[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Old lady art
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Old lady art

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: Old lady art

Postby Pie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Really nice! =D I like the pattern and colors! XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Farore » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:13 pm

Since my top secret project has been completed and received he's what I've done since:

A hat for Roll that makes no sense because we live in a desert and you don't need an ear-flap hat but he wanted one anyway:

And the newest blankie:

When I went to the store I just kinda grabbed colors I liked, mainly the silver, green, and blue. I knew this pattern needed a third color and it came down to either this purple or a bit darker one. Once I started working on it I was glad I chose this purple.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:42 pm

This is some good stuff. It reminds me of my childhood a lot. My mom used to crochet. She only knew how to make the square blankets, like above, but she did it a lot. As unstable as that time in my life was, it's kind of nice to think back on just watching TV with my mom while she made a blanket. She taught me to do it, too, but I only ever got about a square foot made before I lost my patience. I kinda have to be in an obsessive state to do anything slow and steady like that. Of course, my mom could fly so for her it was fast and steady.

Home economics was a pretty fun class. I dreaded it at first because I guess boys were supposed to or something (at least according to what TV taught me), but it turned out to be great. It was where I learned how to make pancakes and french toast, and more importantly, it was where I got introduced to cross stitching. I haven't done it since then, but I sure did enjoy it.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Farore » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:54 pm

It definitely take a lot of patience. Not as much as cross stitching though! I've completed a few small cross stitches and one large one that took me nearly a year. I love completed cross stitch projects but actually making one take forever.

When I first learned how to crochet all I could do was a single crochet, back and forth patter. One year when I was still in elementary school we went to my grandmother's house in Wyoming and she and I made a potholder as a birthday surprise for my mom. It wasn't anything fancy, maybe 10x10 inches, but it was a shell pattern. My grandma made me learn all the shorthand and how to ready crochet patterns. The whole time I was so angry and hated it because it took so much longer, but now that I look back I'm so glad she made me learn. Being able to read the shorthand and patterns opens up so many possibilities!
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:29 am

What are you talking about? It gets cold enough for ear flaps at night/early morning I the desert. Especially if you're only used to desert temps.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby th3squirr3l » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:25 am

I love that hat so much <3

Well done! How long did that one take to do?
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby Farore » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:19 am

Hats are pretty small so they go fairly quickly. Switching colors makes it take a bit longer, but still that one only took a couple hours max.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Farore » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:11 pm

I made this one a little while ago. It's a lion for baby Jesse. I have patterns for a few others, most importantly the Monkey. Roll has decided that our baby will be surrounded by monkeys at every moment.

Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:09 pm

Wow, all this talk of babies, cats and monkeys in the forum right now is a pretty startling coincidence for a LiA comic Pie and I are working on right now. Anyways, it looks nice Farore! It reminds me of an animal version of the Thousand Sunny from One Piece.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Previous

Return to Other Shiny Things