but somewhere else entirely.

im sorry im being vague about it, but this game is a game you MUST play blind. the writing in this adventure game is phenomenal, background npcs having stories of their own, your character having his own backstory, your literally BODY PROCESSES AND EMOTIONS are their own characters. literally, their own characters with their own opinions and reactions and thoughts to things. volition, logic, hand eye coronation, even your central nervous system are their own characters. if you pass an early in the game check, your own neck tie will be a character who chimes in from time to time. this game's writing is absolutely excellent, the art is excellent, the music, the WORLD! all so good!

some warning before you play though: in the game are censored queer slurs, racism, mentions of sexual assault, drug use, and suicide. maybe other stuff i havent found yet as well, but that seems to be about it. please know ahead of time before playing! its truly an excellent game

emmydagal
Merchant LV 63/45
Merchant  LV 63/45

Postby emmydagal » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:49 pm

Weaver here (kinda don't go by as Emmy anymore, but ya know how forums and usernames be!) I have been playing a game.

Like all the other games I said on here, I will not spoil. But this one, especially, I can not spoil, for any spoiler will ruin any experience of the game.

The game is called Outer Wilds. A space exploration game. It is very good. Incredibly, amazingly good and have made me cry due to things not even related to anything in the story. The story, also, has made me cry. The game made me think about the fact that our universe is 13.8 billion years old. 13.8 billion years and there are still more.

Please, please, please play Outer Wilds.
emmydagal
Merchant LV 63/45
Merchant  LV 63/45

Postby emmydagal » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKJUMMCJvGM

If you must know something about Outer Wilds, here's the launch trailer. But even then, it spoils things. If you can hold out and go in completely blind,

this is my impassioned plea. Please play Outer Wilds.
emmydagal
Merchant LV 63/45
Merchant  LV 63/45

Previous

Return to Gamer's Paradise