[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - 2010 Anime
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

2010 Anime

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

2010 Anime

Postby RollCasket » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Since I did a games list thing I figured I'd see who all was watching some of the stuff that came out this year. I'm not doing a numbered list sorta thing, but more wondering what people watched/thought was good/interesting.

The main ones I watched all the way through were K-On! 2, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, and Katanagatari, Hitamari Sketch (newest...2?), Kiss X Sis, Strike Witches 2, Ookamisan and seven companions, Index 2, and some others that I either didn't like or haven't finished yet, like the squidgirl one and My lil sis can't be this cute, I'll prolly finish.

Well...I said I wouldn't number them but I'll do it anyway, top 5 =P
5. Index or Squidgirl or lil sis (haven't finished them so it's dependent on that)
4. Ookamisan
3. Panty & Stocking (for pure wtf factor)
2. K-On! (for polish and cute moments)
1. Katanagatari (for the best payoff known to man)

Just to talk about the top 3 briefly...PSG has a great soundtrack, and is prolly the MOST crack Gainax has ever smoked in their life. I mean, I really can't describe this show, because even while watching it you can't believe you're watching it. I think I best described it as "I think Gainax had just seen all of Ren & Stimpy, and then chain smoked crack while making this." In true Gainax fashion also...they totally troll their fans with the ending...seriously Gainax, wtf >.>

K-on continues to be enjoyable, even if most the time it's about nothing. It's high quality with adorable characters, which is usually enough for me. Also, I REALLY love the ending song, great stuff. Mio should sing all the songs, endings AND openings.

Finally, Katanagatari if you haven't seen you really need to. It has a really interesting artistic style with some really cool characters. At the core it's an action show, but through a lot of the series there's a lot of dialog and strategies as the two heroes go on their quest to collect the deviant blades to make an interesting story as well. As I mentioned also, it has one of the best payoffs ever as the last episode is insanely awesome. It's a short series however the episodes are an hour long so that basically doubles the length. So yeah, you guys should go watch it...but by then, you'll already be torn to pieces!
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Other Shiny Things