[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Chiptunes?
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Chiptunes?

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Chiptunes?

Postby Bear » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:32 pm

So after watching the , I was seriously in need for some good chiptunes music. But I have no idea where to find the goods. Anyone have a hookup on some sites or artists sites that have things I can listen too?
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: Chiptunes?

Postby th3squirr3l » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Hmm... All I can think of at the moment is the music from Cave Story.

I'm sure you've heard of it? *sarcasm*

www.cavestory.org
^If you look through the download sections there, I'm sure you'll find some satisfactory music up for download. I love that soundtrack :D
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby Bear » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 am

Thanks for the link Squirrel! I do have the Cave Story OST as well. Since we are on the subject, I might as well link up some of the ones I have that I think are good:

by

by

also has some chiptunes tracks.
by

Speaking of Super Meat Boy, I asked on Twitter for some Chiptunes hookups, and the composer of one of the tracks, tweeted me back with his stuff. Pretty cool so I'll show him some love here too =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby th3squirr3l » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:24 pm

Cool, I'll have a look at them in a bit.

Heh, thinking of the word "chiptunes" just makes me think of the old puzzle game Chip's Challenge... The music in that game was great. Well, there were only two looping tunes and they got (only a little bit) annoying after playing 150 levels, but they sure were great. xD

I'm not sure if I'll be able to find a download for them anywhere, but I looked for some youtube videos incase noone's played this game but me ahaha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTDNECHVtoQ

Bummer! :D
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Return to Other Shiny Things