[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - MAGFest 10 - 2012
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

MAGFest 10 - 2012

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

MAGFest 10 - 2012

Postby XelaReko » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:05 am

Anyone here going to Magfest this year? I am going with a group of friends and was just wondering if anyone else is going.
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Re: MAGFest 10 - 2012

Postby Bear » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:55 am

Sadly "no" for us, but have a great time and be sure to share pictures if you take any =D
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:22 am

Pretty much anything east coast is a no go for me. What's sad is I've been in Vegas now for a few years and haven't even gone to evo yet...which is sad since I love fighting games and always end up watching most of the evo vids anyway. Esp sad that I missed TONS of big moments at the last one, but I dunno if anyone here even paid much attention to that stuff. To recap it though, crazy 8 year old in MVSC3 (though didn't win) Daigo got beat than eliminated, though the ultimate winner of ssf4 was an old Virtua Fighter champ. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-hIDjh9 ... ata_player if ya wanna see a few highlights.

I'm going off topic a lot lately...but if it weren't for the fact that I just took a short vacation to California...I don't plan much in advance so maybe next year or so. It'd be cool if we had a whole group to meet up with too.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:42 am

Yeah, it would be great to meet some people and hang out.

It would be really awesome if LiA grew enough where Pie and I could justify traveling out of state to cons to hang out. It would probably be cool to setup a booth for a day or something and spread the word, then take the rest of the time to just hang out with people at the con and enjoy ourselves with others.

Meeting people and having good times; that's what life's all about =D
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby XelaReko » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:14 pm

Man, I wish I was good at fighting games or that I could suddenly become good at them. The idea of having to learn all the little tricks and what-nots of those games frighten me a bit.

I will try to take pictures but I really don't have a good camera, but one of my friends will probably take a ton and I will upload those!
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:42 pm

It's funny, my old roommate was/is in a similar boat...bad at fighting games but really gets into those evo moments and for that matter, new character reveals. If you've seen the SSF4 new character vids, they're exciting with awesome music, combos, and supers/ultras. Even Smash Bros we got super excited waiting for the next reveal and talking about it. Speaking of evo moments...I DO hope everyone has seen the SF3 ken vs chun li most epic moment in game history...in fact I'm gonna go watch that again =P

Getting good at fighting games can be a daunting task though. I'm not super amazing or anything, but I'm good enough to beat most normal players or bottom tier tourney people lol. You can get far on just timing and good mind games. The rest of it is just practice and seeing what other characters can do, and sadly I don't have the time to get past the base point anymore, but they're still fun. My best was when Soul Calibur 2 and Smash Melee, that was the only time I could consider myself tourney level and won a lot of competitions. It's definitely a fun and awesome feeling if you're willing to put the time into it.

So yeah, totally veered off topic here, but best way to get in there is pick a new game coming out, like the Persona fighting game, though I dunno if that would go evo...but keeps you on even ground at least. Cons in general though are great to see some different tactics and high lvl play in general. I always went to the game room at some point to see the competition there.

Make sure you get pics of all the crazy cosplayers =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby XelaReko » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:09 am

Oh god. My head hurts so much from magfest. I guess that is how you know it was tons of fun.

I met the voices of Duke Nukem, Sheogorath from the Elder Scrolls games, GlaD0S, The TF2 sniper, and a few others. Tons of fun. I partied a bit too hard with Nukem and Sheogorath with their silly Room parties.

Also met the guys from "Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin'?" Really funny series if you haven't seen it.

(Me and Papa Burch from HAWP)

Most importantly, I now understand how a bar can make tons of money off of free alcohol.

I also met my twin (I am the evil one! D= )

But all in all, we had fun.

Group foto shot!

Will add more later probably.
XelaReko
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Return to Other Shiny Things