[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Abridged movie scripts
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Abridged movie scripts

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Abridged movie scripts

Postby RollCasket » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:41 pm

I THOUGHT I had made a post on this but apparently either I couldn't find it or I'm losing my mind =D Either way, if you haven't heard of it before, I HIGHLY recommend to anyone and everyone, seriously.

Basically what it is, is pointing out all those little things that while you watched a movie (or after) really bugged you/was bad/was ridiculous or whatever. To explain a few things to some people visiting for the first time...lines are said primarily by actor/actress name instead of character name except in rare circumstances like "JEFF GOLDBLUM’S EX-WIFE: Excuse me sir, but aliens have surrounded the planet. I would use my own name above my lines except I really have no other plot function." Also, Rod is the primary author of the site, and most of his stuff is gold, though lately he's allowed more contributions by other authors which can be hit or miss. As far as other contributors, Alexander Wiebe is way beyond the best and has most of the contributions. Oh, and each movie has stars which show how much they actually liked the movie regardless of how the script makes it sound.

Some of my favorites:

And far too many more to name (seriously there are an asston). Some are longer and some are super short, but I know I've wasted probably WAY too much time on the site in general (sometimes reading some many times over). Oh, and obviously they CAN be spoilerish if you haven't seen the movie, but oddly enough, sometimes not at all. Sometimes they'll even make you want to see a movie you had no intention of seeing =P So there's a good bit of greatness there.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Abridged movie scripts

Postby Bear » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:15 pm

Thanks Roll =)

I am...really bad with actors/actresses names, but this seems like a pretty awesome find for movie buffs. Also, I'm terrible at being critical of anything other than games...so I really have to rely on other people with far more interesting tastes than me to find anything good on the Internet lol.

For me, watching a movie is something that I sit back and enjoy. If a movie is descent, I just sort of "enjoy the ride". Only if a movie is phenomenal will it jump out at me and make me very interested...which for me would be stuff like Scott Pilgrim, The Matrix, The Shawshank Redemption, Big Fish, Kung Fu Hustle, Sin City, Mononoke Hime and Megamind off the top of my head. There are a lot more, and I'm sure there is plenty to be critical about even in my list, but I'm just....totally bad at being critical hehe.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: Abridged movie scripts

Postby RollCasket » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:14 am

I dunno, that's one of the things that I find so interesting about the site. Like for some movie he may rip into it but gave it like 4 out of 5 stars, so he clearly enjoyed it, but reading the script you can see the sort of stuff that's being pointed out.

Of course, the scripts can also be making fun of a director at parts, keying into an actor/actress' other roles, putting in audience lines within the script that are usually things people would be thinking during that part...etc. So other than just being about the movie there's a lot there...like I'll post in a segment from the Transformers 2 script.

DIRECTOR MICHAEL BAY
HELP I REALLY WANT A BIG BATTLE IN THE DESERT HOW DO I MAKE THINGS BOOM BOOM ON PYRAMIDS

SHIA LEBOUF
Dude, we’re in Washington, D.C. What are you going to do, teleport us or something?

DIRECTOR MICHAEL BAY
PERFECT THAT WORKS OLD TRANSFORMERS HAVE THE POWER OF TELEPORTATION NOW OKAY

SHIA LEBOUF
Wait, no, don’t–

EXT. EGYPT

SHIA LEBOUF
–god dammit.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Other Shiny Things