[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Old lady art
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Old lady art

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Old lady art

Postby Farore » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:11 am

It seems like everyone on the forums has their own art passion and has posted about it. I can draw a mean stick figure, but that's about as far as it goes. When I was in elementary school my mom and grandma taught me how to crochet and I've been pretty into it recently. I've made a number of blankets through the years but don't really have any pictures of most of them, but I just finished this one so I have pictures! I know that crocheting and knitting are considered the type of thing old ladies do, but I love it.

So here's my old lady art =p

And this one, before it was done, because it was adorable. I couldn't bring myself to work on it until she moved of her own free will.

Sorry if the pictures are too big, I'm not sure how to resize them >.<
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Re: Old lady art

Postby RollCasket » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:29 am

Oooooh rubber kitten. She has to find other places to lay since I'm not there keeping the left side of the bed warm =P

It looks good though, good job.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby th3squirr3l » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Knitting and crocheting seem too complicated for me xD I would never even try, it'd all go horribly wrong ahaha...

But this looks nice! And is seemingly fluffy and inviting enough for a cat, so it passes inspection! Well done :D
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby ThePaul » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:36 pm

As a man that makes cat noises all the time, I have to agree with the cat.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby RollCasket » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:32 pm

That reminds me squirrel, while she was still working on it she tried to show me how she's doing it and I just gave her a blank stare and "...you lost me"

At the same time it's about the same as if you were to show me some "basic" robotics stuff, lol. Paul generally loses me also but in an awesome and random way. If only cause you never know what he's going to swoop in and say.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:07 am

Thanks for sharing Farore =)

Do you have any Zelda inspired projects??? That would be really cool hehe. But I think what you posted is nice too. My mom used to be really into it when she was younger but then she stopped doing it after a while, which I thought was a shame. Looks nice and comfy! =3
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Farore » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:48 am

My Ruby kitten not rubber kitten silly. Thanks guys. It really just looks more complicated than it is. I haven't done anything game related.... yet. I've pretty much always just used free patterns I can find, though at some point I want to get adventurous and make something up. I really enjoy doing it and find it relaxing.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby TenaciousTinkerer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:17 pm

OOOOH that looks nice :3
Big sword you say!? Im in :D
TenaciousTinkerer
Knight LV 68/1
Knight  LV 68/1

Location: Somewhere blasting, N smashing stuff with a laser greatsword

Postby Doctor G33K » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Looks good!

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly
big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but
that's just peanuts to space, listen..."
~R.I.P. Douglas Adams (I promise I'll stop confusing you with Stephen Douglas)
Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

Postby th3squirr3l » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:18 pm

[quote=A Genius/Mad Scientist]Do you have any Zelda inspired projects??? That would be really cool hehe.[/quote]

This. So much this. Can you imagine a WW stained glass style blanket? I'd pay you for one :3
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Next

Return to Other Shiny Things