[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Tron Legacy
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Tron Legacy

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Tron Legacy

Postby Bear » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:47 am

Anyone see this yet? I've really been wanting to see it after Pie and I saw the trailers for it, and I'm curious to know what people's impression is of it if they have seen it. I've not see the original or this one, so please don't give anything away - just let me know your general impressions. Was it what you expected or hoped for? Fall short or go beyond expectations? Acting? Plot? Atmosphere?

Thanks!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: Tron Legacy

Postby RollCasket » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Me and some friends been wanting to see it also...though I think we decided on waiting till it was on base so it'd be cheaper =X Going to movies is expensive x.x The commercials and such keep coming on and taunting me...and I do like me some Daft Punk, lol.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:47 pm

I've been interested in the new Tron movie too, but it seems from what I've briefly read, people aren't thinking so much of it. '_' It's like people really like the visuals and design, but think the story is lacking. I'm still interested in seeing the movie with my own eyes though. =)
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Autolux » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:58 am

You've never seen Tron?!
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby Bear » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:44 pm

Haha, nope. I don't know how I missed it. I originally thought, well, it was before my time. Pie thought it was funny that I said that and so she said, "how can I have seen it and not you (since she is younger)". My reply was, "I don't know, but it must have been before my time".

So we looked it up and found out the movie was released in 1982 (I was born in 80). So she said... "see, it was made after you were born" to which I said, "that doesn't count, that is still before my time". She countered with "well come on. You should have been old enough to go see it not long after release". I was like "yeah, you know, as soon as I could walk, the first thing I decided to do was to go down to the theater and see Tron. I mean, damn, when I was a toddler I saw those commercials and was like - that's it! first chance I get I'm going to waddle down to the theater and see that sucker!"

Anyways, yeah...I missed it OR I might have seen it when I was too young to remember. Either way, I still need to check it out~
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Autolux » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:05 pm

the original is pretty corny and silly looking with really old special effects, but the story was pretty interesting. I say, maybe see the new one first, then the old one, from what I hear the story is basically the same, just told more dramatically.
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Return to Other Shiny Things